Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    Watching all the videos I can find on the free dance, I thought the CBC gang were very gracious in their comments, Tracy seemed particularly enthusiastic. Was nice to hear their comments. The post dance interview was very nice and the crowd applause was great. Admittedly they wanted VM to win but I think they appreciated what M&C put out there and they were warmly received when it was all said and done.

So happy for DW! Onward to Sochi!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Speaking of the post dance interview, it's sometimes hard to believe Meryl was the shy one. Charlie seems to be so bashful himself. Perhaps they come off as shy compared to V/M though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    The blogspot has the CBC coverage of the FD up for download.
    And for those that don't like to do downloads, here it is on youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLwFvvu6fE

vCash
    Catch this video of Meryl and Charlie from CBC. It starts at the 5:29 mark of C/L's FD. How adorable are they???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...PqMdQf8#t=329s

vCash
    In a parallel universe--do you think Davis and White won Worlds with Marina's Sinatra program?

vCash
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Not so nice, also by US figure skating, through their wholly owned subsidiary, Ice Network, per Lynn Rutherford & Amy Rosewater:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

D&W's win is only in 5th out of 8 highlights at 2013 Worlds

That's why it's a laugh when people suggest that USFSA would bother itself to politick for any of their ice dancers. They could not care less about any of them, and it has pretty much always been that way.

Here's all IN had to say:

.5. Meryl Davis and Charlie White: The U.S. ice dancers regained their spot on top of the world podium, capping an undefeated season in the process. The score for their Giselle short dance (77.12) set a world record. Making the victory even sweeter was that they beat their Canadian rivals, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, in their hometown.
    IN missed the fact that Meryl & Charlie also set a World record for total score (since the CD was dropped), with a score of 189.56:
    http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/phsdto.htm

Their free dance was within less than 0.5 points of the World Record score they posted at 4CC's this year
    http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/phsdfd.htm

You'd think that would rate better than fifth place in USFSA list of thrills at the World C hampionships.

You'd also think they wouldn't be wishing that V&M placed closer to D&W, their third place Lowlight:

Lowlights
    3. Virtue and Moir's short dance: Virtually everyone in the building wanted to see this team do well, and for ice dancing overall, it is best when both Davis and White and Virtue and Moir push each other with strong skates. But in the short dance, she botched a twizzle that proved to be costly. It would have been much more fun to see a good fight in the free dance.
    They also missed the fact that Scott has a minor slip in their midline not touching step sequence, losing the team a level, which further added to D&W's lead; the blame should not fall entirely on Tessa.

Compare that with their giddy celebration of Patrick Chan's SP, their first place thrill:

1. Patrick Chan's short program: Having struggled all season to regain his past form and competing with the added pressure of being the favorite in his home country of Canada, Chan performed absolutely exquisitely in his Rachmaninoff short program, racking up a deserved world-record score of 98.37 points. He said he felt a surge going through his body at the end of the program. So did everyone else in the Budweiser Gardens.
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 03-20-2013 at 12:06 AM.

vCash
    Meryl Davis & Charlie White- the HD version of the SD with British Eurosport coverage:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YbsfoCfUwY

vCash
    I'm scratching my head. The ubers on the V/M thread are talking about the US's 'aggressive PR strategy' that they believe was the reason why D/W won 2013 Worlds. Some are even claiming that the US paid off the judges. Where has anyone seen any aggressive PR campaign on D/W's behalf by anyone, least of all USFS, which hasn't placed much value on ice dancing? Wagner has gotten more PR play than anyone, and that didn't lead to a medal.

Of course from their point of view, it couldn't possibly have been skill and a great performance that made D/W World Champions. Denial is a powerful emotion.

vCash
    I'm scratching my head. The ubers on the V/M thread are talking about the US's 'aggressive PR strategy' that they believe was the reason why D/W won 2013 Worlds. Some are even claiming that the US paid off the judges. Where has anyone seen any aggressive PR campaign on D/W's behalf by anyone, least of all USFS, which hasn't placed much value on ice dancing? Wagner has gotten more PR play than anyone, and that didn't lead to a medal.
    It's a warped mindset, really. They can't be happy with the result. Only in the V/M fandom can a two twime world champion and olympic champion be considered victims of judging. It's sad when some fans feel the need to cut down other teams just to make their team look better, or buy into paranoia to make them feel better about a loss.I mean, V/M didn't lose anything, they won the silver medal with two great performances.I love D/W dearly, but I think I would have to step away if my uberness started leading me away from reality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    Catch this video of Meryl and Charlie from CBC. It starts at the 5:29 mark of C/L's FD. How adorable are they???
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...PqMdQf8#t=329s
    Very cute.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    I'm scratching my head. The ubers on the V/M thread are talking about the US's 'aggressive PR strategy' that they believe was the reason why D/W won 2013 Worlds. Some are even claiming that the US paid off the judges.
    Don't we wish they cared that much about Meryl and Charlie. I really can't explain how jealous I am of the support the SC dancers have. Kaitlyn and Andrew's story of recovery was a major headline and featured on TV. I can't really imagine the same being done on NBC for Meryl and Charlie. It's a huge shame, because I think D/W are really the most popular athletes in US figure skating right now (seemed that way when I was at Skate America!) but they're treated like a lucky afterthought.

vCash
    I actually think next season Weaver/Poje will be the focus of Skate Canada's ice dance PR, since W/P will be Canada's #1 after Sochi.

vCash
    These ubers can say whatever they want. The sky is the limit for them so why even bother reading such garbage. It doesn't mean anything knowing who it is coming from. More pages and pages of blah blah blah. Quantity over quality for sure.

I'm just thrilled I have two programs and an exhibition to watch on repeat until next season. This season flew by fast. I hope it slows down a bit next season. I do want to say, I am so glad that they didn't go with Sinatra.

vCash
    I do want to say, I am so glad that they didn't go with Sinatra.
    So am I. When I was watching the final flight of dancers, all I could think about was how out of place a Sinatra FD would have looked in that group. I normally love P/B, but their Rolling Stones FD ended up looking like an exhibition rather than a competitive FD, and I'm afraid that's what Sinatra would have looked like, as well. Perhaps they could use whatever Sinatra music they were going to use for a FD as their SD music next season?

vCash
    PLEASE---no Sinatra, not for the SD, not even for an exhibition. The thought of it sets my teeth on edge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Perhaps they could use whatever Sinatra music they were going to use for a FD as their SD music next season?
    Noooooooooooooooo, please no!!!! I just can't stand listening to Sinatra.
    And I had posted this one eons ago. Nothing from this either.

vCash
    OK, I take it back No Sinatra, ever!!

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Just watch. It'll be a Sinatra SD. With Sing Sing Sing thrown in just to make sure we all start crying.

I already want to know next season's music and we still have WTT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Just watch. It'll be a Sinatra SD. With Sing Sing Sing thrown in just to make sure we all start crying.

I already want to know next season's music and we still have WTT.
    Hopefully, they go with something very different like they did with Giselle this year. Most teams were announcing the usual polka rhythms. I remember we were still trying to figure out where it was hidden in the ballet and how in the world they were going to use it, when they first announced their music selection. In the end, it ended up being a Marina masterpiece.
    Last edited by mollymgr; 03-20-2013 at 12:28 AM.

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast