Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think my favorite may be Ashley's blurb; they call her Miss Consistent, then go on to talk about how she missed the team in 2010, and dropped in the rankings at worlds.

Maybe we should just be happy they're getting any attention at all. I still have a bad feeling that, regardless if they win gold or not, the only thing that NBC will focus on will be wherever Ashley and Gracie place, and whatever Evan does.

“It is far more important to have a good judge than a possible conflict of interest." - Ottavio Cinquanta
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    I think my favorite may be Ashley's blurb; they call her Miss Consistent, then go on to talk about how she missed the team in 2010, and dropped in the rankings at worlds.
    Strange how her two nationals wins were not the opening sentence but buried near the end. The blurbs seem to be written by someone who is ESL.

vCash
    It looks like someone went in and corrected most of the mistakes. That was embarrassingly bad.

vCash
    deleted

vCash
    What if there were actually points awarded for lifts/spins that are brand new every season? Let's talk about this realistically.
    The ISU did have a rule specifically addressing and rewarding a new and innovative move, but it applied across all disciplines and I don't know if it is there anymore. I think they were hoping for a radically new spin position or jump takeoff (although with only 2 feet, I don't know if there are any more available to invent). IIRC the rule called for teh skaters using it first to get a couple bonus points for the program that season. I don't know if anyone ever got any points under this rule.

vCash
    ^^^ Adam Rippon's 3Lz with both arms clasped overhead never received the bonus the first time he performed it in competition at 2009 TEB.

Relevant quote from the Quebec Summer Championships recap article published today on IceNetwork:
    Zoueva reports Virtue and Moir's training partners Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- who defeated the Canadians three times last season, including at the 2013 World Figure Skating Championships -- are similarly well prepared. The reigning U.S. and world champions will debut their new programs at the U.S. Figure Skating International Classic in Salt Lake City in September.

"I think, really, I picked the best music of their careers for both teams," Zoueva said. "I picked the music and styles that will show what each of them does best."
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ Adam Rippon's 3Lz with both arms clasped overhead never received the bonus the first time he performed it in competition at 2009 TEB.

Relevant quote from the Quebec Summer Championships recap article published today on IceNetwork:
    Looking forward to it I hope they enjoy every moment of this season and attack each competition.
    "Eve was not taken out of Adam's head to top him, neither out of his feet to be trampled by him, but out of his side to be equal with him, under his arm to be protected by him, and near his heart to be loved by him."

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    "I think, really, I picked the best music of their careers for both teams," Zoueva said. "I picked the music and styles that will show what each of them does best."
    Oh, that humble Marina. Hope she comes through! M&C did rather well with their choice of Notre Dame last season.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Oh, that humble Marina. Hope she comes through! M&C did rather well with their choice of Notre Dame last season.
    I know, but I guess she can brag...the few times V/M have taken more control if their music haven't been stellar IMO.
    Now if she could just get it right for the Shibs.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Amen to that.

I can't wait until September.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I know, but I guess she can brag...the few times V/M have taken more control if their music haven't been stellar IMO.
    I agree. As insane as she is (curtains and headphones , no one ever leaks anything out of Canton anyway, why is that necessary?), Marina has a magic touch when she picks the music and does the choreography. It is odd how Marina's magic hasn't been working on the Shibs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I agree. As insane as she is (curtains and headphones , no one ever leaks anything out of Canton anyway, why is that necessary?), Marina has a magic touch when she picks the music and does the choreography. It is odd how Marina's magic hasn't been working on the Shibs.
    Let's remember she worked the music and the dance for the Shibs and gave them a world medal on their first outing. That's a tough act to follow. Even for Marina.

vCash
    I dreamed last night that Meryl's costume for one of the (unspecified) programs was jeans, a black t-shirt and a beautifully tailored burgundy velvet coat. She looked amazing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    The Shibs needed to go to Igor after he left Canton. Look at how he improved Chock and Bates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    I dreamed last night that Meryl's costume for one of the (unspecified) programs was jeans, a black t-shirt and a beautifully tailored burgundy velvet coat. She looked amazing.
    I'm jealous of your dreams, because whenever I dream of them they're always wearing something weird and their programs even weirder.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    Ummm, if you include that she's now changed partners to skate with Yu-na, you might have been dipping into my dreams.

vCash
    Ummm, if you include that she's now changed partners to skate with Yu-na, you might have been dipping into my dreams.
    You guys are having some crazy dreams!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    They have had a set of great music choices throughout their entire senior career. Eleanor Rigby, Samson&Dalilah, Die Fledermaus, Notre Dame, Giselle, that Bollywood music. I cannot wait to see what could be that "best music of their career".

vCash
    Meryl and Charlie paid a visit to the Kelloggs's factory in Michigan
    https://twitter.com/CharlieaWhite/st...126848/photo/1

Only Meryl could make a neon yellow vest look stylish

vCash
    Meryl is so unfair.

Also I want a box of anything Kellogg's with them on it now please.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast