Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

television forums?

What websites do people recommend for discussing TV shows? I just saw TWOP is closing. That's like 50% of my internet time, even more than here...

I'm trying to figure out where to go to chat about the shows I watch. Mostly sitcoms and CBS reality shows.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    woah, TWOP is closing??? End of an era, for sure.

who is it they got sold to a few years ago - quality of the site went down a lot after that. I barely even go there anymore.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    What websites do people recommend for discussing TV shows? I just saw TWOP is closing. That's like 50% of my internet time, even more than here...

I'm trying to figure out where to go to chat about the shows I watch. Mostly sitcoms and CBS reality shows.
    I don't know what the forums are like (I expect there could be an influx after May 31), but you could try Previously TV. The people who run it are the folks who originally created TWOP back in the day.

http://previously.tv/

http://forums.previously.tv/

(And yes, I'll miss TWOP too... especially some of the recappers).

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Holy crap! That was sudden. Why is it closing?

vCash
    Apparently NBC tried to sell it off after the Comcast merger and there were no buyers.

(And I agree that the quality of the site went down after it was sold to Bravo- I basically stopped reading recaps, but their forums, if you managed to play within the absurd rules, were fabulous.)

Thanks for the Previously TV link. I'm guessing they are in for a huge influx. Right now the forums seem pretty non-existant.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Thanks. I mostly just lurk in the forums. It was a decent place to find info. I'm just really shocked by this. Wow.

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    imdb.com has forums for every TV show and every television actor. I go there mainly for movies, but when I want to know something about a television show that Wikipedia doesn't cover, then I go to imdb.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    That's a surprise. I rarely visit the forums, but would sometimes use the recaps (especially the caplets) to catch up or to clarify a plot point I missed in a show.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Whoa! TWOP is closing down? I never read their recaps, just go straight to the forums. Yes, their rules are inane and the groupthink can be immense but most of my shows are found in the subforums, where there is a lot less drama generally. I haven't found another forum that better discusses shows like House Hunters and news programs like Chris Hayes or Rachel Maddow. I don't mind imdb (esp. right after an episode), but the overall quality of posts is subpar.

vCash
    but the overall quality of posts is subpar.
    As much as I would be pissed off for days for getting "warned" for not capitalizing a characters name, I think the rules did contribute to the quality of posts.

I think TV threads here are pretty decent for shows like Amazing Race or Big Brother, but still a lot more bare.

I'm so sad about this. It would be like if FSU closed. Where would I go to talk about skating?

vCash
    I used to read their recaps and I enjoyed them. Too bad its shutting down. However, I thought some of the rules for the discussion boards were kind of ridiculous.

vCash
    I check into TWOP everyday, and have done so since 2004. Now where will I go to ridicule that asinine new show about that Chrisley guy or the faux housewives of wherever? Sigh, it's the end of an era.

vCash
    NO TWOP?!

vCash
    What shows do you watch? Perhaps they have fan site forums. Or you can follow tumblrs that are tv and fandom focused.

Spoiler tv is a great tv site. I don't know if they have a forum but there are a lot of comments in the articles and talk within them kind of like forum post.

I did a google search and found http://www.fanforum.com/ I'm going to try it.

And Idol forums has a television forum. It isn't as active as TWOP but there are always people on the site. Some cool people. I'm always trying to get more people to come. It's a cool forum.

And of course there is always FSU to try and post about your favorite shows.

I forgot to add that this is on top of the http://previously.tv/ link that genevieve posted. It seems to be the place being recommended on TWOP.
    Last edited by tarotx; 03-28-2014 at 12:57 AM.

vCash
    You people don't talk about the Walking Dead enough, which is why I had to join TWOP and learn their ridiculous rules. And now it's going away.

Most people seem to be heading to previously.tv, so I will try that.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I wonder if there is a way to save the TWOP threads to the computer before it closes (other than copying and pasting of course). I only lurk, but sometimes I go into the threads years after an episode has aired to read the discussion. There are so many shows that I'm not finished watching or plan on watching in the future that have active forums there.

vCash
    What will I do without TWOP? I have laughed so much over various posts and especially recaps.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Oh god, So much of the Sandra Lee bashing that has taken place on FSU has it's roots in TWOP! This is the end of an era!

vCash
    I've read and re-read the Battlestar Galactica recaps in particular, and read the re-cap every time a favorite show airs, sometimes even before watching the episode I will miss TWoP so hard. One of my favorite websites

vCash
    Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Where will I go to read the forums on my various unpopular shows?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast