Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Amazing. It is contemplative. I hope their Olympic Free Dance is contemplative but yet explosive.

vCash
    Love the pic but I wish Tanith could have given us a practice clip instead, even a 5-10 second clip would suffice. The off season is just way too long...

Also Matt Blackmer tweeted this:

Collaborating with @CharlieaWhite @Meryl_Davis and @TanithJLB. Best day ever.

vCash
    Sappenfield is listed as their choreographer on their bio. Do you suppose Tanith is doing their step sequences for this year & Meryl & Charlie are doing a demo for her-after all, Meryl & Charlie do some of the best not touching sequences ever, IMO.

vCash
    http://www.theskatinglesson.com/sand...erview-part-4/

Sandra Bezic discusses the dance event at Worlds at about the 11 minute & 30 second mark. It's a lovely tribute to both V&M and D&W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyskater View Post
    Amazing. It is contemplative. I hope their Olympic Free Dance is contemplative but yet explosive.
    i dont know what's amazing or contemplative about the photo...

oops if you were commenting on that black and white photo posted earlier, then i would agree it's amazing and contemplative. but if it's that twitter pic from tanith, i really dont know what's amazing and contemplative about it.
    Last edited by zilam98; 04-27-2013 at 11:40 PM.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Still to be confirmed - Meryl & Charlie may be skating in one or both of the Detroit Skating Club's shows on Saturday, June 8: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-Show-June-6-9
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Still to be confirmed - Meryl & Charlie may be skating in one or both of the Detroit Skating Club's shows on Saturday, June 8: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...-Show-June-6-9
    It is always amazing to see how DSC always has such big names.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    i dont know what's amazing or contemplative about the photo...

oops if you were commenting on that black and white photo posted earlier, then i would agree it's amazing and contemplative. but if it's that twitter pic from tanith, i really dont know what's amazing and contemplative about it.
    I hope there will be videos

vCash
    According to their tweets, Meryl and Tanith, along with Brooke Castile, aer going on vacation together. Have fun ladies

vCash
    So glad Meryl is going to get a rest.

vCash
    BTW, Prancer recently posted in the V&M thread as follows:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3911508

FSU has rules, mods, and an ignore feature. The mods don't read the uber threads.

Here's a link to the rules:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/anno....php?f=14&a=37

I think it would be more likely to produce positive change to report someone that is posting in a foul way than to complain about it here on the D&W thread. All complaining does is escalate tension, and get fans of both V&M and D&W laughed at in other threads.

Since the mods don't read the uber threads, those that do read them have to be self-policing and report any egregiously out of line stuff if they want anything to change.

I know this is pompous of me to talk about, but I figured I'll try to do my bit to make things a bit more civil between ice dance fans.

: Yeah I'm crazy; I know it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    BTW, Prancer recently posted in the V&M thread as follows:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post3911508

FSU has rules, mods, and an ignore feature. The mods don't read the uber threads.

Here's a link to the rules:
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/anno....php?f=14&a=37

I think it would be more likely to produce positive change to report someone that is posting in a foul way than to complain about it here on the D&W thread. All complaining does is escalate tension, and get fans of both V&M and D&W laughed at in other threads.

Since the mods don't read the uber threads, those that do read them have to be self-policing and report any egregiously out of line stuff if they want anything to change.

I know this is pompous of me to talk about, but I figured I'll try to do my bit to make things a bit more civil between ice dance fans.

: Yeah I'm crazy; I know it.
    haha Doris… I think you are one of the few sane and civil ones around here. It is a Catch 22 with the reporting. If someone is on my ignore list, it is hard to report a post since I would be less likely to read their nonsense. That said, I do report it if I find something particularly offensive. All the rest of the stuff, I really don't bother with. I have no interest in reading the V/M thread. Oftentimes, I don't appreciate people coming in here and imposing their opinions on us but there is nothing I can do about that. They just go in my ignore pile and life is better again.
    I've just come to accept the fact that obnoxious posters are like the 1st law of thermodynamics. What are the chances that they won't come back under another pseud?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inthemiddle View Post
    That mannequin looks 100% WORSE in that little black dress than Meryl does. Meryl ROCKS it.

Wishing Meryl, Tanith, & Brooke a fun & relaxing vacation!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post
    That mannequin looks 100% WORSE in that little black dress than Meryl does. Meryl ROCKS it.
    And they forgot the hair too.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing the campaign with the manikins because...I don't really get it yet.

vCash
    I'm looking forward to seeing the campaign with the manikins because...I don't really get it yet.
    I'm curious as well. Perhaps the mannequins are members of the team who we just never knew about? "These are our understudies, sometimes we don't feel like performing, so we send them in. They don't say much, but they take directions really well"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LilJen View Post

Wishing Meryl, Tanith, & Brooke a fun & relaxing vacation!
    According to Meryl's instagram, they have it.
    http://web.stagram.com/p/443426511803663877_19570784

Incredible place.

'

vCash
    It is interesting to me that Charlie's feet look so big here in street shoes, but in skates it looks like he has kind of small feet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    It is interesting to me that Charlie's feet look so big here in street shoes, but in skates it looks like he has kind of small feet.
    I wonder if maybe those were the only dress shoes they had on hand for the photo shoot. His feet don't usually look that big.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast