Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    interesting quote from V/M:

“We have a good connection and I think we showed that very well in Carmen, but in a different way, but I think there are some figure skating people who weren’t on our level maybe, didn’t agree with it. But we’ll see what we can make next year. We’re not going back to the classic Virtue and Moir that everyone wants either, because we’re older and more mature now. We’ll have something special next year.”

source:
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle9854135/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post

“We have a good connection and I think we showed that very well in Carmen, but in a different way, but I think there are some figure skating people who weren’t on our level maybe, didn’t agree with it. But we’ll see what we can make next year. We’re not going back to the classic Virtue and Moir that everyone wants either, because we’re older and more mature now. We’ll have something special next year.”

source:
    YES!!!!! Good for them. So PROUD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post
    Preach it people!

I logged on for a moment to see how V&M did in the FD. I'm happy they had the performance they wanted to have in front of the home crowd and happy that for the first time in a long long time we were able to see a program like Carmen.

But ITA about not being happy about many things and as for just being happy to see Carmen? Again it is a brilliant program but all the struggle that went along with it may keep the skating community in general from truly appreciating what team V&M created this season even if we fans love it and recognize the creation of a signature piece for Tessa and Scott.

But this is a competition. I don't know of any other team or fans of another team who are constantly told to disregard the fact that at the end of the day this is still a competition. I'm glad that publicly V&M managed to hold their heads up high but if they didn't care at all about the competitive aspect they wouldn't still be doing what they do. They wouldn't still be killing themselves, putting more strain on Tessa's legs making changes to get those levels. Given that the judges have their own agenda it's time to go back to what worked. The ISU does not want or appreciate programs like Carmen at the moment. And yes V&M need to get the heck out of Canton.

Thank goodness the season is over (I'm glad to see it end) and congratulations to Tessa and Scott for skating well and for picking up their 6th consecutive World medal.
    I hear you. I was watching vintage D/W yesterday and I started to think about a time when the placements were certain, the coaches still together and the teams closer off of the ice. I would dearly love it if the past could be the present but time and competition just doesn't work that way. To be truthful I was not crazy about Carmen. I didn't dislike it---there are other V/M pieces I liked and loved a lot more. But I get it: They want to create and stretch and experiment and that is fantastic. And I don't want to pigeonhole them but Dear God if any team understands the chemistry of romantic love it is them. If I had my choice I would want them to head in that direction next year. Inevitably if you love both teams you will be thrilled for one team and sad for the other. It's a weird feeling. But my hats off to V/M: They skated beautifully and held their heads high, surrounded by the people who love them the most. I hope the folks here who are upset are not giving up on ice dance. V/M aren't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    As about Tessa in pain. Guys, did you saw warm-up? Scott stay on ice along, wen Tessa sitting out of ice and did something with her leg
    You have no idea what was going on or what is in her head. As a Tessa and Scott fan I take offense to your constant insinuation that there is something wrong with her and she is being dragged along by Scott to compete.

I was so happy with their skate tonight. They were fabulous and so happy for them that they had that skate tonight.

vCash

“We have a good connection and I think we showed that very well in Carmen, but in a different way, but I think there are some figure skating people who weren’t on our level maybe, didn’t agree with it. But we’ll see what we can make next year. We’re not going back to the classic Virtue and Moir that everyone wants either, because we’re older and more mature now. We’ll have something special next year.

source:

ooooooh! i wonder what they will do next year! i was afraid that they were gonna go back to mahler style programs for the olympics, but im glad that they're sticking to their guns and still continue to stretch their artistry, even in the olympic year

vCash

source:
    Yes hooray! Fight the system kids!

vCash
    As someone who's not a fan, but thinks they are a quality team, I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope they get the hell away from Canton.

They deserve better.

vCash
    They do deserve better, but they appear to be so loyal to Marina, it seems unlikely that they would make a move in their last competitive year.

vCash
    I heard Tessa left the ice momentarily. It could have been for anything. Anything at all.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    They do deserve better, but they appear to be so loyal to Marina, it seems unlikely that they would make a move in their last competitive year.
    Well that might depend on how badly they want to be Olympic Champs because it sure looks like it's not gong to happen with Marina. They need to be training some place where they are the ONLY top dog and away from a couple that has seen what works and copies it.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    im thinking that since they already had an olympic gold in their hands, they're gonna challenge themselves more by winning with a FD that's out of the box at least by their standards and norm, rather than winning the games by resting on their laurels. good on them! i just hope that they come up with a more cohesive and convincing SD next year.

vCash
    here's the CBC coverage of the FD without commentary (it doesn't appear to be geoblocked - at least not for me).

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...rtue-moir.html

vCash
    did scott utter a loud growl as he did the kick at the beginning?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    yes he did
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    Yes he did, lol.

vCash
    Yes and it was epic. "ROARRRR!"

vCash

source:
    WOW. Thats why i love thgem - never give up. And who if not V-M will show something out of the box?
    I proud of them!

You have no idea what was going on or what is in her head. As a Tessa and Scott fan I take offense to your constant insinuation that there is something wrong with her and she is being dragged along by Scott to compete.
    Sorry, just think its werid Scott did warm-up along.

vCash
    it does appear that they did the program with more deliberate expression in their movements and even on their stroking on ice. i wouldnt describe it as being more cautious, but just being more deliberate and forceful.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Yes and it was epic. "ROARRRR!"
    Epic indeed! You go Scotty! I loved it can't wait to rewatch it.

vCash
    The lifts were unbelievable, all of them. The step sequences were the best they skated all season, especially the diagonal, and I was shocked they didn't get a level 4 for it. But, again, I was not there. Mostly, though, I loved their attack and how focused they were the whole time. They weren't slow at all? They just seemed to make sure to deliberately end each movement adding more detail, as if to show off their finishing lines.

I am so happy they will continue to take risks and that no matter what everyone wants, they continue to pursue their own vision of ice dance. So damn proud of them.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast