Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

vCash
    Is anyone planning to go to the DSC show? According to the thread in GSD, Meryl & Charlie will be skating on one of the two days. Nathalie & Fabian will be skating too, as will Hubbell & Donahue.

vCash
    There are 2 shows on Saturday (5 total over 4 days) and it's not yet known in which show they might appear - link to the Detroit SC shows thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-Show-June-6-9

Meryl has written a new blog (May 6): http://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Wint...ff-Season.aspx
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    ISU competition shedule for 2013-2014
    http://fsnews.ru/page-id-1944.html

U.S. International Figure Skating Classic - September 11 - 15, 2013. Salt Lake City, Utah

vCash
    Charlie White ‏@CharlieaWhite

Here's a mash-up I think you'll enjoy... I edited it, with direction from the creative mastermind @TanithJLB -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWsK...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Charlie White ‏@CharlieaWhite

Here's a mash-up I think you'll enjoy... I edited it, with direction from the creative mastermind @TanithJLB -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDWsK...ature=youtu.be

vCash
    Eric Luna ‏@EricLunaDance

Just finished coaching U.S. Ice dancing team Charlie White and Meryl Davis.Hoping they bring home the gold in the 2014 Olympics! GOOD LUCK!!

I'm not sure if this is significant or not, but his twitter profile says he is
    a world cabaret champion.

vCash
    Hmm, interesting. Perhaps they're doing a cabaret theme in one of their programs?

vCash
    I was curious, so I did a little research on him and found this website:

http://www.ericandgeorgia.com/

If you look under the "about" section he talks about tricks and lifts so I'm wondering
    if that's what they might be working on. The pictures on the front
    page are interesting.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle24 View Post
    I was curious, so I did a little research on him and found this website:

http://www.ericandgeorgia.com/

If you look under the "about" section he talks about tricks and lifts so I'm wondering
    if that's what they might be working on. The pictures on the front
    page are interesting.
    I was watching some of his programs with his partner and it made me wish they'd relax the rules on over the head lifts in dance. It's not that I want dance to become pairs or anything, but if they're going to have so many requirements for achieving high level lifts, they mind as well open up the creative possibilities for types of lifts. If teams likes V/M want to do acrobatic lifts or if teams like C/B and D/W wanted to incorporate over the head lift positions it would bring more variety. None of the lifts Eric did looked like standard pairs lifts. Incorporated the other positions it looked very ice dance.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    The lifts on his site are so brilliant.

I want to know their programs nowwwwwww. And yet I don't. And yet I do.

vCash
    Their About explains exactly why ice dancers should train with them:

So one of the big questions we get is why should I train with a couple know for their lift work and dancing in the Cabaret division of ballroom? Simple...what we know applies to all the styles of dance. Any time a woman is no longer on her own balance or own two feet, she is performing a "trick" and all tricks use the same basic principles. The height of the trick doesn't change the basic "math" of the movement. Whether you are a beginner, teacher or seasoned competitor there is a technique to tricks and lifts that is necessary for safe and visually appealing execution.

Also our division revolves around the ability to tell a story. Sometimes that story is deep and emotional, sometimes the story and characters created are just plain fun! We teach story telling from "the thought first" principle. Want to know how to do that and express your spirit more completely in the dancing? Then schedule a session with us.

We feel you will be very pleasantly surprised how we can help you layer your dancing and bring in the "extra edge". We would love the opportunity to help you grow into the dancer you know you can and want to be!
    I can't wait to see their new programs!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    That wasgood job I wasn't drinking anything !
    Last edited by nuge; 05-10-2013 at 06:18 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    The lifts on his site are so brilliant.

I want to know their programs nowwwwwww. And yet I don't. And yet I do.
    Those videos are amazing!! The lifts and other choreography match the intensity of the music perfectly. Beautiful!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Hmm, interesting. Perhaps they're doing a cabaret theme in one of their programs?
    maybe music from the musical Chicago?

With news of all these choreographers, I am getting more and more excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post
    maybe music from the musical Chicago?

With news of all these choreographers, I am getting more and more excited.
    I don't tend to think that cabaret is being used so literally; but more as a style of ballroom. But I guess we'll all have to hold our collective breaths over the hiatus and just wait.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Watching their videos, I saw one lift where she stood on his shoulders at one point. Would something like that be physically possible, let alone legal, on ice?

My first thought is blades balancing on shoulders would hurt way more than blades on the thigh and it may not work when in motion, as opposed to standing still. And how to get the lady up there without the dude putting his arms above his shoulders. But it would be such an exciting lift, to have Meryl so high above the ground, the audience would go nuts!

Another lift legality question: can you hold the lady up in a lift, let go, and then catch them at the last minute? I feel like this would get a huge gasp and then crazy applause out of the audience too.

I feel like I'm endangering Meryl's life suggesting such things.

vCash
    Would something like that be physically possible, let alone legal, on ice?
    It may be possible, but I don't think it's legal. After the last olympics, the ISU issued new guidelines for lifts and one of them banned lifts involving a partner standing or sitting on their partner's shoulders and sitting and standing on their partner's head. The last part made me laugh because while I've seen some crazy ice dance lifts, I've never seen anyone stand on their partner's head.

vCash
    I wondered all year why V&M's amazing rotational lift, which had Tessa sitting on Scott's shoulders , but facing him, in the middle of it, was legal. Does anyone know why it was judged legal?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I wondered all year why V&M's amazing rotational lift, which had Tessa sitting on Scott's shoulders , but facing him, in the middle of it, was legal. Does anyone know why it was judged legal?
    im not sure about legal lift requirements now in icedance, i thought it was all about no overhead lifts (lifting partner's arms lifting other partner overhead), but i dont know what is illegal about that lift. she was sitting on scott's shoulders, not being lifted overhead. or are you saying that a partner's face being on his partner's crotch during a lift is illegal?

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    im not sure about legal lift requirements now in icedance, i thought it was all about no overhead lifts (lifting partner's arms lifting other partner overhead), but i dont know what is illegal about that lift. she was sitting on scott's shoulders, not being lifted overhead. or are you saying that a partner's face being on his partner's crotch during a lift is illegal?
    Whitneyskates stated above that it's illegal to sit on a partner's shoulders during lifts.

Page 31 of 51 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast