View Poll Results: Daisuke placed 6th at Worlds?? Why??

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • He's old, can't keep up with the young guns.

9 16.36%
  • Morozov!!! Dump him NOW.

31 56.36%
  • Exhaustion: too many shows, etc.

5 9.09%
  • Injury (old? new?)

2 3.64%
  • Loss of confidence

4 7.27%
  • Other

4 7.27%
    vCash

What Happened to Daisuke?

I couldn't find a Takahashi thread so here is a current one. Many considered him the real Worlds champ last year. This year after many ups and downs he is off the podium. Vote and discuss if you can do it through your tears.
    Last edited by Spun Silver; 03-16-2013 at 06:08 PM.

vCash
    Morosov's plan of getting the gold for Plushy in Sochi is working as planned. He now needs to convince Chan to ditch his dancer coach for him.

On Artur Gachinski's BANDWAGON (thanx l'etoile!)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    Morosov's plan of getting the gold for Plushy in Sochi is working as planned. He now needs to convince Chan to ditch his dancer coach for him.
    Plushenko doesn't need any help here. He is a three time Olympic medalist, and is attemtping a historic comeback. I am a raving mad Gachinski fan, and it's gonna KILL me if this guy stays healthy next season, because I know who will be going to Sochi. And it appears that they should just HAND Chan the Olympic medal and save us all the strife of next season, if Worlds this year was any indication. And to think the other skaters actually thought they had a chance...Chan won't have to ditch anything to win. He's already the judges' wet dream. Trouble is, I don't see why... Oh..I didn't realize that Morozov was Plushenko's coach..I could have sworn Plushenko trains with Alexei Mishin...funny that...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    I couldn't find a Takahashi thread so here is a current one. Many considered him the real Worlds champ last year. This year after many ups and downs he is off the podium. Vote and discuss if you can do it through your tears.
    Spun Silver, I feel your pain. As an Artur Gachinski fan, I am left to sit here and wonder WHAT happened to my beloved Artur. I may have a possible explaination. Losing Worlds last year when he KNEW he gave it everything HAD to be devastating, or at least demoralizing, for poor Dai. As losing Euros to a charging Plushenko in 2012 was for Gachinski. Both these men gave it their best-everything they had..and somehow, it just WASN'T enough. Then comes the realization that this sport is NOT fair, the judges STILL play bias with PCS, and that, perhaps they are both beating their heads against a collective brick wall. Plushenko was not propped, but how do you skate in the shadow of such a man and grow?? I mean, how do you defeat a legend? As long as Chan skates, I simply cannot see another man winning in Sochi...unless of course it IS Plushenko-and if Plushenko is there and Gachinski is sitting at home on his couch watching (or not), I PRAY to the skate Gods that Plushenko skates clean, does his quads, and takes home that Gold medal!! It almost seems as if this is what the powers that be want for Sochi-a show down between Chan and Plushenko- whether Chan deserves it or not. (If Plushenko is there, he will have earned it. Most judges are NOT his friends and just wish he would go away...

Poor Dai is probably demoralized, and believed that whatever he did this season didn't matter anyway, because they were gonna give Worlds to Chan anyway. And it didn't. And they did. (It should have been Ten's victory..) Gachinski has had some other issues (personal, physical) this last season, but I still hope he AND Dai can pull out of this and skate out of their skins next year.

vCash
    His programs suck since he went to Morozov. Er, back to Morozov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post
    Plushenko doesn't need any help here. He is a three time Olympic medalist, and is attemtping a historic comeback. I am a raving mad Gachinski fan, and it's gonna KILL me if this guy stays healthy next season, because I know who will be going to Sochi. And it appears that they should just HAND Chan the Olympic medal and save us all the strife of next season, if Worlds this year was any indication. And to think the other skaters actually thought they had a chance...Chan won't have to ditch anything to win. He's already the judges' wet dream. Trouble is, I don't see why... Oh..I didn't realize that Morozov was Plushenko's coach..I could have sworn Plushenko trains with Alexei Mishin...funny that...

Denis Ten was a quarter turn on a triple axel away from winning Worlds, and that was with a doubled lutz in the Free Skate.

Chan is the favorite right now to win the Olympics, but it wouldn't be a total shock if he finished off the podium.

Oh, and by the way, Chan has skating skills to die for. That's why the judges love him.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    morozov. its always morozov.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

Denis Ten was a quarter turn on a triple axel away from winning Worlds, and that was with a doubled lutz in the Free Skate.

Chan is the favorite right now to win the Olympics, but it wouldn't be a total shock if he finished off the podium.

Oh, and by the way, Chan has skating skills to die for. That's why the judges love him.
    Not a Chan uber but THANK YOU for being reasonable about Chan. Tired of hearing him torn to shreds, he does have skating skills to die for.

Now onto Daisuke, he doesn't have quality landings on many jumps which holds him back (not a new issue for him). Too many hooked, throwaway landings. Not to mention his patterns going into the jumps he missed this worlds were off, it was easy to see from the stands.

Poor landings and poor jump setups/patterns speaks to me as coaching issues. So I'd say ditch Morozov. If he gets a couple of these things worked out he can quickly gain momentum

vCash
    Chan's name is already engraved on the OGM in Sochi. About Plushy, I am very doubtful that he will be in physical shape to be competitive. Even if he was, Chan is the new darling of the judges. I am afraid that Daisuke has simply gotten old. I hope I am wrong on all counts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vagabond View Post

There is absolutely no way Chan would finish off the podium. Your last statement contradicts this. The judges absolutely love his skating skills and they will give him the medal regardless of how he jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Axel View Post

Poor Dai is probably demoralized, and believed that whatever he did this season didn't matter anyway, because they were gonna give Worlds to Chan anyway. And it didn't. And they did. (It should have been Ten's victory..) Gachinski has had some other issues (personal, physical) this last season, but I still hope he AND Dai can pull out of this and skate out of their skins next year.
    I won't be surprised if Dai is not the only one that is demoralized at this point.
    Reading between lines, Gachinski's problems may not have to do with Chan; it's something personal and confidential.

vCash

...and even funnier, there are people taking your post seriously.

vCash
    I dunno, Vash. Fernández and Takahashi have higher Season's Best Scores thus far this season, Denis Ten is 1.30 points behind him, and Hanyu is 3.49 points behind.

I wouldn't be shocked to see three of these other skaters on the podium in Sochi.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Personally, I think all of the pounding those knees have taken over the years have finally reached their breaking point. Combine that w/Morozov and...We get the Dai we saw this week. I hate to say it, but as much as leaving Morozov will help, it won't help out w/the knees.

I really, really, really hope I'm wrong here, but I have a bad feeling Dai's days of being on the podium very well could be over.

vCash
    Not a Dai fan. But judging from this thread, people think he's a goner... just like Abbot after one bad showing (which put in perspective is not bad because it is still top 10!). Give this kool hair dude a break.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    I won't be surprised if Dai is not the only one that is demoralized at this point.
    Reading between lines, Gachinski's problems may not have to do with Chan; it's something personal and confidential.
    I don't think Gachinski's problems have anything to do with Chan, Vash...and you're right about his issues (he has several right now). Some he does not wish to discuss, but others are hiding in plain sight, if you will. Hard to skate in shadow. You are VERY good at reading between the lines, and got what I was saying without me having to spell it for you.. I knew there was something about you I intrisically LIKED...

vCash
    His body.