Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash

Veronica Mars Movie Is A Go

'Veronica Mars' movie is a go! 'My mind is blown' says Rob Thomas: EXCLUSIVE

I watched every episode of the 2004-2007 TV show, I am glad we're going to get some more! From the article linked above:

Less than 11 hours after Rob Thomas and Kristen Bell announced a Kickstarter campaign, fans have raised the $2 million necessary to fund a Veronica Mars movie.
    The goal was to raise $2 million in 30 days. Warner Bros. Digital Distribution has agreed to put the movie into production and pick up the tab for marketing, promotion, and distribution. But exhibiting a passion that broke Kickstarter records in just six hours, fans have been flocking to the site since the page went up at 7:30 a.m. PT. And even though the goal has been reached, pledges can keep coming in.
    I'm wondering what kind of movie they could make for two million. Luckily, more money is coming in, so that will allow them to do more than they originally planned. But when was the last time a movie got made for so little? Paranormal Activity? On the imdb message boards, someone wondered if this was a scam by Thomas and star Kristen Bell. But I figure Bell must have agreed to do this for scale because I wouldn't be surprised if she was paid two million for some of her more successful movies (Couples Retreat, You Again, When In Rome, etc.).

Any other Mars fans out there?
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    Wheeeee

Veronica Mars, particularly the first two seasons, was totally brilliant. And the Kickstarter video is hilarious!

I wonder if they could swing having Amanda Seyfried do some scenes as Lilly Kane. I thought she really gave the character a lot of heart and likability despite the character really being an awful person.

vCash
    I was so pleasantly surprised when I saw this. I know Thomas and Bell have been on board with the idea for years, but I thought they'd given up. Wow!

I'm wondering how many of the previous actors will be interested in returning. I want to see Wallace!
    Last edited by RockTheTassel; 03-14-2013 at 05:07 AM.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I absolutely loved the mini-episode of what would have been S4...hope the movie is on this vein:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG_dqD9RrKM
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    I'm so happy about this - it made my day! I religiously watched VM S1 and S2 and bought all the DVDs even if S3 kinda sucked. I'll pledge for sure - too bad they only ship rewards to the US though.

Wonder if the can also bring back Sheriff Lamb from the dead. Doubt the powers and the Young & the Restless would agree though.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    . I'll pledge for sure - too bad they only ship rewards to the US though.
    The FAQ says they've encountered some problems but are working on international pledges and that people outside the US should check back in a week or two to see if they can get the prizes.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    I can only stew in my jealousy of VM fans, and wish that some of my favourite cancelled shows could get a second chance.

vCash
    I haven't seen Veronica Mars, but I can't help but wondering how much a Firefly Kickstarter campaign would raise...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Alexandra View Post
    I haven't seen Veronica Mars, but I can't help but wondering how much a Firefly Kickstarter campaign would raise...
    My thoughts exactly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    I second that!!

vCash
    There was a Firefly movie called Serenity but it did not do so well. I would love to see Flashforward or Terra Nova got a 2nd chance.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I loved Serenity, and am hoping the VM film is like that - not exactly the same as the series, but still
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    A lot of people pretty much immediately asked Joss Whedon that question, here's his response:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/adambvary/jo...er-and-firefly

I'm so so excited for the VM movie. I was watching the numbers go up all day yesterday! It was a great show and since it doesn't require any special effects or much location shooting, I'm sure it can be done very cheaply. Firefly would require a lot more money.

vCash
    Got an update email from the project saying that Canadians can now pledge and should ignore the "ships withing US only" tags but the website won't let me choose any option that has them (anything above $10).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    There was a Firefly movie called Serenity but it did not do so well. I would love to see Flashforward or Terra Nova got a 2nd chance.
    I would assume those of us who mentioned Firefly are perfectly aware of Serenity I've only seen it like 23049820384 times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by michiruwater View Post
    I would assume those of us who mentioned Firefly are perfectly aware of Serenity I've only seen it like 23049820384 times.
    Yes, lets just say that due to some events in the movie, I prefer not to remember it and keep to the TV show memories. :-)

vCash

Finally saw the VM movie

Couldn't find a thread on the reactions to the movie so I'm resurrecting this one. Please advise of I screwed up.)

LOVED it and want to see it again. Loved the cameos (I think they got everyone but Lily's dad), and Veronica and her dad, and the clothes (fell hard for the studded purse) and the kick ass camera.

Had trouble believing Logan turned into a punctual JAG lawyer but what the heck!

Hoping for more VM Kickstarter enabled movies.

vCash
    Saw it twice already. I want mooooooooooooooooore !!!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I watched it on my Kindle, and really enjoyed it!! I am not a die-hard Marshmellow (I never saw Season 3), but I really loved the first season and the characters. So glad to see most of the cast returned. Honestly I'd love to see it come back as a series, because the movie left me wanting more.

vCash
    I know it's not the same thing as seeing it on screen, but Rob Thomas is continuing the story through books, with the first one "Veronica Mars: The Thousand-Dollar Tan Line" just coming out. I like it already for the title alone. :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast