100 52.63%
  • The Polinas

7 3.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    ....Watch Leonova and Gosviani end up being the Sochi team

vCash
    I think it will be Lipnitskaya for sure. The question is the other spot. It probaly should be Pogorilaya if it is judged fairly but who knows if it will be. Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are two of the most overrated skaters in the last decade atleast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe View Post
    Better than a Tuktamshova and Sotnkikova team. Atleast Leonova is a World silver medalist, something neither of those two hype machines will probably ever achieve.

vCash
    I think ultimately Tuk, Sot and Lip will go to Euros and the top 2 finishers there will go to Sochi. Looks like it will be Lip and Sot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DimaToe
    Damn the JO, I wanted to vote for Slute!

with my Sestra Helena plotting how to ravish Hot Paul and delicious Cal
    vCash
    LipTuk. Sounds like Nip/Tuck.

This was magical: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjeBozWSw0Q

Julia is a young lady who may cause a threat to the top 3 ladies in the world if this level of skating keeps holding her up. She has maturity well beyond her years and could be this generation's answer to Oksana Baiul. Very well done, my dear; keep up the great work!
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-06-2013 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    I like Tuk this year! Never thought I'd say that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    LipTuk. Sounds like Nip/Tuck.

This was magical: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjeBozWSw0Q

Julia is a young lady who may cause a threat to the top 3 ladies in the world if this level of skating keeps holding her up. She has maturity well beyond her years and could be this generation's answer to Oksana Baiul. Very well done, my dear; keep up the great work!
    Are you kidding me? Oksana actually listened to the music and had that rare ability to skate to any kind of music and had charisma to spare. There still isn't anyone who has had the kind of presence on the ice that Oksana had. She was truly a ballerina on the ice.

vCash
    I wouldn't like being called the next Baiul , not with her short career and mediocre Olympics performance

looks like Tuk won't be left out without a fight
    she brought it in the FS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Are you kidding me? Oksana actually listened to the music and had that rare ability to skate to any kind of music and had charisma to spare. There still isn't anyone who has had the kind of presence on the ice that Oksana had. She was truly a ballerina on the ice.
    If you would read carefully, I stated that Julia "could be", not "is" the next Oksana. Realistically though, I don't think the current COP scoring system would allow any lady to be the next Oksana. I don't even think Oksana could have been the Oksana we know and love had she skated under COP. It's pretty difficult, if not nearly impossible, to interpret the character of the music and tell a story on the ice when you have to constantly contort your body in strange positions that slow you down and constantly have to count in your head how long you are holding every single move or having to choctaw turn, counter turn, do rockers, brackets, lunges, stag jumps, and basically throw everything out there on the ice including the kitchen sink into your footwork sequences. It's exhausting to watch it all, much less to have to do it. No wonder the skaters are so winded and appear to be in need of an oxygen mask at the end of their programs.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 10-07-2013 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r
    Julia is a young lady who may cause a threat to the top 3 ladies in the world if this level of skating keeps holding her up.
    Really? Yes, this is the first time I really enjoyed her too, but this is way, way too far off, IMO. She just completed a LP with seven triples and 2 2A and scored 120+ - Mao and Caro nearly score that with half their jumps cleanly done. No way is Julia anywhere near a good skating Mao or Caro (and I'm not even mentioning Yuna for a reason), and there are other skaters too who'll likely beat her if they skate well (like Ashley, Gracie, Akiko...).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Li'Kitsu View Post
    Really? Yes, this is the first time I really enjoyed her too, but this is way, way too far off, IMO. She just completed a LP with seven triples and 2 2A and scored 120+ - Mao and Caro nearly score that with half their jumps cleanly done. No way is Julia anywhere near a good skating Mao or Caro (and I'm not even mentioning Yuna for a reason), and there are other skaters too who'll likely beat her if they skate well (like Ashley, Gracie, Akiko...).
    she got 2 edge calls on her lutz had a step out on her 3-3, fix her technical flows and get better flow on her jumps to maz GOE with her lvl 4 spins. if she stays consistent her PCS will also improve this can get around 130-135 FS almost the same as Tuk and Adelina can get

vCash
    I feel like I'm having to teach a semantics course for everything I say today. Saying something "may" happen is not the same as saying it "will" happen. Scores for the skaters rise as the season progresses. Who is to say that won't happen if Julia continues to improve and if the top ladies make mistakes? As for you bringing Wagner, Gold, and Suzuki into the discussion, I could see a flawless Lipnitskaia beating those ladies, especially the incredibly over-hyped and windmill armed Gold, whose PCS belong somewhere down in the 40s. Last season at the NHK Trophy on home country ice, the judges allowed a 3 triple Asada, ranked 6th in the world at the time, who popped many jumps into singles and doubles beat a 6 triple Suzuki, who was ranked 3rd in the world at the time. The judges have shown on many occasions that they couldn't care less about Akiko, which is a shame because I really like her. Wagner many times has her own issues to deal with concerning two-footings and under-rotations on the jumps and there is also her flutz that comes into the discussion. Asada, Suzuki, Wagner, and Lipnitskaia all flutz. Kim and Gold both have been known to lip. Kostner has the cleanest jump technique overall; the results would be astounding if she could put a perfect two program competition together.

vCash
    I can see Sotnikova missing the team. I just have a (horrible) feeling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    I have that feeling too but for me it would in no way be horrible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Loves_Shizuka View Post
    Tuk or Sot can get bumped for Lip, and MAYBE Leonova if she's amazing on the GP. Beyond that though, I could see a case where someone like Pogorilaya or Gosviani would deserve to make the team over Tuk or Sot (ie. skate well on the GP and jump much better at Nationals), but would not make it due to inflation of PCS in favor of Tuk or Sot at Nationals and/or the Fed deciding to send one of them on the basis of their having more experience and better results in the past, in the case that say Pogorilaya or Gosviani DID beat one of them at Nationals. I tend to think at least ONE of Tuk or Sot will be on the team, regardless of if they skate inconsistently or poorly at all the competitions they skate in from now through Nationals.

vCash
    The free skate scores for the following 4 skaters over the last couple of weeks were:-

Julia Lipnitskaya (Finlandia Trophy) - 125.82
    Elena Radionova (Nebelhorn Trophy) - 123.52
    Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (Finlandia Trophy) - 121.32
    Adelina Sotnikova (Japan Open) - 105.95

Fortunately, for the other 3, Radionova is not age eligible to compete at the Olympics. If she were, then the 2 that probably would be selected on current form would be Lipnitskaya and Radionova. However, the season is young and a lot could change over the coming months. Ultimately, I think Lipnitskaya will likely be selected. She looks to be in far better form than last season. As for the other spot, whilst Tuk's FS was far more impressive than Sotnikova's, Tuk's problems with the SP remain. On the other hand, on the evidence of the Japan Open, the problems that Sotnikova has had for the last 2 seasons remain unresolved. On balance, I think Tuk has the edge as I think it is perfectly feasible that she can finally resolve her SP issues over the coming months, whereas I think it will take Sotnikova far longer to sort out her problems. Hence, at this present time, Julia and Tuk are the favourites to win selection.
    Last edited by Maofan7; 10-06-2013 at 11:33 PM.

vCash
    Even with a LP difference of 5 points only the final score of Finlandia for Julia and Liza was Julia 191.31 and Liza 173.45. That is how huge a problem Liza has to possibly overcome for short programs. Russian nationals 2013 and SPs in GPs in 2011 showed that Liza can virtually eliminate all problems from SPs but now the problem is back and it is enormous! Just cataclysms!

vCash
    I think it is completely even at this point. Julia has less pressure now, but with the necessity to perform well on GP circuit all three women will feel quite a bit of pressure, so it might even out by the time of Nationals. It'll be very interesting. And OH- I forgot Leonova. How could I; she is quite capable of delivering if she is in good shape. This is fun (for us, not so much for Russian Ladies...)
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    She has already beaten Akiko, both with mistakes. And Gracie is SO overhyped right now! Ashley is no better than a clean Lip. And the clean Lip is going to score more due to technique than Ashley..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast