Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I meant leave Canton, not the sport! I think we could've still had Carmen, if they had chosen to work with Swan. It's totally unlike other Marina programs.
    Makes sense now!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_gerbil View Post
    Amazing is the perfect word for it. So much control there to be able to do all of that.

I love how they just build speed out of nothing and how much distance they cover with each stroke.
    exactly. there is speed and there is power. not the same thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    I'm glad they didn't because we would have missed out on Carmen.

I think this season is just a bump in the road for them. Assuming everyone stays healthy, Tessa and Scott are going to come roaring back next season. They have too much fight in them not to.
    I agree, and I love your choice of words
    They are one of the greats, and I know that they will be able to push the sport even further next year. I can't wait

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    They are one of the greats, and I know that they will be able to push the sport even further next year. I can't wait
    Well said Mel! And I'm glad to read that they're not planning on going back to just romantic programs.

vCash
    Just trying to catch upon everyone comments. You guys are such a fountain of info. and details I love it thanks. They were so wonderful today it brought tears to my eyes. they knew they couldn't win and they just did it for them and it was beautiful. They have such an amazing connection, so much love and respect for one another it radiates throught the screen it's something you can not fake. I just loved the ROAR! LOL it must be the new title. It shocked me at first but it's awesome. Wish they could've won the FD I thought they deserved it but..Man I am gonna miss them so bad.

Big huge congrats to W/P! Brilliant. I loved both programs. Magic. Thank you for even trying to come back.
    Congrats to B/S I have loved the FD all year, and I haven't enjoyed many I'll tell ya. Not the best performance of the season but well deserved.
    Broken hearted for P/B 6th is just....crushing. I feel for them. I think they thought they had to compete, but I wonder if it would've been wiser to sit it out. Not sure what will happen to them from here but I love them and I wish them well.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Just rewatched the FD... so many things to love not just the performance itself,

Scott's pep talk, Tessa's wink at Scott right before they take their starting position, Tessa's SMOKIN' new dress, Scott's ROOOOARRRW, the stability of their lifts, the intensity of their facial expressions during the footwork... and my favorite of them all, Tessa delivered the bitch stare that could give SkaryBabs a run of her money.

Even though it's not the result Tessa and Scott and the fans were hoping for, it's still a performance they can be proud of!

ROAAAAAAARW

ROAAAAAAR was my favorite part!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post

ROAAAAAAR was my favorite part!
    On twitter, someone thought it was someone in the audience lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Well said Mel! And I'm glad to read that they're not planning on going back to just romantic programs.
    I'm thrilled too that they aren't gonna go generic. Think they've decided they'd rather change the sport, and have the massive respect worldwide, than play it safe just to win. That's boring and forgettable they wanna do something like Carmen again that will be talked about and remembered for years to come. I gotta respect that. Judges don't get it, oh well they've always been slow to clue in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    I'm thrilled too that they aren't gonna go generic. Think they've decided they'd rather change the sport, and have the massive respect worldwide, than play it safe just to win. That's boring and forgettable they wanna do something like Carmen again that will be talked about and remembered for years to come. I gotta respect that. Judges don't get it, oh well they've always been slow to clue in.

vCash
    Just trying to catch upon everyone comments. You guys are such a fountain of info. and details I love it thanks. They were so wonderful today it brought tears to my eyes. they knew they couldn't win and they just did it for them and it was beautiful. They have such an amazing connection, so much love and respect for one another it radiates throught the screen it's something you can not fake. I just loved the ROAR! LOL it must be the new title. It shocked me at first but it's awesome. Wish they could've won the FD I thought they deserved it but..Man I am gonna miss them so bad.

Big huge congrats to W/P! Brilliant. I loved both programs. Magic. Thank you for even trying to come back.
    Congrats to B/S I have loved the FD all year, and I haven't enjoyed many I'll tell ya. Not the best performance of the season but well deserved.
    Broken hearted for P/B 6th is just....crushing. I feel for them. I think they thought they had to compete, but I wonder if it would've been wiser to sit it out. Not sure what will happen to them from here but I love them and I wish them well.

I, too, am so happy they are committed to pushing themselves further. While I imagine they will take a more conservative approach than they did this year, I know they will manage to contribute more to the sport of ice dance. They are a once-in-a-generation team, and I feel so lucky to be a spectator. The purity of their blade is unmatched, and their quality of movement is exquisite. Our Living Legends indeed

vCash

Seriously,

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    The huge mistake is Scott saying that, they need to open their eyes & stop beating around the bush & go & find out WTF is going on, sick of this BS crap & everyone being politically correct. PC fell on his ass 3 times & won & he should NOT have won.
    Now T&S are marked way too low for a fabulous program that is heads & tails ahead of D&W & they get screwed over...this is not good Scott get a clue..
    Please do us all a favor and stop spewing this garbage. The points system is cumulative. Patrick is the only favorite who managed to step up to the plate in the short. It is not his fault that he set himself up with a huge margin for the fs and it is not his fault he managed to do the highest scoring tricks in the long to cushion his score before taking a few falls. Ten had his chance and made mistakes.

This situation is completely different from the crap that was seen in the ice dance. I wonder if the judges even know what they are looking for in the dance event. I really wish they had kept the cd to show just how big some of the dancers are able to skate and the speed they are able to maintain in relation to the size of their tracing. Apparently these judges need some sort of measuring device to remind them of what good skating looks like.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    On twitter, someone thought it was someone in the audience lol.
    i thought it was the audience at first as well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I wish they had left last year... I always said I wanted them to leave while on top.
    When Igor and Marina ended their partnership, I was secretly wishing that V/M would go to Igor (even though I hate his choreography) when they didn't immediately come out to say they were staying put (unlike the American teams) although deep down I knew that it was not going to happen.

I've said this prevoiusly and I'll say it again...I've always held the belief that the top 2 dance teams in the world should never be coached by the same coaching team. Marina can talk all she wants about giving both teams equal chances, but I don't think it's possible for her to serve both teams' best interests equally. Beyond the programs, what does she say to the judges behind the scene (and we all know they do). She can't exactly say:

1) D/W is not really fast, the choreography incorporates many simpler strokes to get that speed, and the busy choreography was designed to give the appearance of difficulty. Just look at the larger CD patterns of V/M (therefore better power) and if V/M did the same steps as D/W, it would be even faster.
    2) D/W is able to skate more cleanly because their twizzles are always the same, spins the same, lifts the same (or variations that are not radically different in technique),...., they don't really position their cores beyond a very small area
    3) NDDP is in the same vein as POTO

or, on the other hand, make critical remarks of V/M...

Even Igor, in an interview back in 2008, admitted that he does not accept elite, similarly ranked, ice dance teams when approached.

Perhaps V/M knows what works best for them (ie, training in the current environment) and the rest of us are way off-base, but I've lived long enough to know that sometimes when you are too close to a situation, you can't really see things that an outsider can see.

Nonetheless, no matter what they decide, I will always cherish their skating and what they have contributed to the sport. I think they are a once-in-a-generation dance team and I'm so looking forward to seeing them skate for one more year.

vCash

They are a once-in-a-generation team, and I feel so lucky to be a spectator. The purity of their blade is unmatched, and their quality of movement is exquisite. Our Living Legends indeed
    LOL, can't believe I used the exact same adjective as you to describe them (and that was before reading your post).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    Sadly, that's too true and one of the things that holds me back from enjoying their skating. For what you said about the Judging today...Gang, I think we have this Generation's Dance program equal to Tracy Wilson and Rob McCall's Ragtime Free Skate from 87/88. For years and even now I still think, the ISU used that as the example of what a first class and true Free Dance should be and an example of how they wanted Ice Dance to develop. We all know what really happened though for the next ten years.

I have a funny feeling Tessa and Scott's Carmen has just joined Elite Syncopations in that category.

Sadly, ITA and I really wish I didn't.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't the Isu state that Scott and Tessa were exactly what the cop was being designed for, that they wanted skating like theirs to be the model for the new system when it was under development? This means that being a well rounded skaters should get them bronze next year a la Wilson and McCall circa 1988. Rob McCall is known to be one of the most amazing skaters to have ever step foot on Olympic ice, just as many in this thread believe v/m are the most fabulous skaters to have ever danced their little hearts out for the world to see.

vCash
    The ISU lies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    When Igor and Marina ended their partnership, I was secretly wishing that V/M would go to Igor (even though I hate his choreography) when they didn't immediately come out to say they were staying put (unlike the American teams) although deep down I knew that it was not going to happen.

I've said this prevoiusly and I'll say it again...I've always held the belief that the top 2 dance teams in the world should never be coached by the same coaching team. Marina can talk all she wants about giving both teams equal chances, but I don't think it's possible for her to serve both teams' best interests equally. Beyond the programs, what does she say to the judges behind the scene (and we all know they do). She can't exactly say:

1) D/W is not really fast, the choreography incorporates many simpler strokes to get that speed, and the busy choreography was designed to give the appearance of difficulty. Just look at the larger CD patterns of V/M (therefore better power) and if V/M did the same steps as D/W, it would be even faster.
    2) D/W is able to skate more cleanly because their twizzles are always the same, spins the same, lifts the same (or variations that are not radically different in technique),...., they don't really position their cores beyond a very small area
    3) NDDP is in the same vein as POTO

or, on the other hand, make critical remarks of V/M...

Even Igor, in an interview back in 2008, admitted that he does not accept elite, similarly ranked, ice dance teams when approached.

Perhaps V/M knows what works best for them (ie, training in the current environment) and the rest of us are way off-base, but I've lived long enough to know that sometimes when you are too close to a situation, you can't really see things that an outsider can see.

Nonetheless, no matter what they decide, I will always cherish their skating and what they have contributed to the sport. I think they are a once-in-a-generation dance team and I'm so looking forward to seeing them skate for one more year.
    While I think Charlie has improved artistically this season, I tend to agree with most of what you say. V&M had fewer chances to gain speed in their program due to the difficulty of the transitions. and thank you for mentioning core position. This is so important. Look at how far Tessa and Scott position their limbs, their hips, etc. from their centre axis, and how they adjust their cores accordingly. No one comes close to them in that respect. They immerse themselves completely in the movement, yet maintain complete control over everything they do. It really is astounding.

eta: lol, ddtpdx, I just read your other post. We seem to be on the same wavelength

vCash
    The ISU lies
    you mean they leis. and I hear they are chain smokers...

vCash
    I still can't believe Marina gave that interview right after the SD. That one definitely pissed me off.

vCash
    I have to say, the "pep talk" Scott gave Tessa right before they went was so cute. I have a big tv and after watching it a couple of times, managed to pick up the words, "Let's do this, me and you, it's just me and you out there. We can do this. Here we go." I just thought that was so, so sweet. We've seen Tessa calm Scott so much, so it's nice to see him offer her so much comfort and wisdom. Whatever kind of love you want to call it, they love each other so much.

I also loved the interaction at the end, with two hugs! So sweet. I think they are happy with their performance and are probably celebrating with their families tonight! Or "family" as they've referred to it.

I wonder what their Gala program is? It could be new because SOI is right around the corner!

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast