Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post

Interview with Zhulin.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/517_aleksand...pozdravlyayut/

About V-M.

Its google translation, sory.
    Love that, love his comments about I&K, and love that he could not explain the judging.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I don't think that is fair. For whatever reason v/m have struggled all season but davis and white haven't. They have 2 different styles i must say i loved seeing carmen live today but can hardly wait to watch my tspe.
    D/W had no reason to struggle, they have a program that has a number of elements that they have recycled from other programs. Less elements to learn = easier program to skate, not as difficult to add expression when there isn't as much to learn. V/M however started late cause Carmen was supposed to be their SD initially but that got changed to the FD so both of their programs got a late start. Both their programs are full of new elements that have been changed, tinkered and at times totally revamped. When you're busy still learning the elements, it takes a bit longer to get the expression right. I thought V/M did amazing and think the wrong team won the FD.
    Crazy about sports!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    I vote for ROAAAAR!
    roar or rawr is perfect
    or phwoar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    That probably and they were thinking a little too much. The biggest problem was with the spin. I didn't what was happening there. But their french teammates were certainly loud for them! Fabolie is Fabian's new name people!

I was thinking he may have walked out of the K&C due to the pain? I agree with you, they were overthing due to the missed training time. I hope they bounce back soon. I'm also happy for B&S. I loved their FD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    roar or rawr is perfect
    or phwoar
    i love those!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I don't think that is fair. For whatever reason v/m have struggled all season but davis and white haven't. They have 2 different styles i must say i loved seeing carmen live today but can hardly wait to watch my tspe.
    The only place V/M have struggled and D/W didn't was on paper, in the marks, and those marks did not reflect what the two teams actually did. Those marks reflected politics, plain and simple. Of course, at the beginning of the season it was going to take V/M awhile to learn their program because they were doing somehing new with all new elements. D/W did what was basically the same program for the fifth year in a row.

vCash
    lol, i love walei's idea about consulting with a speed skater

speaking of speed, i have to say that I just don't get how V/M do what they do. They can stop on a dime, and gain speed instantaneously. They vary their speed better than any other team, which indicates the utmost control over their blades and their entire bodies. AMAZING

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    speaking of speed, i have to say that I just don't get how V/M do what they do. They can stop on a dime, and gain speed instantaneously. They vary their speed better than any other team, which indicates the utmost control over their blades and their entire bodies. AMAZING

vCash
    Oh oh oh, we have some really good short track skaters here in Canada. Seem to recall they won gold medals in Vancouver and are winning some this season on the circuit. This young man would be my choice for teaching them.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Thanks pezazz for your thoughts on the FD and Ioana on the press conference. I've had some time to cool down, but I'm still so very upset. I want Tessa and Scott to leave Canton so bad; I wish and want it with every fiber of my body. Not necessarily because they lost, but because we can see how this "rivalry" is starting to affect them. It's not good that their closest rivals know everything about them. I can't help feeling that D/W knew how much pressure Tessa and Scott have been under (and I think they even alluded to it in a new article). I also want them away from Marina--don't even get me started on why.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I wish they had left last year... I always said I wanted them to leave while on top.

vCash
    Just rewatched the FD... so many things to love not just the performance itself,

Scott's pep talk, Tessa's wink at Scott right before they take their starting position, Tessa's SMOKIN' new dress, Scott's ROOOOARRRW, the stability of their lifts, the intensity of their facial expressions during the footwork... and my favorite of them all, Tessa delivered the bitch stare that could give SkaryBabs a run of her money.

Even though it's not the result Tessa and Scott and the fans were hoping for, it's still a performance they can be proud of!

ROAAAAAAARW

vCash
    Carmen is such a great FD it will be on my all time favourites forever! Tessa and Scott were sublime.
    pug lover

vCash
    Just rewatched the FD... so many things to love not just the performance itself,

Scott's pep talk, Tessa's wink at Scott right before they take their starting position, Tessa's SMOKIN' new dress, Scott's ROOOOARRRW, the stability of their lifts, the intensity of their facial expressions during the footwork... and my favorite of them all, Tessa delivered the bitch stare that could give SkaryBabs a run of her money.

Even though it's not the result Tessa and Scott and the fans were hoping for, it's still a performance they can be proud of!

ROAAAAAAARW
    This, lol.
    I am so glad they gave the ice dance world Carmen. I am just in awe of that program. genius.

and thank you so much for the article and translation, pani.

vCash
    Also I'm glad Russians love and appreciate them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post

Interview with Zhulin.
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/517_aleksand...pozdravlyayut/

About V-M.
    one word about Zhulin's comments of V/M: priceless!

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    lol, i love walei's idea about consulting with a speed skater

Amazing is the perfect word for it. So much control there to be able to do all of that.

I love how they just build speed out of nothing and how much distance they cover with each stroke.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I wish they had left last year... I always said I wanted them to leave while on top.
    I'm glad they didn't because we would have missed out on Carmen.

I think this season is just a bump in the road for them. Assuming everyone stays healthy, Tessa and Scott are going to come roaring back next season. They have too much fight in them not to.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    I'm glad they didn't because we would have missed out on Carmen.

I think this season is just a bump in the road for them. Assuming everyone stays healthy, Tessa and Scott are going to come roaring back next season. They have too much fight in them not to.
    I meant leave Canton, not the sport! I think we could've still had Carmen, if they had chosen to work with Swan. It's totally unlike other Marina programs.

ITA with the second paragraph.

vCash

ROAAAAAAARW
    This is the program that will stand the test of time as the best thing to come out of ice dance in 2013. Sometimes it just takes time and reflection for people to see greatness, it isn't always recognized as it's happening because people don't always get what they are witnessing. I realized that myself years after 2002 Pairs when I finally looked at B&S's program with new eyes.

Carmen is the of 2013. ROARRRR indeed!

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast