Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    The aspect ratio is squished but here is the medal ceremony (until a better copy appears):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ags8BLEwXY
    I want to know how to do "The squished aspect ratio." It will make these 10 extra pounds I have go away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Aww, I loved that little black dress if hers. And Charlie's black shirt with the sleeves up. I definitely vote for the old costumes for this ex, they were more elegant and sexy, thus suited the dance more for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    Aww, I loved that little black dress if hers. And Charlie's black shirt with the sleeves up. I definitely vote for the old costumes for this ex, they were more elegant and sexy, thus suited the dance more for me.
    I like the change up in colors. Charlie- especially- wears a lot of black. It's a default safe color for him. But this brown lightens things up a bit. I also love Meryl in the off-white chiffon dress. It's elegant, romantic, and light. It looks really nice with her dark hair. I think this kind of cream color looks really nice against her skin- makes her skin look even more snowy white.

One critique of mine would be I'd love her hair not in that bun on top of her head. It's a bit too formal for the song. Maybe with the front section of hair partially up and the rest down or in a braid might be nice too.

Regardless, it's so nice to see them relaxing and enjoying their exhibition.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    I think this kind of cream color looks really nice against her skin- makes her skin look even more snowy white.
    As a person of a snowy white skin myself, I've learned to leave cream colours for when I am tanned. Don't like it on me and unfortunately don't like it on Meryl either.

One critique of mine would be I'd love her hair not in that bun on top of her head. It's a bit too formal for the song. Maybe with the front section of hair partially up and the rest down or in a braid might be nice too.
    That's because that bun looked perfect with the old dress As a whole, they were a total package in those black costumes.

As for Charlie wearing a lot of black - the whole season long I was rooting for him to change the entirely black FD costume to sth more Quasimodo-like than just plain black. I would have loved to see some more color on him in the FD. But in the ex the black was the perfect choice.

vCash
    During the intermission in the exhibition, they showed the gold medal winners in each discipline. When they showed D/W's FD, one thing I noticed that was very disturbing was when they took the ice, a number of people got up from their seats and went out the exits. It wasn't just one or two, but 20-30. How incredibly rude!

At US Nationals, ushers would not allow people to enter or leave the arena while skaters were on the ice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post
    During the intermission in the exhibition, they showed the gold medal winners in each discipline. When they showed D/W's FD, one thing I noticed that was very disturbing was when they took the ice, a number of people got up from their seats and went out the exits. It wasn't just one or two, but 20-30. How incredibly rude!

At US Nationals, ushers would not allow people to enter or leave the arena while skaters were on the ice.
    As far as I can tell, the crowd was very good considering it wasn't home territory. I was expecting far worse. It helps that they skated both programs brilliantly. They got a very good standing ovation for their FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by euterpe View Post

Maybe they needed a bathroom break, after all it was the intermission.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    I love her black dress *but* I digg their retro vibe. Especially with names like Meryl and Charlie.

OOOooohhhh...they need to do a 1940's theme for their Olympics FD. Marina tell me you see what I see

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Maybe they needed a bathroom break, after all it was the intermission.
    I think euterpe meant that people left as D/W were about to skate their FD in the actual comp, not when it was replayed.

Thanks for the link to the gala!

vCash
    Yeah...I can't assume they meant any offense. Intermission is when you use the restroom. The World's gala is long.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie S View Post
    I think euterpe meant that people left as D/W were about to skate their FD in the actual comp, not when it was replayed.

Thanks for the link to the gala!
    Well then, maybe they just needed a bathroom break

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    I'd love to see her do an ex with her hair completely down. If it's possible not to completely blind Charlie. I think I've seen them practice with her hair down. Also I wonder if Charlie might think about not cutting his hair for the summer...he needs super hair for the Olympics...that's my rationale.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I just had Kraft cheese and zinfandel in juicebox form: my D/W victory dinner. Eat it, PJ!

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I just had Kraft cheese and zinfandel in juicebox form: my D/W victory dinner. Eat it, PJ!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    "Fade Into You" is absolutely gorgeous live. All deep edges, strong lines and such fluidity. That spiral covers so much ice, when they change edge.

vCash
    BourneKraatzfan, my inbox is open now! Sorry about that.

vCash
    Did you guys notice that in exhibitions, as viewed on line, black outfits are difficult to see? In London, Daisuke's Tango was impossible (he's dressed in black) because of the inadequate lighting? I'm glad Meryl & Charlie changed outfits, because otherwise, I'd never have been able to see them skate!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    "Fade Into You" is absolutely gorgeous live. All deep edges, strong lines and such fluidity. That spiral covers so much ice, when they change edge.
    I love the new exhibition. I love the costumes too. I think they were due for a change and it does look better under the gala lighting.

vCash
    Can anybody help me with the music from their short dance?
    I know it is from Giselle ballet, but does anybody know from which part or any additional information would be much appreciated.

I am so happy for their performances in fake London

vCash
    Act I of Giselle-But I have the spots bookmarked somewhere-I'll copy them in here later.
    Different themes repeat from time to time, but these are my best guesses.

Opening bits
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...1a87YV78#t=81s
    Circular step
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...XAYo3aEM#t=51s
    The toe dancing bit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6msXA...ailpage#t=165s
    Polka part
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...a87YV78#t=394s
    Last bit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...a87YV78#t=525s
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 03-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast