vCash
    That's an awesome pic!

vCash
    Roommate reunion…looks like instagram video is already a hit
    http://instagram.com/p/a7CTKKS7qf/
    http://instagram.com/p/a7C0qUsT55/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobelle View Post
    If this is their choice I wonder if it is something they have had chosen for awhile.
    I think it is a tribute to Blumberg and Seibert, who got screwed out of a bronze medal in 1984 for this music choice.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcmLc_XSp7Y

(By screwed I refer to the judges who admitted marking them down for a music violation even though the ISU had already ruled it was OK and instructed the panel there was no violation. Golly, is it too late to get up a petition to the ISU? )

Kidding aside, I confess I am not overly enamored of this music.
    Last edited by Susan M; 06-24-2013 at 05:26 AM.

vCash
    Gosh, I think both Davis and White and V/M are amazingly creative. I find their programs to be innovative and in groundbreaking. I think the constraints are quite rigid..........but both teams seem to push up against those constraints.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Roommate reunion…looks like instagram video is already a hit
    http://instagram.com/p/a7CTKKS7qf/
    http://instagram.com/p/a7C0qUsT55/
    I never realized how short Charlie is. I knew Meryl was tiny compared to the others, but Charlie surprised me! I guess the cameramen/tv does a great job at confusing people.

vCash
    It's not so much that Charlie is short, that it is Evan is tall. He's 6'2" which actually makes him taller than the pair skater he's standing next to. Alex is getting pretty tall too. Ice Network has him at 6 foot. Charlie is average, he's just standing next to atypically tall ice dancers and a pairs skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Skatefan View Post
    ^This. Both these teams do amazing things while still following the established boundaries.
    I think these two teams and everybody else will have to be more creative this season with the SD. It seems to me the Finnstep along with Foxtrot, etc is going to produce a lot of dances that look a lot alike. When you put that together with the short amount of time they have to dance something with interesting choreography outside the compulsory section...I just hope we don't see one Fred and Ginger after another. I can hardly wait to hear Meryl and Charlie's music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by littleponyjoe View Post
    II just hope we don't see one Fred and Ginger after another. I can hardly wait to hear Meryl and Charlie's music.
    I'm hoping for at least One I'm a Dancing Fool

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    I think almost anything (I hope I don't have to eat my words) will be better than 9000 hyperactive Tennessee Waltz mash-ups. Did no one listen to the lyrics of that song?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I think almost anything (I hope I don't have to eat my words) will be better than 9000 hyperactive Tennessee Waltz mash-ups. Did no one listen to the lyrics of that song?
    well it's country after all, and the melody is lovely. I look forward to all the sd music choices soon to come.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post

vCash
    Aside from boring us all to death the only couples, competing now, I think are even smooth enough to pull off a good Fred and Ginger are the Shibs and Virtue/Moir...so let's just hope everyone else makes better life choices.

vCash
    Has anyone seen the latest USOC piece on Ashley Wagner? They're promoting her as "The next great American figure skater". I guess the US doesn't have any great figure skaters now. I'm starting to get this feeling that as long as Ashley doesn't finish last in Sochi, her placement will be all they will talk about, regardless of D/W's medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Has anyone seen the latest USOC piece on Ashley Wagner? They're promoting her as "The next great American figure skater". I guess the US doesn't have any great figure skaters now. I'm starting to get this feeling that as long as Ashley doesn't finish last in Sochi, her placement will be all they will talk about, regardless of D/W's medal.
    No offense to Ashely, but why does the USFSA have to be like that? Dance may not have been as popular in the past in the US, but with the more athletic style and so much (floor) dance on television this really is an opportune moment to bring it to the spotlight. It's their fault they aren't making the most of it. They have everything they need. We're stacked in dance. We have a nice future post Davis/White, more so than any other discipline at the moment, so no matter what they decide after the Olympics it would be smart to use their resources to advertise dance. Idiots...all of them.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I know. Meryl and Charlie are the most successful US ice dance team in the entire history of the sport. They already will go down as legends of the sport, because of their accomplishments and the truly legendary rivalry with V/M. But even all the advertising about Skate America, in D/W's hometown for pete's sake, is all about the men and ladies.

Which is why the idea that USFSA is politicking in favor of D/W is totally . They don't give a damn.

vCash
    "The next great American figure skater".
    IMO the next great American singles skater is somebody we have not even seen yet at senior internationals. (I am not thinking of anyone in particular, just that of the skaters I have seen on TV, none of them looks to have "it".) Ashley is a nice skater but I honestly will be a little surprised if she even medals.

I also shake my head (and have been for years) at the folks in charge of promoting skating here (whether USFS, USOC or broadcasters) for assuming that ladies singles is the one and only skating discipline that can make people get interested in an event or produce superstars. That said, I'm not sure we will ever see another OGM reach the level of celebrity attained by Peggy F, Dorothy H, and Brian B. Lysacek's OGM opened doors for him, but his celebrity was probably built more from DWTS than from the Olympics themselves. Neither Hughes nor Lipinski became real big name celebrities. Kristi has, much more so, but again partly with some help from DWTS.

But I agree that dance has become perhaps the most entertaining discipline to watch these days, and the D&W would have the best odds among the US skaters of coming out of these games with some promotional clout based on their skating.

vCash
    It ticks me off that Meryl and Charlie are not more front and center. They are the reigning Olympic Silver medalists and 2 time World champs. And yet the singles skaters are getting the hype. Ice Dance just gets no respect. GRRRR. But it isn't just by the USOC and USFS. It happens here on FSU. There are threads devoted to US Pairs news and US ladies and US men. Sylvia started a thread for US Ice Dance and it has 3 posts. Does no one care? Or is it being discussed elsewhere?

vCash
    :

US dance is mostly discussed here.
    Unfortunately, there are not all that many summer dance competitions.

LPIDC is still quite a way away.

vCash
    Cute picture from Meryl's twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Meryl_Dav...778562/photo/1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    SO CUTE!!

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast