Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    that was one of my thoughts exactly. this season reminded me of that time in a/p's career: losing to a team that was all about speed and less finish, had a FD that was a bit adventurous at that time, and with an OD that they struggled with the entire season.

i do hope v/m wins it all again next year, but they have to come up with a really strong SD as one poster suggested. that's how a/p managed the SLC season. they went all out to really outdo their OD after being slammed for it in the 01 season. however, the tango/flamenco combo played more to a/p's strengths than i think the finnstep SD will to v/m's. im worried that the finnstep plays more to d/w's strengths since it's the kind of dance that's less on edgework and more on the toepicks. something that team d/w with healthier legs can bring right out of the gate. if the ISU/olympic committee chose a blues type of SD or something that focused more on edgework, it would've played more to v/m's strengths.
    Honestly i see a big V-M problems with SD because they didnt like this SD idea This season they said many times they hate polka. So they hate polka and polka hated them
    So for mading good SD for next season (if they will compete) i think they need to love, what they will do - finnstep. And then things could go much better for them/
    I only worry, that finnstep very hard for Tessas legs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Honestly i see a big V-M problems with SD because they didnt like this SD idea This season they said many times they hate polka. So they hate polka and polka hated them
    So for mading good SD for next season (if they will compete) i think they need to love, what they will do - finnstep. And then things could go much better for them/
    i agree that they need to love whatever SD they're required to do, but if they're not healthy enough to do it, they might not love it as much as they could, unfortunately. they might end up working around the highlight pattern, the way they did with the polka and focusing on the other combo dance. it's okay, but it ends up being less convincing of an SD in the judges' eyes.

vCash
    i agree that they need to love whatever SD they're required to do, but if they're not healthy enough to do it, they might not love it as much as they could, unfortunately. they might end up working around the highlight pattern, the way they did with the polka and focusing on the other combo dance. it's okay, but it ends up being less convincing of an SD in the judges' eyes.
    I think they want to show in this season CD theye bigger skating, edges, lines. Thats why they choose waltez. And i think at Nationals and 4CC this SD looked great.
    But for next season they need to have inpact programs before first competition at GP. And SC need to work better and High perfomance Camp

vCash
    I think they want to show in this season CD theye bigger skating, edges, lines. Thats why they choose waltez. And i think at Nationals and 4CC this SD looked great.
    But for next season they need to have inpact programs before first competition at GP. And SC need to work better and High perfomance Camp
    yes they focused on the waltz, but that's not what the judges wanted. they wanted the pattern dance to be the highlight in the SD, instead of the other way around. i think that's why their sd has not been rewarded as well as d/w's which has the polka as the highlight section, that's the message the judges are sending out to the teams.

it's similar to what happened between a/p and f-p/m in the 2000-2002 seasons. a/p always excelled in the FD, but less so in the OD. it was the reverse with the italians. come 01 season, the judges wanted more ballroom style dances especially for the ODs, and that's why a/p struggled with the OD in 01 since they tended to do mini-FDs for their ODs. didnt some of the posters here described v/m's current SD to having that mini-FD feel? i dont think that's what the judges wanted.

vCash
    So stressed about today
    Right now I'm playing V/M polka on my piano to get better mood.
    It doesn't work.
    Sh*t.

I'm so sorry for this random post.

vCash
    Totally! I think this was a huge, huge part of the problem this season. You may not love a dance, you're not going to connect with every dance, but you've got to find a way to embrace it regardless. Pretending the main component of the OD doesn't exist is not the way forward. I hope it's been a lesson learned for the Finnstep.

vCash
    part of it too, on the marketing/psych side of things, is that v/m--well scott mostly--expressed their dislike for polka way too frankly even before the season began, and that could've affected the judges' perceptions of their programs as well. they could've been a bit more diplomatic of of their dislike for the program. as what one korean show touted, "i need to be honest with what i say, but i could say things less too frankly"

vCash
    New dress? ISU didnt like Carmen dress too?
    Well now that she has this new one I have to admit that I didn't like the old one. So much black seems to swallow her--she is so fair. I like the new dress very much.

vCash
    I'm loving the new dress and think it matches Scott's outfit better than the old dress.

I hope they skate their hearts out tonight and win or lose, they'll always be champions to me (sorry if you just vomited from my cheesy sentiments ). More than anything, I want them to skate a program they can be proud of and share with their hometown.

vCash
    Love the new dress, loved the old one too, but this one does have a more streamlined, modern aesthetic, I think it matches more what they are trying to achieve with the choreography, and it goes better with Scott's costume. Wonderful posts all of you who have made about the judging system - you've hit the nail on the head about our frustrations about what is and is not rewarded. Their training environment, it's true Canton does not seem to be the best place for them, especially given the latest interviews Marina has given, she always seems quite indifferent in the kiss and cry, not very enthusiastic, although lately there hasn't been much to celebrate. However, my gut feeling is that they are too loyal to Marina, I don't think they would leave her for their final competitive season; it would depend on just how hungry they are for another olympic gold medal. And then again, let's hope that there will indeed be another season, we seem to have unanswered questions as to whether there is a new or recurrent injury, or even if there is one there at all.
    I'm going to be glued to the TV this afternoon for a fantastic Carmen, it would be icing on the cake if they, make that, everyone, got the scores they deserve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Love the new dress, loved the old one too, but this one does have a more streamlined, modern aesthetic, I think it matches more what they are trying to achieve with the choreography, and it goes better with Scott's costume. Wonderful posts all of you who have made about the judging system - you've hit the nail on the head about our frustrations about what is and is not rewarded. Their training environment, it's true Canton does not seem to be the best place for them, especially given the latest interviews Marina has given, she always seems quite indifferent in the kiss and cry, not very enthusiastic, although lately there hasn't been much to celebrate. However, my gut feeling is that they are too loyal to Marina, I don't think they would leave her for their final competitive season; it would depend on just how hungry they are for another olympic gold medal. And then again, let's hope that there will indeed be another season, we seem to have unanswered questions as to whether there is a new or recurrent injury, or even if there is one there at all.
    I'm going to be glued to the TV this afternoon for a fantastic Carmen, it would be icing on the cake if they, make that, everyone, got the scores they deserve.
    Yes. Anyways good luck Tessa and Scott!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Thanks a lot! I don't know what I think yet, though.

vCash
    So wonderful to see the arena full, up to the rafters! Let's have a great afternoon and to hell with nerves!!

YEAH!
    vCash
    I know you'll be cheering well for them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    So wonderful to see the arena full, up to the rafters! Let's have a great afternoon and to hell with nerves!!
    Have fun!

vCash
    I have to say that I am still hoping, although I don't quite believe it with my mind. I am not going to express my wishes here, though - look how it ended before when I expressed my wishes in such a specific way .

vCash
    good point. If that is why they were marked down in PCS in the SD this season, I still don't understand why this is an issue this season when it so clearly was not last season. A lot of teams used primarily samba, and D&W, much as I love them, did not really grasp the Latin rhythms. Also, they used a slowed down version of a classic salsa piece for the rhumba sections (this is the only part where the rhumba tempo was used) and did samba rhythms for the rest and received a very high PCS. Tessa and Scott had a rhumba section that extended beyond the pattern, and it didn't seem to do them any favours until Worlds, perhaps. Why is the rhythm of the pattern dance more important this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Awesome! Thank you for all your reports. I am happy you were able to see them at such an intimate practice session. Here's hoping Tessa & Scott tear the roof off the place!

Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    I hope they skate their hearts out tonight and win or lose, they'll always be champions to me (sorry if you just vomited from my cheesy sentiments ). More than anything, I want them to skate a program they can be proud of and share with their hometown.
    well said

vCash
    I can't wait to hear about their skate and watch it since I can't get to see it in TV here in the US. I am wishing them a wonderful skate they can be proud of.

vCash
    bbkenn watch it on the Latvian network!

Originally Posted by Braulio

It seems latvian TV is showing again all the skating

http://www.ltv7.lv/files/player-lice...autostart=true
    Holy CRAP! It works. You are my new saint!

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast