Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLIVER View Post
    I find it staggering that a few are blasting Zhulin for his comments, he is totally entitled to his opinion and people who think he is wrong for voicing it are deluded.
    Sure he is entitled to his opinion, but when it contain bashing his past students, it sort of leave bad taste. He has no class whatsoever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Sure he is entitled to his opinion, but when it contain bashing his past students, it sort of leave bad taste. He has no class whatsoever!
    But when his past students left him, they bashed him left and right, ruining his reputation. I don't blame him for feeling hurt still and feeling like he has to defend himself from all the accusations his past students made against him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    But when his past students left him, they bashed him left and right, ruining his reputation. I don't blame him for feeling hurt still and feeling like he has to defend himself from all the accusations his past students made against him.
    They bashed each other. Zhulin was bashing them and they were bashing him. Now two years past, so he had plenty of time to calm down, and in my opinion, he is the professional, so he should have shown some professional behaviour. Unfortunately, he is lacking that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    They bashed each other. Zhulin was bashing them and they were bashing him. Now two years past, so he had plenty of time to calm down, and in my opinion, he is the professional, so he should have shown some professional behaviour. Unfortunately, he is lacking that.
    Did he bash them back then? I honestly don't remember. I remember him saying how unexpected their decision was for him. Anyway, I do agree that it would be better for him to stop commenting on I/K, but I don't blame him for not being able to move on just yet. I think all those Nikita's comments must have hurt him deeply.

vCash
    I know people didn't like "Ave Maria" either but I think that program actually had some interesting ideas in the way it was designed. The pattern over the ice, the way it was layed out - those things were a little unusual and interesting. The program was quite empty and unfinished but it could have been very good if it got more fleshed out. Which never happened.

"The Ghost" however is a total disaster. A generic, empty program with an amount of cross-overs to rival Plushenko and Joubert.

Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Not having a moral compass doesn't necessarily mean being a bad coach, but in this case the line that he crossed was dangerous for I/K, both personally and professionally.
    I think that regardless of Elena's age at the time, sleeping with your student is just not professional and is obviously going to have impact on the training process. I don't think that you can successfully mix those two kinds of very different relationships which play by different rules.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    You clearly have no taste if that's what you think.
    It was the program that they were skating when they fell behind k/a at a competition! it didn't work to get success for them so it was a disaster. Looking back on it with fondness is bizarre!

And they aret tumbling down the ranking. For their seasons with Morosov unitil worlds 2013 it was nothing bt more success and more medals. They weerent even as good as Hoffman/Zavozin when they were with zhulin!

Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Everyone in this thread seems to wish I/K well. People are only discussing what is not working for them. There's no need for you to get so defensive. If a team so insanely talented that they should be contending for gold in Sochi now looks totally out of contention for any medal - they are not even the Russian number ones - of course people realise something is not working.

As for the programs, the free dance is a humongous atrocity! At the Euros they skated it well and still I thought so. A couple should be helped by their program and not look good despite their program.

It's a miracle that Morozov didn't split this couple. A teenage team who were boyfriend-girlfriend were left under Morozov's care, they were even sent to the USA with him when Elena was just 17, without her family, and what did he do? Thank goodness Nikita didn't leave for another partner, because the situation must have been unbearable for him.

Not having a moral compass doesn't necessarily mean being a bad coach, but in this case the line that he crossed was dangerous for I/K, both personally and professionally.
    Elena is old enough to do what she wants. So whatever. I/k were going up the standingS under morozov until 2013 worlds.

No team but dw or vm was going to be gold contenders in Sochi.

Of course a team should not be doing well despite their programs- that's obvious. But the doing well part was very clear for I/k until 2013 worlds.

vCash
    I/K have the talent to be in V/M and D/W territory. Easily. If they trained hard enough and had the right programs, they could be gold medallists in Sochi. Obviously with the way things have been, there's no way it's going to happen.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I/K have the talent to be in V/M and D/W territory. Easily. If they trained hard enough and had the right programs, they could be gold medallists in Sochi. Obviously with the way things have been, there's no way it's going to happen.
    I thought it was interesting that in this interview Zhulin said he thought I&K would be challenging for second place (one of the few not to lump V&M and D&W together all the time). He seems to prefer V&M, so I wonder if he thought it was D&W that I&K could be beating. Sigh, they do have the talent to go all the way. The last two years have been a complete waste. Instead of going 7-5-3 they went 7-5-9 at Worlds.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I don't think there's any question that Zhulin expected I/K to challenge D/W. I can't think of a single interview from the Russian side that didn't consider D/W pretenders, and apart from speed and some technique, not in the same class as V/M. I used to chalk it up to thinking if they could break the V/M - D/W lockjam, in which a healthy and error-free V/M were always superior to D/W at their best, D/W would sink like the Shibs.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Certain things are good and bad. I/K leaving Zhulin seems to have saved him. Now bombing worlds might save I/K in the long run. In my opinion the best coach for I/K is Zueva. And that might just happen after Sochi.
    When I/K was with Zhulin they won junior worlds while placing second to M/K the whole season. I tend to agree that Zhulin wasn't the most devoted coach back then. I/K's track records barring this Worlds are better with M than with Z. I agree that Zhulin is still in love with I/K and will forever regret his past wrongdoings...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Certain things are good and bad. I/K leaving Zhulin seems to have saved him. Now bombing worlds might save I/K in the long run. In my opinion the best coach for I/K is Zueva. And that might just happen after Sochi.
    When I/K was with Zhulin they won junior worlds while placing second to M/K the whole season. I tend to agree that Zhulin wasn't the most devoted coach back then. I/K's track records barring this Worlds are better with M than with Z. I agree that Zhulin is still in love with I/K and will forever regret his past wrongdoings...
    Not Zoueva! Her students have boring programs! Either Spilband, or Krylova/Camerlengo. Spilband could probably happen already now, but to Krylova they could possible go only after Sochi if P-B retire because now they have two strong teams so it would get a bit crowded.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think she was close to Shpilband in the past, no?
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think she was close to Shpilband in the past, no?
    Ilinykh trained with Shpilband solo for a while.

vCash
    What about Platov? He doesn't have any top teams at the moment and his British couple is doing very well this season, he is also capable of interesting choreography. He could be a good coach for I/K.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    What about Platov? He doesn't have any top teams at the moment and his British couple is doing very well this season, he is also capable of interesting choreography. He could be a good coach for I/K.
    I think he'd be the best choice. Igor just has too many damn teams.

vCash
    I'd love them to go to Platov. He's done so much with C/B over the last couple of years & unlike with Morozov or Shpilband I/K wouldn't be battling with tons of other skaters for their coach's attention.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345