Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

vCash
    As about Tessa in pain. Guys, did you saw warm-up? Scott stay on ice along, wen Tessa sitting out of ice and did something with her leg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AragornElessar View Post
    You forgot the Pairs.

Oh that shit too, it has all been a joke, but if T&S don't want to face it & get some guts & say something then good on them, they can leave the sport with the Silver medal next year Sochi, personally I don't give a crap anymore......

vCash
    I think this was a pressure filled World's for them, much more than in the past. I think it was a big relief for them to skate this program the way it was meant to be skated. I noticed a few bobbles here and there, but it didn't impact the performance and how it was received by the crowd. They were great, the crowd loved it and their relief was palpable. It's not been a fantastic year for them, but they took risks with Carmen and I think it will benefit them going into the Olympic year.

To be fair, charlie and Meryl skated very well and everyone knew that if they skated cleanly they would win with such a big cushion going in to the free. The win was not given to them, they really worked that program... and I say that preferring V/M.

On the whole though, I haven't enjoyed a lot of the marking going on... from the dance short, to the pairs free (that was the worst, IMHO), to the men's long and some marking here in the dance free... judges have found a way to do what we had hoped was gone...

vCash
    Oh, please, she was stretching it as she always does. Look, I know her leg problems aren't going away and she's managing them, but today I did not see a girl in pain. I am not seeing a girl in pain right now. And before you tell me that she didn't seem in pain during the OG, well, they won there, she blocked it out. Here, though, they lost and yet, see the way she's smiling.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Oh that shit too, it has all been a joke, but if T&S don't want to face it & get some guts & say something then good on them, they can leave the sport with the Silver medal next year Sochi, personally I don't give a crap anymore......
    Well, I am sure V-M are shattered by your decision.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Also I need to say this. The cowards sending nasty PMs to VM fans need to grow a pair and say it in here. You know who you are.

vCash
    Preach it people!

I logged on for a moment to see how V&M did in the FD. I'm happy they had the performance they wanted to have in front of the home crowd and happy that for the first time in a long long time we were able to see a program like Carmen.

But ITA about not being happy about many things and as for just being happy to see Carmen? Again it is a brilliant program but all the struggle that went along with it may keep the skating community in general from truly appreciating what team V&M created this season even if we fans love it and recognize the creation of a signature piece for Tessa and Scott.

But this is a competition. I don't know of any other team or fans of another team who are constantly told to disregard the fact that at the end of the day this is still a competition. I'm glad that publicly V&M managed to hold their heads up high but if they didn't care at all about the competitive aspect they wouldn't still be doing what they do. They wouldn't still be killing themselves, putting more strain on Tessa's legs making changes to get those levels.

Given that the judges have their own agenda it's time to go back to what worked. The ISU does not want or appreciate programs like Carmen at the moment. And yes V&M need to get the heck out of Canton.

Thank goodness the season is over (I'm glad to see it end) and congratulations to Tessa and Scott for skating well and for picking up their 6th consecutive World medal.

vCash
    After the SD, the odds were against them, so I think they did as well as they could under the circumstances. Here's what could have happened: the pressure gets to them, they are shaky, they lose focus, they mess up some elements, they make obvious mistakes, they skate cautiously, and lose with a huge gap in FD scores. Here's what did happen: they embraced the hometown audience, they were solid and focused, they attacked the program with fierce power, they did all their elements well, they got a season's best, they gave a program that the audience loved, they were not too far behind for the FD score, and they made themselves proud. And now they can go and work towards that Olympic goal. I think they're better at being the chasers than the chased.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ofdarkness View Post
    After the SD, the odds were against them, so I think they did as well as they could under the circumstances. Here's what could have happened: the pressure gets to them, they are shaky, they lose focus, they mess up some elements, they make obvious mistakes, they skate cautiously, and lose with a huge gap in FD scores. Here's what did happen: they embraced the hometown audience, they were solid and focused, they attacked the program with fierce power, they did all their elements well, they got a season's best, they gave a program that the audience loved, they were not too far behind for the FD score, and they made themselves proud. And now they can go and work towards that Olympic goal. I think they're better at being the chasers than the chased.
    Damn right.

vCash
    LoVE this. Can someone post the FD please?

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r25OI887-LA

supposedly the video but youtube put me in html5 trial for this one. i might have to wait for other uploads.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmen Ovsiannikov View Post

But this is a competition. I don't know of any other team or fans of another team who are constantly told to disregard the fact that at the end of the day this is still a competition.
    To be fair I've always found the D/W ubers pretty good at celebrating Meryl and Charlie and finding the silver lining in the cloud, regardless of outcome. Happy to take a page from their book today.

Hear hear.

vCash
    Tessa and Scott were a little cautious tonight and taking their time, I think they would have needed a bit more speed overall to be able to win the free dance. But I am really really proud of V/M for coming back so strong after what must have been quite a disappointing SD performance for them. Tessa's body looked gorgeous in her new Carmen dress.

vCash
    They weren't slow on my TV/computer but I have a really good connection. Maybe an upgrade will help?

vCash
    I must say, this was camera work, because D-W wasnt fast at SS too on my TV.

How we could send message to V-M, that it was epic FD?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    They weren't slow on my TV/computer but I have a really good connection. Maybe an upgrade will help?
    Same with my computer. They had fabulous ice coverage. Awesome job!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Sylvia posted this article (an excerpt from an icenetwork about ladiezzz):

... Marina Zoueva, coach of the two top ice dance teams in the world, has already plotted her pupils' courses next season, at least when it comes to their music.

"Yes, I have the music picked out," Zoueva said of programs for Meryl Davis and Charlie White, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir, and Maia Shibutani and Alex Shibutani. "Some of the skaters know it, and some don't."

Asked how many selections she listened to, to help decide, Zoueva looked perplexed.

"I don't have to listen to music," she said, and then gestured to her head. "I have it all in here."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post

supposedly the video but youtube put me in html5 trial for this one. i might have to wait for other uploads.
    Thanks so much for that. It was the first time I saw the performance.

It was the best performance of the season overall.
    Other than the end of the set of twizzles, I thought everything else was better than previous performances.
    In particular, these were the things that really stood out as improved:
    -the combo lift
    -both SS (their edges were so clear that I'm surprised they did not get L4)

I do think the new dress highlights her amazing lines better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post

THANKS so much. They were fabulous, ON FIRE!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    THANKS so much. They were fabulous, ON FIRE!!
    They were which is why I'm so confused by some of the GOE they received -- level ones!!!!

And the PCS, there's no damn way V/M's should have been lower than D/W -- at least not from what I saw while watching on TV. V/M were NOT slow, regardless of what some people thought. What it was, was them finishing their moves before going onto the next one -- unlike other teams who competed today.
    Crazy about sports!

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast