Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I had the most horrific nightmare about Meryl and Charlie's SD. It was set to country music (in this dream world, apparently this was an alternate music choice and we'd all forgotten), Charlie wore a ten gallon hat, Meryl wore an acid green dress, and their twizzles were so terrible that at Skate America they scored 40 points overall. Everyone was so depressed about the program that we tried to help them fix their music and Meryl suggested Cotton-Eyed Joe.

When I woke up my relief was unbelievable.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I had the most horrific nightmare about Meryl and Charlie's SD. It was set to country music (in this dream world, apparently this was an alternate music choice and we'd all forgotten), Charlie wore a ten gallon hat, Meryl wore an acid green dress, and their twizzles were so terrible that at Skate America they scored 40 points overall. Everyone was so depressed about the program that we tried to help them fix their music and Meryl suggested Cotton-Eyed Joe.

When I woke up my relief was unbelievable.
    Between the acid green dress and country SD, didn't Orford/Williams (D/W's doppelgangers) have something like that?

I mean it in good fun, O/W remind me of D/W not only in looks and style, but there's something similarly workmanlike about them, which I appreciate.

That is one horrific nightmare.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Between the acid green dress and country SD, didn't Orford/Williams (D/W's doppelgangers) have something like that?
    Oh god I bet that's exactly where the nightmare came from.

Bless O/W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post

I mean it in good fun, O/W remind me of D/W not only in looks and style, but there's something similarly workmanlike about them, which I appreciate.
    and costumes too! Not bad that they want to mirror greatness

vCash
    So I went to an outdoor jazz thing last night, and there was a Sinatra tribute section. For the first time, I thought that perhaps a Sinatra free dance could have worked. Fly Me to the Moon can be a pretty gorgeous song with the right arrangement, and I think they could have made it a fun, romantic program.

vCash
    I'm sure they would have made smart decisions about Sinatra and the music choices. Their Eleanor Rigby program had the most beautiful covers. It didn't feel like a traditional Beatles program.

vCash
    There were some updates to Meryl & Charlie's IN bio
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=38007&mode=P

Meryl & her mom are listed as this year's costume designers for the team.

And a factoid:

Four-time reigning Grand Prix Final champions (2009-12); just the second ice dancing team, and the first Americans, to defend their Grand Prix Final title and the only ice dancing team to win the title four times

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    There were some updates to Meryl & Charlie's IN bio
    http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=38007&mode=P

Meryl & her mom are listed as this year's costume designers for the team.
    Interesting change! Hasn't she used the same team of costume makers/designers for most of her competitive career?

I trust Meryl's fabulous taste.

vCash
    I believe she has.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    I believe Meryl and her mom have always designed most of hers and Charlie's costumes, and they work with the seamstress on their ideas.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    I believe Meryl and her mom have always designed most of hers and Charlie's costumes, and they work with the seamstress on their ideas.
    You're half right.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carolina View Post
    You're half right.
    Oops, that's right, I don't think they've designed Charlie's costumes. And Charlie's mom has also been involved in designing Meryl's dresses.

vCash
    Just received my copy of the USOC 2014 calendar-Meryl & Charlie are on February 2014

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...D3%3B320%3B242

The picture is the full size version on this pose superimposed on a non color close up photo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Four-time reigning Grand Prix Final champions (2009-12); just the second ice dancing team, and the first Americans, to defend their Grand Prix Final title and the only ice dancing team to win the title four times
    If I'm not wrong, they are also the only figure skaters in ANY discipline to win 4 consecutive GPF titles. IMHO their GP successes should get more recognition, as should their two undefeated seasons. Their dominance in certain areas is truly impressive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mia joy View Post
    If I'm not wrong, they are also the only figure skaters in ANY discipline to win 4 consecutive GPF titles. IMHO their GP successes should get more recognition, as should their two undefeated seasons. Their dominance in certain areas is truly impressive.
    I agree! 4 time GPF champions, 2 time World Champions (the first American team to ever win the World Title). It would be awesome if they made history again and won the Olympic Gold Medal. They have the skills, the talent and the hunger. Honestly, what has made me relax was watching them put in that stunning performance at Worlds right after V/M laid down a fabulous performance themselves. Davis and White weren't unnerved at all. They just went out and skated fearlessly. They know they have one title they haven't won yet so they're still in full Hunter mode and judging by all the little tidbits of information with choreographers, you can tell they're going all out this season. I can't wait!!

vCash
    Michelle Kwan is going to be a television analyst for Fox for the Olympics.
    There is a sentence in the article that states Interviews with world champion ice dancers Meryl Davis and Charlie White also are in the works.

vCash
    Hooray for Michelle! Great choice of guests

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Looks like the wait for program music news will continue a while longer :
    "Meryl and Charlie's short dance will be quick, designed to show flow and speed," Zoueva said. "The difference is day and night. The couples are super different."

Zoueva prefers to keep Davis and White's music selections private until after U.S. Figure Skating Champs Camp, Aug. 19-25 in Colorado Springs, Colo.
    Source is article about V/M's music selections: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Provided we don't already know their FD music, I suppose. But I can totally see why they'd want to keep it under wraps until champs camp. They aren't the only dance team to have been told to ditch a program by USFSA. Sometimes I wish we could see all the programs USFSA didn't like to see if we agree.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Choreography and music for Virtue and Moir -- and that of their training partners and rivals, U.S. world champions Meryl Davis and Charlie White -- has been kept top secret. In Canton's Arctic Edge Arena, curtains were installed in front of the rink's windows, so onlookers in the lobby could not watch practices. At times, skaters wore Bluetooth wireless headphones.
    If anyone wasn't convinced before that Marina is certifiably insane.....

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast