45 23.68%
  • Adelina Sotnikova

100 52.63%
  • The Polinas

7 3.68%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gold and to some degree Osmond were both overmarked at Worlds. Tuktamysheva and Li both skated so much better than them on the night and it wasnt reflected in the scores. Well Li did atleast pass Fall-mond but not by enough given their skates. Sotnikova was somewhere between them as far as fair skating given how they skated. Those 5 and possibly others will battle it out for many years post Sochi but it is becoming clear who has the judging favor of the bunch, and it is Gold and Kaetlyn Fall-mond. Atleast the other girls can count on Kaetlyn Fall-mond to fall atleast 3 times each competition so if they skate clean they have to beat her, regardless what the judges want, but Gold as starting to fight more and stand up her programs so judging favortism for her could be a bigger problem for those others in the future.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dawnie View Post
    I thought the team event at the Olympics is going to have 1 woman, 1 man, 1 pair and 1 dance couple?
    That's correct. However, they can switch skaters between the SP and LP, in up to two disciplines. I am thinking they might do it for ladies and pairs.

judgejudy - I'm sure V&T will participate in the team event, but pairs is the first individual competition, so skating four times in such a short period is a lot. They might opt to do only the SP, for example, so that they won't be more tired than S&S.

vCash
    Liza has done poorly in SP's for a majority of this season and was so bad in worlds she was beaten by Leonova. The SP problem for her is real and a major reason why she may not qualify for the Olympics. She can qualify for Euros and then beat someone there to place for the Olympics. Julia, Adelina, Liza are most likely to go to Euros. But if Liza has a bad SP at Euros and is beaten by Julia it will probably be Adelina and Julia. ANd maybe Liza doesn't even qualify for Euros. The SP problem for her is real and must be improved. GPF's saw bombing in Worlds saw bomb in SP. That's not something she can afford and is totally at risk of losing to Julia. Sotnikova also needs to sort out her bad flip problems. Maybe stop doing them. She cost herself a three jump combo at worlds because she didn't do a flip well and missed the rest of the combo. There are big problems. Why they were 9th and 10th at worlds.

vCash
    The quality of Liza's jumps is much better than Julia's. I think that will give her the edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    The quality of Liza's jumps is much better than Julia's. I think that will give her the edge.
    They're so good. And few have shown they can come back from a bad SP more than Liza but what if the hole is so bad she can't dig herself out of it!
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 03-18-2013 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya

Or maybe Shelepen

vCash
    Shelepen didn't she retire ???
    thats why I lump all the Polinas in 1 poll

depends with Julia, she can still pull a Lipinski next season maybe not gold of course
    but if she will be the most successful of the three in GP's and win Euros , then I don't see why she will be left out for Olympics
    the three are pretty even imo

vCash
    Shelepen is only 17 y/o she did not retire she had an injury (foot or ankle? something like that) since early this season, that's why she had a meltdown at Skate Canada, made things worse, so then she did not compete for the rest of the season (she was qualified for Nats but withdrew). I do not know if she is recovered again now but I would think/hope so. Anyways, I was just joking about Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya, I maybe like those 2 the most of the Russian ladies but it's not like they honestly have a realistic chance at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PashaFan View Post
    I thought Elizaveta was so undermarked in her free skate. I would have had her & the chinese girl way above Gracie who now seems to be the-can-do-no-wrong girl for the judges.
    Tuk landed all her jumps, but she was slow, her jumps were small, and she had poor ice coverage. She may be having difficulty dealing with a significant weight gain since the GPF---even her face was rounder than I can remember and she has a hint of a double chin. She had the lowest PCS scores of the ladies in the top 10.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    She may be having difficulty dealing with a significant weight gain since the GPF---even her face was rounder than I can remember and she has a hint of a double chin.
    Nice.

vCash
    Lol oh yeah Liza is a big cow now, bet she sits around all day on her sofa eating pancakes....

Um, seriously?? Do you really think she'd be able to jump like she does, 3lz-3t like it's nothing time and time again, if she were overweight or out of shape? It's just bad costuming and her being in an adjustment phase physically, plus she is very petite. Liza looks fine weight wise to me and I seriously hope she does not go pull a Leonova and start only eating breakfast at the result of her skating level falling through the tubes...

vCash
    Tuk gained a few pounds but she is going through puberty and some of those will turn to muscles when her growth becomes more stable, its not like she is borderline Rachel Flatt on her weight.

speaking of figures, maybe some are just naturally think like Adelina. Julia Lipnitskaya also has grown but her body is still well proportioned a good sign she will keep her jumps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    Tuk landed all her jumps, but she was slow, her jumps were small, and she had poor ice coverage. She may be having difficulty dealing with a significant weight gain since the GPF---even her face was rounder than I can remember and she has a hint of a double chin. She had the lowest PCS scores of the ladies in the top 10.
    If you think that girl is overweight you need to get your eyes tested. It's people like you who make girls look in the mirror & see something that's not there. I have had eating disorders my entire life & a flippent comment from someone can really hurt.
    She is average for her her hight & I think she looks lovely. Anyone who wants to see 14 wafer thin girls should go watch a fashion show & NOT skating. Just look at Elene Gedvanishvili at the World's. She looked so thin & really sad.
    I really hope Elizeveta can get more consistent for next season as I & many others really enjoy watching her.
    If you don't like watching someone skate turn over.

vCash
    I'm gonna bump this thread as the season has started
    thoughts after Japan Open and Finlandia bewteen Tuk, Lip and Sot

vCash
    It's amazing how far ahead of Sotnikova and Tuktamisheva Lipnitskaia is! She still has it all. Maybe being so much the overwhelming best one could create some problems regarding overconfidence or nerves because she is absolutely the best and just shows it and knows it.

vCash
    ROTFL at the results of this poll. Lipnitskaia is so making this team. I would bet money on it. It in fact wouldnt shock me if neither Sotnikova or Tuktamysheva make it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    ROTFL at the results of this poll. Lipnitskaia is so making this team. I would bet money on it. It in fact wouldnt shock me if neither Sotnikova or Tuktamysheva make it
    I think this is totally accurate and agree 100%. Julia has only done a sp so far but wow! What a statement!

vCash
    I still trust Adelina and Liza...I'm sure Tuktamysheva will recover in the lp and Adelina is a favourite of mine, although her program I find the dullest she ever had
    Julia is a lanky skater who muscles all of her jumps imho...I saw improvement in her expression and that sp suits her very much but I still have reserves...but what do I know?

vCash
    One of either Adelina or Elizaveta will be left off the team if they continue to skate so dismally, and rightfully so. Julia L. will take one of their places. Jmho.

vCash
    Pogorilaya is looking pretty good for early in the season. I highly doubt she makes the Olympic team but she might deserve to...if she keeps this up she could make at splash at the GPs, get some decent placements and make a name for herself going into the next quad. I love the expressiveness of her face and her artistry is improving, plus she's such a stunning girl. The program is kind of voidy and I really like the dress

FS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXPqR4wvpFY

SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av4BSaAsH1A

She won the Russian cup event with score of about 168 (61 SP, 107 FS). None of the other girls skated very well at this event.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast