Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
    Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    First off, I would just like to thank the idiots at the CBC who decided that a Gala, means rocking the screen up and down while a skater is performing. I can't watch that because it triggers motion sickness w/me. Thanks to this stupidity, I haven't been able to watch or bother putting on video CSOI for about five or six years now because of this.

The perfect capper to the week.

Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    I thought that was a fantastic performance for them. The ending was especially effective. And I LOVE how intense Scott was. If there is a direction I would like for them to take, it'd be for a dance (short or free--their pick) where Scott was thematically the focal point.

I am hugely relieved they will continue next season. I am spending a bunch of money to go to Skate Canada on the other end of the country. I wanna see Tessa and Scott live one more time. I have the entire summer to learn how to record video on my Galaxy Nexus and upload videos on Youtube. It will be my mission to capture everything about their new programs. That and check out the Anne of Green Gable site.
    I'm also an Anne geek and have visited Green Gables. It's such a special place and in case you don't know, you can follow a path through The Haunted Wood that leads you straight to L.M. Montgomery's gravesite so you can pay your respects. Hope you have a wonderful time.

Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I'm at the gala practice and I'll post more later, but I have to say it almost seems like someone reads this thread. You'll see what I mean when you hear the music for the dancers' number in the finale. I won't spoil the surprise.
    People are queing at the boards right now to have their picture taken with T&S.
    I read something like this and then can't even watch it because of some your know what choice that the CBC's made by adding un needed effects to Galas and CSOI Broadcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I did not care when D&W beat them at WTT last year so I won't care if V&M beat them this year. I just don't consider it an important competition; as far as I'm concerned the season is over. I hope they go to WTT if they want (we know Scott loves it ) or skip it if they don't. I am very sad that a beautiful, innovative program like Carmen did not win any important competitions. It's not good for the sport.
    I feel the same about the WTT and I really wish there was no Team Event in Sochi too. It just seems to me to be a "What's the point?" kind of a thing. Then again, it is something cooked up by the ISU, so there you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I wouldn't either, but they also have SOI and it's the Olympic season coming up. I rather they have a good rest than travel all the way to Japan. Also the pressure of trying to make a point by beating DW there. If they choose to go I wouldn't complain though (well maybe a little).

How come it's only watches that they give skaters at small medal ceremony. Imagine how many watches they have lol.
    I've seen pictures of the small medals all week on Twitter, so not sure why you haven't. I too though really hope they go for a rest and get ready for CSOI instead of that stupidity of WTT.

vCash
    Thank you Emdee and Scrufflet for your reports! I hope we get to hear from clarie soon. I am glad you all had a good time

Quote Originally Posted by sakura View Post
    I found the FD press conference on youtube so thought to share the link here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA1-z0eUodw
    thank you, sakura

Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Cjuld i hope at lleast Swan will work only with V-M, not with others?

Even if Swan did work with others, she couldn't give them the kind of choreography she gives to Tessa and Scott because no one else would be able to do it. That's why Swan+V&M=heaven

and thank you so much for the links you provided pani.

vCash
    A few highlights from this morning's practice: Scott's usual hyper-ness, culminating with the "I'm the king of the world" poses in the grand finale (it all.ends with a sort of hiphop Titanic soundtrack, lol), the way all skaters looked like a big family, enjoying each other's company, Andrew hugging Tessa like a big brother, Scott bowing to Yuna, the way Tessa and Scott always looked for a place away from the pack, either to talk or to practice a move in a sort of public "bubble", and my absolute favourite highlight of the day, Ingo Steuer having Tessa sign an autograph and pose for a photo with him. Ingo knows who's the best.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFlA0twCEAEAXDq.jpg

LOL
    it seems like piper is still stuck in the 90s
    that skirt with those shoes

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFlA0twCEAEAXDq.jpg

LOL
    it seems like piper is still stuck in the 90s
    that skirt with those shoes
    Good to know I'm not the only one. Combine that and the animal print pants in the Team photo Slipper tweeted and...The girl needs a fashion intervention and STAT!!

vCash
    A few highlights from this morning's practice: Scott's usual hyper-ness, culminating with the "I'm the king of the world" poses in the grand finale (it all.ends with a sort of hiphop Titanic soundtrack, lol), the way all skaters looked like a big family, enjoying each other's company, Andrew hugging Tessa like a big brother, Scott bowing to Yuna, the way Tessa and Scott always looked for a place away from the pack, either to talk or to practice a move in a sort of public "bubble", and my absolute favourite highlight of the day, Ingo Steuer having Tessa sign an autograph and pose for a photo with him. Ingo knows who's the best.
    Thank you IoanaC!

vCash
    Anyone here knows the source/photographer of this pic please let me know. No big deal really but I'm kind of OC about proper photo credits. Thanks. I randomly found it in Google but I just can't find it again.

Now back to the gala...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahararainfall View Post
    Anyone here knows the source/photographer of this pic please let me know. No big deal really but I'm kind of OC about proper photo credits. Thanks. I randomly found it in Google but I just can't find it again.
    http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/163810129
    "Caption: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir representing Canada skate their free program in the dance competition at the 2013 World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario, March 16, 2013. AFP PHOTO/Geoff Robins (Photo credit should read Geoff Robins/AFP/Getty Images)"

I'm all for proper photo credits, too.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/163810129
    "Caption: Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir representing Canada skate their free program in the dance competition at the 2013 World Figure Skating Championships in London, Ontario, March 16, 2013. AFP PHOTO/Geoff Robins (Photo credit should read Geoff Robins/AFP/Getty Images)"

I'm all for proper photo credits, too.
    Thank you! Now I feel stupid not looking at the Getty Website. Too dependent on google. Thanks again!

ETA:
    http://www.skatecanada.ca/en-us/even...pionships.aspx

Skate Canada gallery, but I think photos here can be found on FB too.

vCash
    Ingo Steuer having Tessa sign an autograph and pose for a photo with him. Ingo knows who's the best.
    I knew there was a reason I always liked Ingo.

vCash
    [...]and my absolute favourite highlight of the day, Ingo Steuer having Tessa sign an autograph and pose for a photo with him. Ingo knows who's the best.
    who wouldn't want the autograph of the best ice dancer in the world?

vCash
    WOW, Steuer asked for her autograph. That's totally awesome, and in good taste. Wonder who is the lucky person who will be receiving it.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Guys, anybody have link V-M FD from British Eurosport?
    And what did Italian commentators think about who must win? Just for fun

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    who wouldn't want the autograph of the best ice dancer in the world?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/79e865640...9n70o1_500.jpg
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/97c80a9c2...k03o6_1280.jpg

RAAAAAAAAAWR

http://25.media.tumblr.com/13ca3b4a6...k03o4_1280.jpg
    i love how tessa as carmen here is like "nooo dont kiss my hand"

vCash
    Is there any part of their bodies that does not feel the music? They are so insanely talented.

vCash

OMG, I was so shocked when he roared and I LOVED it!!! I keep watching it over and over and I love it more every time. My God I love them, the way they went out there and slammed that program down. They truly skated as ONE.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kittysk8ts View Post
    OMG, I was so shocked when he roared and I LOVED it!!! I keep watching it over and over and I love it more every time. My God I love them, the way they went out there and slammed that program down. They truly skated as ONE.
    SAME!
    i cant stop watching it lol
    i feel like im more in love with that after that performance

vCash
    The gala was really fun and Hallelujah absolutely gorgeous. I think it was the best performance I've seen. Scott looked so intense and the hug at the end... It almost healed my heartbreak.

vCash
    The gala was really fun and Hallelujah absolutely gorgeous. I think it was the best performance I've seen. Scott looked so intense and the hug at the end... It almost healed my heartbreak.

awwww. so glad you were there to see it live

vCash
    So greate to have you in London and get all this information I cant imaging, how it was if i was SO impressed with this ex at CoR where they didnt show there best
    And yes - dance me to the end of love. Sad they didnt show T-S dancing slow dance.
    Tessa is my hero - she did jump dismount from the Goose
    Ioana, what journalists talking about "Carmen"?

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast