Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tapper88 View Post
    I have to say, the "pep talk" Scott gave Tessa right before they went was so cute. I have a big tv and after watching it a couple of times, managed to pick up the words, "Let's do this, me and you, it's just me and you out there. We can do this. Here we go." I just thought that was so, so sweet. We've seen Tessa calm Scott so much, so it's nice to see him offer her so much comfort and wisdom. Whatever kind of love you want to call it, they love each other so much.
    I loved that exchange too! Just to add to that, I think he also said "Let's not leave it on the table."

I can't provide a link right now, but the FD press conference is on YouTube, for those who want to search it up.

vCash
    Thanks for the contribution! If anyone else is good in lip reading, feel free to add!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post

I, too, am so happy they are committed to pushing themselves further. While I imagine they will take a more conservative approach than they did this year, I know they will manage to contribute more to the sport of ice dance. They are a once-in-a-generation team, and I feel so lucky to be a spectator. The purity of their blade is unmatched, and their quality of movement is exquisite. Our Living Legends indeed
    yep
    when people remember d/w they're going to remember them as v/m's shadow
    cause everytime they beat v/m, v/m always happens to steal the show away from them
    Last edited by rainbowkisses; 03-17-2013 at 05:42 AM.

vCash
    I have to say, the "pep talk" Scott gave Tessa right before they went was so cute. I have a big tv and after watching it a couple of times, managed to pick up the words, "Let's do this, me and you, it's just me and you out there. We can do this. Here we go." I just thought that was so, so sweet. We've seen Tessa calm Scott so much, so it's nice to see him offer her so much comfort and wisdom. Whatever kind of love you want to call it, they love each other so much.

I also loved the interaction at the end, with two hugs! So sweet. I think they are happy with their performance and are probably celebrating with their families tonight! Or "family" as they've referred to it.

I wonder what their Gala program is? It could be new because SOI is right around the corner!
    That's awesome! I'm glad he was able to do that for her and was emotionally there for her.

Also not sure they'll have a new EX since they've probably been preparing for Worlds. Do we know yet if they are doing WTT? I think they'll probably go as a way to set up for the team event at the Olympics.

vCash
    Oh, also, did anyone else watch CBC and catch that clip of the two of them doing their "handshake"? It was pretty cute! Think they've been doing that since that were very young

vCash
    Thanks, ofdarkness, for mentioning that the press conference is on Youtube. My hotel's internet connection is really bad and I can't watch any videos right now. I was just going to post here what was said at the conference, but there's no need for that anymore.

I need to watch the video of the performance more closely, since you all are so enthusiastic about it, which makes me very happy. I thought they were very focused and clean and I loved the beginning (I don't get the low GOE for that first lift), but I felt they were getting a bit tired towards the end - the diagonal SS and the rotational lift, especially. I think what I would have loved to see is a little more abandonment, but that program is so insanely difficult, that it's a big challenge to find the balance between keeping your concentration and losing yourself in the performance. I'm glad they were happy with what they did today and it was a relief to see them genuinely smiling at the press conference.
    My concern is the same as yours: the situation in Canton which seems to play against them. During the conference, the subject came up again and, from what Scott said, it seems they have no plan to change anything. They insist that it's in their best interest to train with their main rivals and to push each other. Maybe, as someone wrote earlier, they're too involved in this to see objectively. I agree with everyone here who said that they need a coach who can give them his/her absolute best. I have no idea what Zoueva's game is, but she had no business making such statements about Tessa. It's not something she should discuss in the press, let alone before the end of the most important competition of the season.
    I never thought I'd say this at the beginning of what seemed to become a great season for them, but, like many of you, I'm glad it's over and they can rest for a bit. Also, while I'm incredibly proud of what they've achieved, I'm still terribly disappointed in what happened this week. From the stupid rumours about Tessa's problems and the added stress, to their mistakes in the SD, and to the way their beautiful programs have been perceived by the judges. Especially Carmen. The judges had the chance to give them the win in the FD and yet they didn't. 9,96 for Notre Dame in choreo says it all, I think. It's what they want ice dance to look like. This is the winning style. And if so, Tessa and Scott don't stand a chance next season. I just hope they stay true to themselves and continue on this path of artistic improvement which will be remembered, I'm sure.

Apologies if I sound a bit down... I guess I haven't recovered from the result just yet. I loved seeing the crowd on their feet, I was proud of Tessa and Scott, but it was still so, so sad.

vCash

I also loved the interaction at the end, with two hugs! So sweet. I think they are happy with their performance and are probably celebrating with their families tonight! Or "family" as they've referred to it.

I wonder what their Gala program is? It could be new because SOI is right around the corner!
    Yes, that was so sweet. I got emotional just watching that moment...such tenderness and understanding between them. They really do love each other.

I hope they do Hallelujah, because it is my favourite EX they have ever done, and it is the kind of program that only they can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    [...]

Apologies if I sound a bit down... I guess I haven't recovered from the result just yet. I loved seeing the crowd on their feet, I was proud of Tessa and Scott, but it was still so, so sad.
    no apologies necessary. I appreciate your honest and thoughtful posts, and thank you for giving us special access to this event

vCash
    no apologies necessary. I appreciate your honest and thoughtful posts, and thank you for giving us special access to this event
    You're very welcome. I was glad to share it with you all.

Sending my thoughts and prayers to the people of Elliott Lake :(
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    how bout tessa and scott: forever gold
    or we can just go with ROAAAAR
    Add another vote for ROAAAR!!!

I was thinking he may have walked out of the K&C due to the pain? I agree with you, they were overthing due to the missed training time. I hope they bounce back soon. I'm also happy for B&S. I loved their FD
    I'm just happy they got through it and w/out anything even remotely close to Sasha's save of Yuko in the Pairs FS. Which BTW thanks to the coverage of Jr Hockey in Canada *and* the dominance of the London Knights in the OHL the last ten years, I've seen a *lot* of Knights hockey on TV. Now I thought I'd seen some great saves in that place, but nothing and I mean nothing will ever top that in the Amazingly Incredable Saves Dept History of that building.

I wish they'd decided to w/draw and allow Fabian the proper time needed for his Groin to heal. Just ask Elvis Stokjo about skating on a severely injured groin when he shouldn't have. I get they wanted to be here, but was the risk really worth it?

Also before anyone else brings it up....I said last night somewhere around here, but I'm sure it was in here, there's a big difference between Fabian's comeback and Kaitlyn's. Yes, Kaitlyn had a horrific injury, *but* hers only concerned bone and bone does heal faster than anything to do w/a severe injury to ligaments, tendons, nerves and muscles. When you've got a rare Orthopedic condition, which I've since discovered is actually an extremely rare form of Dwarfism, you tend to build up a wealth of unwanted knowledge about stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I'm thrilled too that they aren't gonna go generic. Think they've decided they'd rather change the sport, and have the massive respect worldwide, than play it safe just to win. That's boring and forgettable they wanna do something like Carmen again that will be talked about and remembered for years to come. I gotta respect that. Judges don't get it, oh well they've always been slow to clue in.
    Same here. As much as I'd love them to win another Worlds and Olympics, what they're trying to do out there on the ice will push the sport forward and be remembered and respected. That lasts longer than the titles and medals IMO.

vCash
    I just watched the FD and I thought it was absolutely amazing. I don't know if it was their best performance or not but it completely moved me. And they were so breathtaking! Tessa should have worn that dress the entire season--so beautiful. I'm so proud of them and I love them so much and I wish them the best for next season.

Ioana thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I was very sad too, especially when I couldn't get home in time so was following along here. I know they love Marina too much to leave her, but I really wish they would just evaluate their situation.

So happy for Kaitlyn and Andrew, but felt awful for P/B too. Also felt bad for C/L cuz they had to follow Tessa and Scott lol. I really love the V/M family here, you guys are amazing!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Also, while I'm incredibly proud of what they've achieved, I'm still terribly disappointed in what happened this week. From the stupid rumours about Tessa's problems and the added stress, to their mistakes in the SD, and to the way their beautiful programs have been perceived by the judges. Especially Carmen. The judges had the chance to give them the win in the FD and yet they didn't. 9,96 for Notre Dame in choreo says it all, I think. It's what they want ice dance to look like. This is the winning style. And if so, Tessa and Scott don't stand a chance next season. I just hope they stay true to themselves and continue on this path of artistic improvement which will be remembered, I'm sure.

Does this mean we should prepare ourselves for POTO 3.0 to win gold in Sochi?

Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    I really love the V/M family here, you guys are amazing!
    Yea, love the V/M family here too. Different people, ages, languages, nationalities, (not to mention different levels of appreciation/indifference/and yes for some posters even hate for their chief rivals ), but for me it is nice to come here and be part of a net community who loves VM as much as I do. You guys do talk a lot. I am like behind 20 pages or something.

vCash
    Some lady on the SC FB page claims she's Tessa's grandma and she knew her knee was hurting and she said Scott stays in their trailer park? She also asks them to send her tickets one day. At first I was like what the hell? But I'm pretty sure it was someone trolling…I don't even know what to say lol.

vCash
    Ah wow, shades of a future coach?

vCash
    I thought that was a fantastic performance for them. The ending was especially effective. And I LOVE how intense Scott was. If there is a direction I would like for them to take, it'd be for a dance (short or free--their pick) where Scott was thematically the focal point.

I am hugely relieved they will continue next season. I am spending a bunch of money to go to Skate Canada on the other end of the country. I wanna see Tessa and Scott live one more time. I have the entire summer to learn how to record video on my Galaxy Nexus and upload videos on Youtube. It will be my mission to capture everything about their new programs. That and check out the Anne of Green Gable site.
    Last edited by manhn; 03-17-2013 at 09:38 AM.

vCash
    Good morning everyone! I really can't talk much - i just can say - I'M SO PROUD, I'M SO PROUD!! I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE PROUD OF THEM!

Anyways, my vote for next thread too is ROARRR

Guys, it's my 1st season with you all and with V/M actually. I've watched fs since I was little, but I'm V/M fan since this summer.

I can say only - IT HAS BEEN THE BEST YEAR OF MY LIFE! I'M PROUD, I'M SO PROUD TO BE THEIR FAN!

vCash
    Hi guys, THANK YOU for making this thread so amazing with so much valuable insight, reports, and most of all, with so much LOOOOOVE for Tessa and Scott!
    I just watch the FD couple of times and I loved it! They were on fire! Loved every bit of it!!!!
    Regardless of the outcome, they were definitively the big winners yesterday. At least to me.
    What I like the most of this program is how much it has allowed VM to GROW, as dancers and as athletes. The have risked so much this season, and it has all being worth it. The could had gone the usual, sweet-hearthish way and won this since easily. But no, they wanted more. "Carmen" challenged specifically Tessa's personality. It must have been so hard to be so provocative, seductive and...bitchy (as a part of the character. No insult intended, I hope you know what I mean) on the ice. I love how supportive and protective Scott has been along the way with her. And this is just the beginning!!! I cannot wait to see what the result of this growth is going to bring next season!!!!!
    It is so hard to put in words how proud, inspired, moved I feel by these two. Tessa, Scott, you have enrich my life so much by your art! Thank you for skating with so much heart and love and for honoring, without reserves, your amazing talent and connection!

And yes, ROOARRRRR (however you want to spell it), ought to be the next thread title!!!

vCash
    I want to echo the sentiment on that pep talk, thanks for the short transcription tapper88!!

What really gets me is not only the words but Scott's calm reassuring demeanor. Nobody knows the pressure, stress and nerves Tessa was under better than him and he was there to give Tessa his full support. I think their relationship transcends more than a partnership and more than a romance or even family. I can't explain it but I wish I have someone like Scott in my life to give me that kind of pep talk, but of course it would only work from someone I trust completely and I know Tessa trusts Scott 100%.

I was a bit nervous because it looked like they were taking extra long to take position, but as soon as I saw Tessa gave Scott that wink I know it's done, they will bring it.

vCash
    Hi< guys, did i miss something? Was press-conference and medal ceremony video posted?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Some lady on the SC FB page claims she's Tessa's grandma and she knew her knee was hurting and she said Scott stays in their trailer park? She also asks them to send her tickets one day. At first I was like what the hell? But I'm pretty sure it was someone trolling…I don't even know what to say lol.
    What a crazy people Tessa didnt have knee injury.

Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast