Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 861 to 880 of 1002
  1. #861

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    I think they're more likely to wait and see if the programs are approved at Champs Camp to make an official announcement, but who knows.

  2. #862

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Pandora's Box
    Posts
    1,293
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    856
    How about some fun music speculation. I was looking at the photo Derek Hough posted of Meryl/Davis (this one)

    And it reminded me of a position during Meryl and Charlie's 2011 Free dance. It got me thinking "hmmm..maybe a latin quickstep sd?" That would be kind of out of the box. Against just mindless fun speculation

  3. #863
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Mindless fun speculation is always fun! It looks ballroom-y to me (which isn't much of a stretch since that's what the quickstep is ). Like happy, Fledermaus-y, Astaire-y something or other. Mostly because of Meryl's crisp pose and smile.

  4. #864
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,007
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Chris Jansing, from the MSNBC morning show Jansing and Co, is in Michigan interviewing Meryl and Charlie

    http://twitter.yfrog.com/oc2jbfyaj?sa=0

  5. #865

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    Charlie has had his summer haircut!

  6. #866

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,152
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668

  7. #867

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    That's great! So we'll definitely get to see their programs then

  8. #868

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,079
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    585
    That's awesome! Think icenetwork will be showing it?
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

  9. #869

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    I believe so. They did last year. Live, I think. The article also says so.

  10. #870
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Awesome!

  11. #871
    U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Shamelessly fangirling
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,775
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5115
    Anyone else planning on going? It's an awesome place to see the skaters because the atmosphere is so laid-back. And the tickets last year were only $5 a day!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

  12. #872

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    151
    How long is the comp after Champs Camp? They're both in SLC right?
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

  13. #873

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,691
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    How long is the comp after Champs Camp? They're both in SLC right?
    Tentatively scheduled for Aug. 19-25 in Colorado Springs.
    http://www.usfsa.org/Athletes.asp?id=428

  14. #874
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    It's getting closer and it's starting to look like we won't have a definite on the music choices until Champs Camp. More time to speculate.

  15. #875
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    Posts
    567
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm going to be moving across the country during Champs Camp so I will be glued to my phone awaiting music announcements the entire drive.

  16. #876
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I have a question about the team event: Is it true that 2 dance teams will skate for either SD or FD? and if so, how does the decision play out when there are 3 dance spots?

  17. #877

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Eagerly awaiting the Olympics!
    Age
    25
    Posts
    18,542
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    10229
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiazumi View Post
    I have a question about the team event: Is it true that 2 dance teams will skate for either SD or FD? and if so, how does the decision play out when there are 3 dance spots?
    In the team event, each team has the option of substituting out competitors between the short and long in two of the four disciplines but they are not required to. I would guess that the US is not all that likely to sub in Dance considering that there is a large gap between Meryl and Charlie's potential placement and any other US team's potential placement. In general, I would think it would be based on strategy. If you have one skater who consistently outscores the other two in the SP but not in the FS, you might switch (so the US might have switched between Johnny Weir for the SP and Evan Lysacek for the LP back in 2006) or, if you have two skaters who are likely to score the same, you might switch them out so they both have a shot at a medal or to give them a rest. You might still switch someone out to give them a rest but, if the difference is between 1st and 4th or 5th as it could be with US Dance, it would probably kill your chance at a medal.

  18. #878
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0

  19. #879
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Chipocalypse, Chicago
    Posts
    614
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    In the team event, each team has the option of substituting out competitors between the short and long in two of the four disciplines but they are not required to. I would guess that the US is not all that likely to sub in Dance considering that there is a large gap between Meryl and Charlie's potential placement and any other US team's potential placement. In general, I would think it would be based on strategy. If you have one skater who consistently outscores the other two in the SP but not in the FS, you might switch (so the US might have switched between Johnny Weir for the SP and Evan Lysacek for the LP back in 2006) or, if you have two skaters who are likely to score the same, you might switch them out so they both have a shot at a medal or to give them a rest. You might still switch someone out to give them a rest but, if the difference is between 1st and 4th or 5th as it could be with US Dance, it would probably kill your chance at a medal.
    Thanks for clearing it up, I somewhat understand now. That would be a dumb decision if US put a sub in dance. I'm actually liking this new competition so far. I know a lot of people are complaining that having it before the actual competition may do more harm than good (and I agree), but more medals to more skaters=Win in my book.

  20. #880
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,421
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    In the team event, each team has the option of substituting out competitors between the short and long in two of the four disciplines but they are not required to.
    This rule might be there to deal with the possibility of an injuries.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •