vCash

What skaters wil make a comeback for the Games and how successful will they be

You just know some skaters will make a comeback for the Olympics. Which ones will and how will they do. Here are mine:

Lysacek- Will come back. Not sure if he makes it. I think Max Aaron will defend his U.S title and go to the Games as the #1 U.S man. 2nd spot is a huge toss up between Abbott, Lysacek, Dornbush, Miner, and possibly a few others. Whoever skates best at Nationals. Dont think he will be held up though.

Weir- Will come back. Will come 8th-15th at Nationals. The end.

Shen & Zhao- I could see them coming back. China wants another gold badly and wont get it from any of their current pairs. If they do wont win though. Will win bronze behind overrated pretty Russians and Germans, maybe 4th behind muscled girl Canadian and pretty boy partner.

Czisny- Will come back. Will be gifted 3rd behind locks Gold and Wagner if she still has great spins and lands atleast 4 triples in LP at Nationals with clean short. Lost spins due to injury though would mean 8th place and the end.

Flatt- will come back and not make it to Nationals, going out in Sectionals.

Any others.

vCash
    You forgot to mention Miki Ando, who will come back and win the Olympics next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaia View Post
    You forgot to mention Miki Ando, who will come back and win the Olympics next year.
    I am not sure if she will or not. I hear sad reports she isnt as motivated. If she were motivated she would have the Olympic Gold most likely since she showed she could crush Kim if both are comparably close to their best, but I fear if she returns it wont be full motivation and she would be fighting for 3rd Japanese lady to go to the Games, or might not come back at all. I hope I am wrong though.

vCash
    this thread is gold!

vCash
    Michelle will come back and skate in Sochi (while 7 months preggers) and finally win that gold medal! Huzzah!

vCash
    Shen & Zhao arent coming back. What a crazy suggestion. What would they be coming back for, to place 4th or 5th on Russian ice, LOL! They would have nothing going for them unlike 2010 where they had everything. They would not be the sentimental favorites, they would not be the judges favorites most likely, they certainly wouldnt be the crowd favorites, they would be facing a deeper field, and they would be alot older. Plus they won everything and the Vancouver Gold completed their amazing careers and cemented them a top 5 pair all time. No chance, even if the Chinese federation begged them.

Evan I dont think will be back at all either. I will be surprised if he shows up at Nationals. If he does I think he would be one of 6 or 7 fighting for a spot on the Olympic Team and would probably fall short unless he skated a blinder. The USFSA reportedly meddled in his comeback 2 years ago so I dont think are heavily on his bandwagon anymore.

One person not mentioned I could see coming back or atleast continuing his comeback is Sandhu. Could see him definitely getting the 3rd spot for Canada to the Olympics if he has both his quad and triple axel back.

vCash
    Gizmo will be back and she will totally rock.
    My job requires me to be a juggler, but that does not mean that I enjoy working with clowns.

vCash
    I hope Rachael Flatt gets it together and makes the US team to Olympics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater91 View Post
    I hope Rachael Flatt gets it together and makes the US team to Olympics.
    I'd love to see that too. But injuries tell me it's just too beyond her control.

vCash
    Lysacek - May turn up at Nationals and get overscored, but is just as likely to not, and may not be kindly look on by the USFSA if he does his LITTLE "obtain a Grand Prix and then withdraw at the last minute" act.

Weir - Will make a lot of noise and carry-on about how he's gonna make the Olympic team and how fabulous his new programs are and blah blah blah, and then mysteriously will be "injured" or just plain not turn up to Nationals.

S/Z - No way. Let them enjoy their retirement. They were pretty beat up at the end.

Czisny - At this point I think everyone should just be happy enough to see her moving around like a normal person. The comeback can wait.

vCash
    SHEN & ZHAO WILL NOT COME BACK! LMAO.

I don't think Lysacek's going to come back, either. If he does he might finish 2nd and make the team, or anywhere from 3rd to 6th, really. I actually think there is more chance of Weir coming back than him, since Weir actually showed up at a GP this past season and he finished the Finlandia Trophy (sorry if it was actually Nebelhorn, but I'm pretty sure it was Finlandia). I don't think Weir will qualify for the Olympics though. Neither Lysacek nor Weir have reliable quads so if the other top guys land their quads they may be screwed.

Csizny may come back, but won't get an Olympic spot. She'll probably finish like 5th or something. Flatt won't come back, she'll be focusing on school.

Plushenko will be back and finish somewhere in the top 10 at the Olympics, then he'll hardly be able to walk because he ruined his back and will be off the ice for like a year. Miki Ando will not come back because she has no coach/isn't ready. Rochette will decide to stick to pro skating since she seems to enjoy it more than competing, and Canada has Osmond now. I'm not sure if she would beat Osmond at Nationals, although Canada does have two spots.

Emanuel Sandhu will come back with at least his triple axel, maybe his quad, and make the National team, but not the Olympics. He'll go to 4CCs and have a respectable showing.