Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    T/S will start their practice at 7:40. Here's the practice schedule http://www.isuresults.com/events/WC2...otationAll.pdf

vCash
    A few quick impressions from practice... good news, they loooked in great spirits, ready and confident. The ss flow nicely, although I don't like the small hop in the diagonal. The lifts were excellent. They look like they can do the rotational one in their sleep! The bad news... they replaced the spin completely. They do the Mahler spin now. Yes, maybe it''s more centered, but my heart wept for our gorgeous spin. I can't believe they gave up on it, but I guess they had to...
    It was such a pleasure to watch Carmen in the practice outfits. And of course, they are gorgeous. I had to say that

vCash
    At 4CC's it looked like the spin might have been what gave Tessa the leg cramp. Something happened in the middle of that spin and they started to go off time. It's a shame because I loved that spin too...and the diagonal step sequence...and lots of other little things they had to get rid of because of CoP. Sigh....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    A few quick impressions from practice... good news, they loooked in great spirits, ready and confident. The ss flow nicely, although I don't like the small hop in the diagonal. The lifts were excellent. They look like they can do the rotational one in their sleep! The bad news... they replaced the spin completely. They do the Mahler spin now. Yes, maybe it''s more centered, but my heart wept for our gorgeous spin. I can't believe they gave up on it, but I guess they had to...
    It was such a pleasure to watch Carmen in the practice outfits. And of course, they are gorgeous. I had to say that
    That's great that they're in good spirits, but for them replacing the spin completely. Freaking Skate Canada this is all their fault because Tessa and Scott had been receiving good levels on their spin except at Nationals.

ETA: I realize my anger is probably misdirected, but I can't help it lol.

vCash
    They looked great!! She woore a little red cover up when bowing off the ice lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Thanks, but it geobloked.:-(
    So no news from practiece rink? Or TS wasnt there?
    I saw a part but then stopped
    Last edited by tut88; 03-12-2013 at 10:53 PM.

vCash
    Moir said the four skaters share a friendship, but "I wouldn't say off the ice, we're best of friends. I'm not going to pull the wool over your eyes and think we're holding hands and skipping out of the rink every day.

"We've come up since we were this big and we respect what they do. We wish them all the best. We do our job which is to come out and skate hard and try to beat them."
    source

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Thank you so much for the report. You mean they replaced all of the spin, not just the first position? If so, then it's really sad - it was so beautiful .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Thank you so much for the report. You mean they replaced all of the spin, not just the first position? If so, then it's really sad - it was so beautiful .
    ITA. So sad.

vCash
    As much as I loved the colour of her first SD dress, this one shows off their beautiful lines better which for judging purposes should be a plus. They looked good to me in the practice video - clearly they weren't skating full out or anything - and except for Tessa's landing at the end, it was really enjoyable. Lucky people who were there.

vCash
    Yes, they changed it all. I really miss that beautiful exit from the spin, but Sap5 might be right about Tessa's cramp. Anyway, Carmen is still superb and the finale is absolutely amazing. Tessa held the fierce attitude until they ended the bows, she looked great! Jennifer Swan was in the audience with their families and she got very enthusiastic at the Germans' zombie program.

vCash
    Glad to hear practice went well. Sad about the spin and now I will have to go back and look at the spin they've changed cause ... I forgot what it was/looked like (colour me embarrassed cause I don't know their dances that well -- uber fan in no technik).

So glad Swan was IN THE HOUSE!! So, she liked the Zombie program. Wonder if she'd like to work with those two

ETA: went and watched the video and I have a question. So is it the spin where they are both squatted and her leg is bent up her back and when they come out of it, Scott still has hold of her leg and then gives it a tug? If so, then yeah, I am
    Last edited by professordeb; 03-12-2013 at 11:43 PM. Reason: watched some video
    Crazy about sports!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I love that Swan loves the zombie program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I love that Swan loves the zombie program.
    I think it's a great program. They committed to their theme and perform the hell out of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    Glad to hear practice went well. Sad about the spin and now I will have to go back and look at the spin they've changed cause ... I forgot what it was/looked like (colour me embarrassed cause I don't know their dances that well -- uber fan in no technik).

So glad Swan was IN THE HOUSE!! So, she liked the Zombie program. Wonder if she'd like to work with those two

ETA: went and watched the video and I have a question. So is it the spin where they are both squatted and her leg is bent up her back and when they come out of it, Scott still has hold of her leg and then gives it a tug? If so, then yeah, I am
    There's only one spin so yes it's that one

Just watched the Mahler spin to refresh my memory. So it's Scott in a sit spin position with Tessa in a layback and then the both in camel position facing opposite directions right? How do they exit the spin? Same as Mahler?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    There's only one spin so yes it's that one

Just watched the Mahler spin to refresh my memory. So it's Scott in a sit spin position with Tessa in a layback and then the both in camel position facing opposite directions right? How do they exit the spin? Same as Mahler?
    I watched it too - right now I really can't imagine how a spin that looked so right for 'Mahler' can work for 'Carmen', as there can't be two more different programs.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Thanks! I've watched it several times now, and, IMO, they look really good and ready to go. Just from what I've read everywhere, it seems they were fairly relaxed and smiling. My guess is that any hesitancy was due to having 3 other teams on the ice with them, and given what had just happened with Anna C., probably wanting to be careful.

When it comes to the twizzles, my thought was that Scott was a little wild on the first set with the rotations, but no more wild than a certain other team gets with their twizzles all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Also thought they looked relaxed and smiling
    Thanks, Judy! I'm glad to hear that.

vCash
    Don't know whether this is geoblocked or not but an interview with jennifer swan:
    http://london.ctvnews.ca/video?clipI...ylistPageNum=1

And an article about moir family in london

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkat.../20649436.html
    Last edited by PEZazzz; 03-13-2013 at 12:49 AM.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    I watched it too - right now I really can't imagine how a spin that looked so right for 'Mahler' can work for 'Carmen', as there can't be two more different programs.
    Well, the spin is in the slow section when Don Jose and Carmen's relationship is more loving and all, so I can see how it would fit in there.

vCash
    That practice did not look great. I am surprised.

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast