View Poll Results: Who will be the third U.S. lady at the Olympics?

Voters
219. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alissa Czisny

21 9.59%
  • Rachael Flatt

5 2.28%
  • Christina Gao

104 47.49%
  • Courtney Hicks

12 5.48%
  • Mirai Nagasu

40 18.26%
  • Agnes Zawadzki

29 13.24%
  • Caroline Zhang

3 1.37%
  • Other (Please Specify)

5 2.28%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neptune View Post
    Does anyone even bother to live in the present anymore? I mean, it's just one day after the completion of Worlds, and folks are already voting on who's going to be the 3rd U.S. woman at the Olympics.
    The anxieties of our times. I am already nervous about the USA losing that third spot, and I want to plot who can get that spot back in 2015.

vCash
    Nagasu.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    The anxieties of our times. I am already nervous about the USA losing that third spot, and I want to plot who can get that spot back in 2015.
    Don't think like that yet! I think our top girls may go to Worlds and do quite well if Yuna, Mao etc. opt out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. If she manages to land a couple of jumps, she'll be on the team no matter what.

I think USFS order of preference is something like this:
    Czisny
    Zawadski
    [Insert 15-20 upstart teens]
    Kwan
    Cohen
    Kerrigan
    Nagasu
    Gao
    There is NO WAY Kwan is that low on the list. I think USFS would put her just above Czisny! Poor Nagasu and Gao.

vCash
    Emily Hughes, Caroline Zhang, and Bebe Liang are probably coming back now.

vCash
    what about Katy Taylor and Yebin Mok?

vCash
    Did Zhang retire?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post
    Don't think like that yet! I think our top girls may go to Worlds and do quite well if Yuna, Mao etc. opt out.
    I can't see Mao not being there to collect her crown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    what about Katy Taylor and Yebin Mok?
    Katy Taylor has no flexibility and can't do anything that would earn any points.

vCash
    If Mirai Nagasu skating to concentrate on if she is going to be representative of the third.

vCash
    I am fairly surprised Nagasu has as many votes as she does. I like her but I dont think the USFSA is on her side anymore. Zawadzki who has less votes is much more likely to make it. I even fear she might be more likely to make it than Gao. The last 2 Nationals she skated like garbage in the LP and still was placed 3rd. Next year 3rd place means the Olympics.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post

Nagasu- USFSA seemed to send a harsh message that they were done with her and she no longer has the Frank factor. She will have to have the skate of her life at nationals and give them no reason whatsoever to question her jumps.
    I still have some faith in Mirai but along with skating lights out at Nationals she will have to be very impressive in the GP series and possibly make the GPF. I think will know if the USFSA is even open to sending her to the Olympics if she gets two assignments on the GP.

Helping Mirai choose between Italian dressing and vinaigrette.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    She needs a triple-triple to stay ahead of the other Americans (apart from maybe Gold). Please. Almost none of the Americans have a solid triple-triple either and anyone who knocked Wagner and Gold off would have to do more than they do.
    The Olympic season is different and a shake up could happen. Ashley has not really been consistent the entire season. If Nick does retire I could see her just fading away. IMO Gold is the top American skater for next season.

vCash
    Wow I just noticed Czisny with the same amount of votes as Zawadzki. That surprises me even more than all the votes for Nagasu. I think some are voting with their hearts more than their head, but that is ok, lol! Wow and 4 votes for Rachael Flatt as well, oh my!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
    The Olympic season is different and a shake up could happen. Ashley has not really been consistent the entire season. If Nick does retire I could see her just fading away. IMO Gold is the top American skater for next season.
    I think which is the top American next year is a toss up and could go either way. For the moment they are really 1A and 1B. Both will be fighting hard to win Nationals so they get to do the Team Event at the Olympics which is the best chance for either to medal, not the invididual ladies event. I wonder if it is strictly Nationals or there are other factors that decide who gets to compete in that.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by judgejudy27 View Post
    I am fairly surprised Nagasu has as many votes as she does.
    Why? Based on U.S. ladies' discussions here, it's obvious that Nagasu has many fans and supporters on FSU, and these polls are mainly fan popularity contests, aren't they?
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Emily skated at a benefit event this season and didn't try a single jump. She already had her Olympic opportunity.

Flatt still suffers from tendonitis and back pain. She has said if she could skate without pain, she would, but if not, school is fine for her.

Czisny hasn't said anything about returning as yet. She'll be 26 in May and is recovering from a second hip surgery. She may have to scale back some of her hyperextended spin positions to avoid placing strain on that hip. Those spins were her key to high PCS scores. Without them, she would be a slow, cautious skater with mediocre jump content.
    Last edited by euterpe; 03-18-2013 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    If Gold holds it together in the SP and not completely bomb in the FS at Nationals, then she can pretty much pack her bags for Sochi.

Wagner however, is in an interesting position now. This is 2 competitions in a row where Gold beat her in the FS and even though Wagner placed higher both times, I believe they are equal now when it comes to clout. The thing with Wagner is- will she continue to play it safe just to make the team? Making the team is one thing but will she be satisfied with just that or does she really want to challenge for the Olympic podium? Everyone knows she needs a 3-3 and 2axel-3toe to have a shot at that.

I think the final spot is gonna come down to Gao, Nagasu, and Zawadzki. I am rooting for Gao personally. Nagasu had her shot and I just can't see Zawadzki making it.

Forget about Zhang, Czisny, and Flatt.

vCash
    Czisny would have no hope without her great spins, even if she landed all her jumps.

vCash
    If Gao skates like she did at Nationals the last 4 years they will have to reward her this time. The others are too unstable. If Zawadzki skates better than she did the last 2 years, not totally clean just better, they will give it to her though. So it depends on Agnes, and if she doesnt get her act together a bit more, it will be Gao for sure.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast