Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Give it a rest Pani, Virtue and Moir will always be Team Canada. We are never letting them go.

vCash
    I don't know what you want from us, Pani.

vCash
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2347219118

This was what aired on TV, and has the segment on music cutting (which I found really cool because I never noticed the changes they made to the original Suite), the cute little handshake part, and an interview at the end.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2347225520

This was the live stream of the entire event, and includes the medal ceremony. Don't know if these links are geo blocked though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post

This was what aired on TV, and has the segment on music cutting (which I found really cool because I never noticed the changes they made to the original Suite), the cute little handshake part, and an interview at the end.

This was the live stream of the entire event, and includes the medal ceremony. Don't know if these links are geo blocked though.
    Sadly, neither works in the US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Zoueva said in interview after FD that in next season the main thing will be speed on wich ice dansers did there elements. And that after Sochi will be next chamipons, who will bring something new to the sport. So - she is talking about D-W are already OGM.
    Pani, are you able to provide us with a link to a transcription of the interview or at least an article with quotes from Marina? It's just hard for me to believe that is what she really meant. Is there anyway she could have been misquoted?

vCash
    I'm at the gala practice and I'll post more later, but I have to say it almost seems like someone reads this thread. You'll see what I mean when you hear the music for the dancers' number in the finale. I won't spoil the surprise.
    People are queing at the boards right now to have their picture taken with T&S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I'm at the gala practice and I'll post more later, but I have to say it almost seems like someone reads this thread. You'll see what I mean when you hear the music for the dancers' number in the finale. I won't spoil the surprise.
    They will skate old exibition?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    Pani, are you able to provide us with a link to a transcription of the interview or at least an article with quotes from Marina? It's just hard for me to believe that is what she really meant. Is there anyway she could have been misquoted?
    http://www.sports.ru/others/figure-s...147606914.html

vCash
    I have to say dispite all the disappointment of this week I have rewatched that FD numerous times and I just smile everytime I hear the ROAR The way they commit to a program is just amazing and I have come to realize they did just what I hoped they would do, deliver that program in a manner they should be proud of. For that reason I now think it was a success for them. They dared to do what they did, they committed 110% and they nailed it. That's the memory of this worlds I'll take with me.

vCash
    I've enjoyed everyone's remarks. I always have to step away from a disappointing competition because sometimes I just hate what I'm seeing and I don't want to insult either athletes or fans by saying something too emotional. But my opionion is that the high score given DW after the sd was too high and it in effect spoiled the competition. Something needs to be done about that. I know DW are fast but I actually have thought their step sequences this year are slow so I don't get what people talk about there. The gap between the two top marks shouldn't have eliminated TS from winning - but it did. Lose the sd yes, but not the competition. this isn't singles skating. That mark was the single factor for the fd finishing second because the pressure is off the judges to mark fairly, thus the silly passing of the 'artistic' mark to DW or whatever name it goes by. the French have a good phrase "plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose" - the more things change, the more they remain the same! TS fd was stunning - and can I be shallow and say 'does Tessa know how to wear a dress or what'! I just loved, loved, loved that look. Scott looked pretty k..a.. himself too! I also thought he looked really ticked by the marks. DW once again refused to show respect for their competitors in the CBC interview. Would it have killed them to say something to acknowledge TS in their hometown? Apparently - to answer my own question.

For next year, TS must change their training style to nail down the technical elements first and leave the artistry to later. What they're doing is playing into the hands of the competition who take every opportunity to engage in not-so-subtle undermining of them. And they need to carefully select a sd to highlight their perceived strengths - I think they're strong in everything but go with whatever it is the judges want - unless the goalpost keeps moving a la for B&K. They won't want to lose it in the sd ever again.

vCash
    What did Scott said about their next years programs in the press conference?
    I think something of that was posted earlier, but now I can't find it, lol.

ROARRR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CatherineC View Post
    What did Scott said about their next years programs in the press conference?
    I think something of that was posted earlier, but now I can't find it, lol.

ROARRR.
    “We have a good connection and I think we showed that very well in Carmen, but in a different way, but I think there are some figure skating people who weren’t on our level maybe, didn’t agree with it. But we’ll see what we can make next year. We’re not going back to the classic Virtue and Moir that everyone wants either, because we’re older and more mature now. We’ll have something special next year.”
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle9854135/

vCash
    Thank you!

vCash
    Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir say they're hungry for gold looking forward to #Sochi2014 after winning #FSWorlds13 silver
    https://twitter.com/CBCOlympics/stat...22231797268480

Tessa Virtue + Scott Moir Forever Olympic Champions!
    https://twitter.com/SportsWkndScott/...40118812381184

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post

Ahh I hope these find their way to youtube quick!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bue View Post
    [FONT=Arial Black]

Not since the amazing Klimova and Ponamarenko, anyway. I feel like V/M have brought us back to the glory days of ice dance, and pushed the discipline even further. One day I am sure they will be remembered as the all-time greats.

Can't wait to see what they give us next year (even if their seeming desire to stay with Marina and insistence on boundary-pushing is certain to give us all many grey hairs in the lead up to Sochi )
    I can't forgive Marina right now, though I know they wouldn't leave her. She knows they wouldn't either that's why does these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    I wanna know! What music have we talked about here? Is it Gangnam Style (I hope not, so tired of that song lol).

Pani the first pic you posted is it from today? Tessa's looks so pretty.

vCash
    Pani the first pic you posted is it from today? Tessa's looks so pretty.
    Yes. They did CBC interview.

Is it Gangnam Style (I hope not, so tired of that song lol).
    I am sure its will be GS

vCash
    In the 1st pic - Tessa's hair looks different - maybe they have a new ex.

YEAH!
    vCash
    More from Marina:
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...metown-worlds/
    Marina Zueva, who coaches both teams, said she couldn’t feel bad for the Canadians.

“I’m always happy for both teams. They are unbelievable skaters, unbelievable people. No matter what they do, they put all their soul, all their energy into this sport,” she said.

“Okay, second place, but does it matter, when some people are crying, everyone is involved emotionally in the creativity of what they do? How can I be sad?

“It is much more difficult, I think, to skate at home than on neutral territory. I thought they kind of felt the pressure. But they did a great job.”

Did she think hometown pressure caused the big deficit in the short program?

“Could be,” she said. “But listen, it’s sport, and a very slippery sport.”

“It was hard,” Moir acknowledged. “It’s both. It’s easy having the atmosphere behind us, but it’s exhausting at times, too.

“(But) it was neat for Tess and I to see our community really pull together. I mean, London, Ontario, I don’t think we’re pulling the wool over anybody’s eyes, given where other world championships have been — Moscow, Tokyo, Nice — it’s a unique worlds, and London did a great job with it.”

vCash
    https://twitter.com/SportsWkndScott/...21401434124288

More from Marina:
    Thank you!
    Sad she was last year, when future wife of her son didnt won
    She is coach. She must know, why they lose. But she dont care.
    Last edited by pani; 03-17-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast