Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast
    On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash

Davis & White #16: Magical Wizard Hair

Brought to you by DJ.

vCash

vCash
    Only their hairdressers know! Boy, am I dating myself!

vCash
    Thanks to YouTube, we all know for sure.

vCash
    Love this picture from Charlie's twitter.

double Charlie!!

https://twitter.com/CharlieaWhite/st...706176/photo/1

vCash
    omg Charlie's got a twin.

So that's how they do it. Meryl skates with Charlie #1 for the SD and Charlie #2 for the FD.

vCash
    I've had an exhausting week at work and trying to keep up with Worlds! Just popping in to say how happy I am for M&C and that fantastic SD performance. I just can't stop being impressed by their work ethic and while I admire both of them tremendously, my admiration for Meryl just keeps getting stronger especially when I hear of her amazing ability to overcome things that would make it easy to say "I can't". They never give up! Can't wait for the FD tomorrow, I love Notre Dame and I hope they have a wonderful time performing!

Thanks for the new thread, circuscandy!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    I've only lurked at FSU, but I just have to post to say how amazed I am by Meryl and Charlie. Their ability to surpass themselves is truly incredible. I remember someone posted during the Nationals SD that they were sorry that M&C had wasted a perfect performance at a competition that didn't count as much...how lucky we are to have witnessed an even more stunning and record-breaking performance at Worlds! Can't wait for tomorrow!

vCash
    (Replying to post from old thread)
    You would think that the commentators would just wiki the Giselle ballet story to see what the costumes represent
    The second guy (sorry I don't know which is which) did say the costumes were perfect for this music, so I think he did already know their outfits were based on the ballet costume. I think the first guy was just wondering if that approach was OK with the judges or if the judges still wanted skaters to color-coordinate. I'm thinking he is old-fashioned and a bit behind the times. We have seen lots of dance teams where the partners coordinated by theme rather than color or decoration. Actually, Davis-White often don't wear the same colors, especially when skating to music with characters. For Phantom, she was in dark burgundy and he wore cream and black. For that matter, their Indian outfits didn't have much in common either, color-wise.

vCash
    I like the new thread title. And it fits them, D/W. They are wizards in: how they've handled their career (so far), their health, relationship/partnership, their 'building' strategy, pace/breadth at which they stretch themselves in a given season, oh yes, costuming, hair, outside professional help, etc. Their improvement over the last few years has been meteoric. They have many more good skating years ahead of them.

Love them for being wizards at making their brand of skating just as valid, entertaining and worthy of high calibre ice dancing as the more traditionally-appreciated classical look of ice dancing. I also thank Meryl for opening the ice-dancing doors to girls who don't have the typical dancers body type--that they too can achieve top-level ice dancer status.

random stuff just because it is St. Patrick's Day on Sunday: While I'd love for them to win here, I'd love it even more if they won The Olympic Gold (TOG) medal, also called the Tingle O'Giddy (TOG) medal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    (Replying to post from old thread)

The second guy (sorry I don't know which is which) did say the costumes were perfect for this music, so I think he did already know their outfits were based on the ballet costume. I think the first guy was just wondering if that approach was OK with the judges or if the judges still wanted skaters to color-coordinate. I'm thinking he is old-fashioned and a bit behind the times. We have seen lots of dance teams where the partners coordinated by theme rather than color or decoration. Actually, Davis-White often don't wear the same colors, especially when skating to music with characters. For Phantom, she was in dark burgundy and he wore cream and black. For that matter, their Indian outfits didn't have much in common either, color-wise.
    They're one of the few teams that can dress differently and have different hair color and yet still look in perfect harmony doing so.

I think it's their connection.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Meryl and Charlie wore the usual costumes for the FD warm-up this morning. Looking good and Meryl did her spiral again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Meryl and Charlie wore the usual costumes for the FD warm-up this morning. Looking good and Meryl did her spiral again.
    Love the spiral. Thanks for the report!! I can't wait for the FD! Hope you're all having a great time.

vCash
    Return of the nerves! Not long to go now.

vCash
    Best of luck to them!!

vCash
    I'm so nervous, I've switched to The Golden Girls marathon on TV Land!

vCash
    Magic number is 107.94. Looks like they overscored Virtue and Moir in the PCS. I wonder if the judges would deliberately have Virtue and Moir win the FD but Meryl and Charlie win the overall competition just to assuage the feelings of the Canadian fans/audience. I wouldn't put it past them.

vCash
    I can't believe I made it through that without vomiting. So GOOD.

vCash
    MUTHA F*CKA HELL YESSSSSSS !!!

vCash
    OWNED.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast