13 22.03%
  • Kosigina/Moroshkin

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    vCash

Russian Dance Teams for Sochi

3 Spots

vCash
    Bobrova & Soloviev are locks and Ilinykh & Katsalapov are close to a lock. I will say Riazanova & Tkachenko will take the 3rd spot but after a relatively mediocre Worlds, they could be in danger. Sinitsina & Zhiganshin are the most likely spoilers IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    Bobrova & Soloviev are locks and Ilinykh & Katsalapov are close to a lock. I will say Riazanova & Tkachenko will take the 3rd spot but after a relatively mediocre Worlds, they could be in danger. Sinitsina & Zhiganshin are the most likely spoilers IMO.
    or TAT and an Olympic Champion Dad could Politik for the 3rd spot

vCash
    Maybe Stepanova and Bukin will take the third spot?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    that's what I'm thinking
    don't understand much Italian but you can still hear at their Junior Worlds Gala closing they are being promoted as son of the Olympic Champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqb1nsCgec

Riazanova/Tkachenko can't barely get a Top 10 finish, so stranger things can happen

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I hope so!

vCash
    I think Stepanova/Bukin will take it over Riazanova/Tkachenko

vCash
    Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, and Stepanova/Bukin.

The best thing Sinitsina/Zhiganshin can do for themselves is to leave Kustarova before it's too late.

vCash
    ITA.

I voted B/S, I/K and Step/Bukin. But my heart is with Sin/Z. If they change coaches, I can see them challenging for that 3rd slot. But if they stay with Kustarova, they are doomed!

vCash
    Wow it is kind of shocking to see the team that has been the #3 Russian team the entire quad with a mere 1 vote so far (and that was mine).

vCash
    Wow it is kind of shocking to see the team that has been the #3 Russian team the entire quad with a mere 1 vote so far (and that was mine).
    I dont think it's that shocking. I like this team, but unfortunately they havent really produced any kind of result that would show they are living up to their potential. They have been kind of languishing in third for the entire quad. They looked sharper at their first GP - when they were fresh from their training with Igor. But that didnt last. I think if they change to him completely, they have a good chance to keep that third spot. But if they stay with Gorshkov, then just like Kustarova, IMO they are doomed.

vCash
    R/T have been stuck in 3rd for many years
    someone else is bound to pass them

vCash
    After worlds and no medal for I/K all the usual suspects are talking about I/K never practice never work hard and wasting all their time. Why don't Piseev and Zhuline and all the people saying this just say to the judges stop holding them up at nationals and don't send them to the Olympics or have them on the national podium. I have to admire I/K for having all the RUssian elities in skating say they never work and and are lazy and just keep going and they beat the beloved B/S in the Euros free dance with them doing no work and no practice and being lazy! There is a real disconnect between what people are saying and the results except at this worlds. Just forget them then. People say R/T will be surpassed but how about the lazy non-working I/K be surpassed by R/T and S/B?

vCash
    R/T weren't that bad at Worlds. They were closer to I/K than usual, although I know that was more about I/K's poor performances than R/T having good ones.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CoralReef View Post
    I think Stepanova/Bukin will take it over Riazanova/Tkachenko
    I don't know because after WJ S/B said they haven't made up their minds if they are joining seniors or not yet.I hope they do I really love them .

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    I don't know because after WJ S/B said they haven't made up their minds if they are joining seniors or not yet.I hope they do I really love them
    Wow, I'm surprised at that. They already have 3 JGPF medals and JW gold and silver. There doesn't seem to be much left to do in juniors!

It might make sense for the fact that a lot of skaters are expected to retire next year (not necessarily Russians), so the senior Grand Prix for 2014-15 will be more open and it might be easier to make a big debut.

OTOH, they have a shot at making an Olympic team next year, which would be great experience... tough decision! I wonder what his daddy thinks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised at that. They already have 3 JGPF medals and JW gold and silver. There doesn't seem to be much left to do in juniors!

It might make sense for the fact that a lot of skaters are expected to retire next year (not necessarily Russians), so the senior Grand Prix for 2014-15 will be more open and it might be easier to make a big debut.

OTOH, they have a shot at making an Olympic team next year, which would be great experience... tough decision! I wonder what his daddy thinks.
    makes sense they can easily make a great debut post 2014 Sochi
    but going to the 2014 Olympics would be a great experience for them for 2018.

going 4 Seasons in Juniors feels so tiresome already
    probably even Papadakis/Cizeron will turn seniors to get that 2nd Olympics spot

vCash
    Riazanova and Tkachenko are in trouble. They are a very good team but have been clearly ONLY Russia's #3 all the time. They are the Rubleva & Shefer of this cycle and will likely be sacrificed at the last minute in order to give an up and coming team olympic experience in route to 2018.

As for who would be the young team, right now is a battle between Stepanova & Bukin and Sinitsina & Zhiganshin.

vCash
    I think Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Monko/Khaliavin will fight for the third spot next year. Monko/Khaliavin are also former world junior champions and are working with Zhulin as well. Remember they finished 4th at the nationals ahead of S/Z...