69 92.00%
  • Satoko Miyahara

8 10.67%
  • Mao Asada

74 98.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    Mao is pretty much the only lock. Ando is very close to a lock IF she comes back in the same form or very close to it when she left. Suzuki and Murakami both are up in the air, and it will depend on the season and nationals if Ando is in the running, if not, it will be those two that will go with Mao. That being said, if Ando skips the GP, and finishes off the podium behind both Suzuki & Murakami, she also will not be going.

Mao is the only one who does not need to finish on the podium at nationals to go barring a GP disaster, but even in that scenario.... :S hard to say.

Although come on people, the realistic podium at japanese nationals is probably going to be: 1st - Fumie Suguri, 2nd - Mao Asada, 3rd - Miki Ando. Then I'd be REALLY interested to see who they send, lol.

vCash
    Mao, Kanako and Akiko, in that order, since Miki won't be back.

vCash
    Does anyone actually know what Miki is up to or what her plans are? Or is it all merely speculation? And did she get married or not?

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    I wish Shizuka would make a come back..
    For the love of god, no! My nerves couldn't handle it Besides she's got the two golds everyone wants. As many pointed out, she hated competing so once she won the OGM after worlds, she ran. Thankfully she's retained many of her skills, but... just no

vCash
    Last I heard, Miki does still want to come back if she can find a coach. If she comes back, I'm worried about Akiko not making the Olympic team.

vCash
    I hope Akiko brings her A-game

For me, she's the first person since Michelle to convey such unabashed joy with her skating
    I love her <3

vCash
    I think Akiko in 2014 will be an important role model too for showing that the older, more artistically developed skaters are not physically "too old" for this system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andofanatic View Post
    Ando is a lock obviously. Asada is almost one. The other spot is a toss up between all the others. Murakami is no lock just because she had a fluke ok Worlds and still didnt medal.
    how is Ando a lock and Asada almost one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    Last I heard, Miki does still want to come back if she can find a coach. If she comes back, I'm worried about Akiko not making the Olympic team.
    Well even if Miki came back and in good shape, I dont think the JSF would even care which of her or Suzuki made the Olympic team, or whether someone else did. Mao is clearly their number 1 and biggest hope for Sochi now, while Murakami is clearly now their biggest hope for the 2015-2018 quad and their current number 2, who as 4th place finisher at the Worlds could medal in Sochi if she has a great event and someone bombs of the big 3. Which old veteran goes along for the ride wouldnt really matter, so it would simply come down to who skates best at Nationals which is pretty much a crapshoot. Miki is a 2 time World Champion but has never been close to an Olympic medal, and she isnt a real medal contender for Sochi either, while sadly Suzuki is no longer an Olympic medal contender of any sort after this season probably. Suzuki should outskate someone who is almost as old as her and has barely skated for almost 3 years, but then again she had a meltdown at Nationals this year and seems to be losing her consistency. I actually think the JSF would rather see another younger skater get the sport over both of them, and so wont be holding either up at Nationals.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12