Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    All of these photos are making me crazy. I am ready for the season (and yet not).

Oddly, I'm most nervous about their short dance music. I think because their Bollywood OD was so iconic at the last Olympics and Giselle was so fabulous last year, I really want them to top it all this year!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    did you need break from kissing rainbows or other thing like that?!?

I wanna see costumes!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaffeine View Post

I wanna see costumes!!
    me too!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I am ready for the season (and yet not).
    This is how I feel too.

I love the Scheherazade suite regardless of whether this rumor is true or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitneyskates View Post
    Yes, because people who don't like that dance just can't see it and just don't understand it. I did see the dance, and I didn't like it. It's called a personal opinion.

Now back to D/W . Any guesses on what music they may do for their short dance?

Whatever. You diminished the dance with your quote about him "growling" and her "groping". So you can hardly blame the response quite frankly. If you didn't like it that is fine but your comment is hardly constructive. And as far as I remember the over-used music of Carmen has always been portrayed the same ole' same Ole" interpretation. I hardly think V and M's Carmen can say that to be honest. It was a totally different take, whether you liked it or not. There are actually fans who like both couples who don't necessarily want to diminish one to raise up the other.

As far as this music choice for D and W, I don't think it is as over-used as some. And honestly as long as they can make it their own and do something surprising and different with it then who cares. Personally I think it is a much better choice then last season's music which I didn't like at all. And I think it has a lot of potential. There is an interesting story to tell and I can see them doing something interesting with it. Plus honestly how long has it been since a top five couple has done this music in Ice dance.

vCash
    I need to put Scheherazade out of my mind so that I don't end up disappointed when it's inevitably proven incorrect. Because I love the ballet just like I love Giselle.

vCash
    Whatever. You diminished the dance with your quote about him "growling" and her "groping". So you can hardly blame the response quite frankly. If you didn't like it that is fine but your comment is hardly constructive. And as far as I remember the over-used music of Carmen has always been portrayed the same ole' same Ole" interpretation. I hardly think V and M's Carmen can say that to be honest. It was a totally different take, whether you liked it or not. There are actually fans who like both couples who don't necessarily want to diminish one to raise up the other.
    However a performance is perceived is up to the person who is viewing it. And I, as someone who viewed this dance many times over the season, did not like it. And despite everyone telling me how modern and new it was, I, as a viewer, did not see that. He growled, she groped, her crotch was in his face, it isn't diminishing to point out what everyone else saw. I found Pink Floyd to be far more modern and new than Carmen.

But anyway, my apologies to my fellow D/W fans for causing the thread to drift. Back to their FD. While it may be just a rumor, the person who posted the rumor on Facebook knew about P/B's music before they announced it.

vCash
    But anyway, my apologies to my fellow D/W fans for causing the thread to drift. Back to their FD. While it may be just a rumor, the person who posted the rumor on Facebook knew about P/B's music before they announced it.
    That's one reason why I hope it's true. It's just so very them!

vCash
    It's just so very them!
    I agree. Plus, I think Meryl has the perfect exotic look to pull it off.

vCash
    I dont like or dislike this free dance music for Meryl&Charlie. Considering how they changed their free dance 2 times in past years, we will have to wait a little longer to know what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    It was not the reason why it was different (or, at least, not the only reason), but I understand that trying to explain that to someone who just doesn't want to see and understand would be futile .
    The fact that commentators kept talking how their Carmen was modern and innovative, fans following that idea - does not just make it so.
    I would agree there were several impressive new things, but overall it was nothing new. If you have youtube and can watch Krylova&Ovsiannikova from 1998, V&M look just like 2 kids groping each other, but true - with impressive skating skills. Overall the program was dysfunctional. They lost it after that slow section with step sequence and the end is just so sudden. That is not my idea of a balanced program. V&M can make a better program.
    I can agree that COP does not give skaters liberty to make innovative programs, which is even more annoying when you have several vocal people insisting how one team is innovative and the other is "cheep cheese".
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    Doppio Axel from Italy has more sources than our US fans. I may actually buy a copy when I go to Rome.
    As of March 2013 - no longer scared of TAHbKA or Andrey aka Pushkin

vCash
    From the Programs thread in GSD:
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    When was the last time Sheherazade was used by ice dancers? I am really interested in seeing some free dances with this music, preferably under 6.0.
    For fun, here's Blumberg/Seibert's 1984 Olympic FD to "Scheherazade": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcmLc_XSp7Y
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Videos from Derek Hough's Twitter:

https://vine.co/v/huzervzp6YU

https://vine.co/v/huz0TKgMHK2 (Did Meryl beat both of them in the sprint? )
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post

I was just about to say that! lol I'm like whose that little girl outrunning them?!? I hate that exercise in gym..so exhausting!

vCash
    Where has Derek Hough been all these years? He is fantastic for providing these back stage glimpses.
    Last edited by CassAgain; 06-20-2013 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    These are all so much fun!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post

haha…nice!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post

If you have youtube and can watch Krylova&Ovsiannikova from 1998, V&M look just like 2 kids groping each other
    Uh sorry to burst your bubble but V/M's Carmen is more than that. Much more complex.Also its unfair to compare K&O Carmen (6.0) to V&M's Carmen (CoP) because V/M's Carmen makes K&O's Carmen look slow and technically inferior, one-dimensional, and a dramafest. But thats probably because of 6.0
    Last edited by parapluies; 06-20-2013 at 01:15 AM.

vCash
    Derek Hough's Instagram photo of him working with D&W has generated this little article: http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with...hs-olympic-ice
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Derek Hough's Instagram photo of him working with D&W has generated this little article: http://www.wetpaint.com/dancing-with...hs-olympic-ice
    Getting more and more excited!

Love the little Vine videos..totally looks like Meryl zipping by them and not even breaking a sweat

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast