Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 561 to 580 of 1008
  1. #561

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,893
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks Melissa always the voice of reason. It makes me very sad that this ridiculous, stupid idea that Tessa is fat is becoming the popular belief now. I was just trying to rewatch the SD for the first time and the only comment I saw was that Tessa is too plump.

  2. #562

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Elena V. in good relationships with a lot off coaches. So she just had chat with Marina and could ask everything.
    One more journalist Arthur Werner, who is in good item with Igor, all time post messages on his conference about Tessas weight.
    I dont know why they try to do this.
    Are you sure you're not blowing this out of proportions? Nobody in their right mind, least of all people who see Tessa at competitions, just a few steps away, could say that she has weight problems. We're talking about a very tiny girl here. She's fragile-looking even. She's thinner now than she was in Nice last year. If there are people who say those things about her, they cannot be taken seriously.

  3. #563
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,124
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Are you sure you're not blowing this out of proportions? Nobody in their right mind, least of all people who see Tessa at competitions, just a few steps away, could say that she has weight problems. We're talking about a very tiny girl here. She's fragile-looking even. She's thinner now than she was in Nice last year. If there are people who say those things about her, they cannot be taken seriously.
    I've seen it discussed elsewhere on the internet that the reason they have trouble with the lifts is because she's too heavy. But I agree with you that that suggestion cannot be taken seriously. I don't know the meaning in the article pani is talking about but to use a possible explanation. Today I heard a commentator describe the German pairs skating today in their FD as heavy and laboured and I know they weren't suggested Alyona go on a diet

  4. #564

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Are you sure you're not blowing this out of proportions? Nobody in their right mind, least of all people who see Tessa at competitions, just a few steps away, could say that she has weight problems. We're talking about a very tiny girl here. She's fragile-looking even. She's thinner now than she was in Nice last year. If there are people who say those things about her, they cannot be taken seriously.
    No, thats what Werner post on his open conference and Elena V. in her blog. You could ask her in London why she think so
    Thats why i think bad for Tessa - so meny personal attack. And i cant understand, why Marina discuss this with her.
    But before WCh she said the same about Elena Iliynih.
    And i remeber people discussed this at GS. But hope Tessa didnt know about what her caich talking with journalists/

  5. #565
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,755
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    re: the levels

    V&M hit all their levels in the SD at nationals and attained a level 4 on the SS in the SD at 4CC. All of that with a challenging piece of choreography composed of a variety of difficult transitions. I have also noticed an improvement in Tessa's choctaw this year and their outside mohawk. And their other turns are gorgeous. I think at the beginning of the season, they had the sustained one-foot section in the SS, going straight from a counter into a bracket into a double twizzle into a rocker. The added difficulty here lies in the fact that the exit edge of one turn becomes the entry edge of the subsequent turn (rather than having a change of edge or step in between turns). I think they figured out right away that the risk may not be worth it and changed it.
    Like IoanaC, I feel like the issue last night was nerves.

    I also think the difficulty and intricacy of their choreography plays a significant role in their not being able to achieve their levels earlier in the season. Those transitions tire your legs out and make it more difficult to get balanced over your edge enough to get the clean edge calls (JMO). I feel like this FD is the kind of program that takes a full season to perfect, and I can't wait to see it on Saturday.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    [...] V&M are dealing with a chronic condition that involves changing their skating technique and training methods, and they have chosen to do new elements and need a coach to see that through. [...]
    I think that is an excellent point.

  6. #566
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyliefan View Post
    Well, that's a really lovely thing to hope.
    oh look the sanctimonious d/w stans have decided to grace us with their presence!

    Quote Originally Posted by horselover View Post
    I usually lurk. But some of the sentiments in this thread have me puzzled. The rabid, anti-American prejudice....the total paranoia. I usually come to this thread because I have enjoyed watching V-M for years. I have enjoyed watching DW. I love both and would like fairness for both.

    I am confused about the sentiments on this thread because:

    A. Canada is doing very well in these championships and has much to be proud of and an amazing future. A bronze medal in pairs, a leading man and hopefully a leading lady. Even though I am not Canadian, I am excited about that. But when someone from my country (USA) does well, much hatred seems to spew out from some of these posters. Where is the maturity and goodwill?
    B. I have been to both threads (DW) and have not read any threads making fun of individual posters in this thread.
    C. I have followed this forum for a long time and I am very deeply disappointed in the maturity expressed here. I do hope this sort of thing does not spread.
    thats because the fandom is so us centric its annoying

  7. #567
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    They've been struggling with errors all season, but it really hasn't been Scott who's struggled, it's been Tessa. That's why I believe it's her legs, because it really looks like the 2009 season all over again when she couldn't trust that her legs would do what was required of them. You can't separate the level of confidence from how she's feeling about that issue. They're Olympic champions - they know how to deal with competition nerves.
    I agree that the situation in Canton just isn't working for them. I think D&W have used it to their advantage to improve in many of their weak areas by observing what they need to copy, and intentionally or not, are impacting Tessa's confidence by showing how much harder they can train. It also comes out in other ways - I can't recall even one interview where I've them complement V&M's skating whereas the opposite is true for Scott and Tessa who always acknowledge D&W. Zueva, because of her friendship with V&M, has in fact let them down. So where could they go - I'd like to see them come home. They could move to Montreal with Marie-France and Patrice or to Vancouver with Megan and Aaron.

    that's what i've been saying this season. this season feels like 2009 all over again, with tessa's leg problems plus having to do a style of program that's not their usual classical romantic style. and if v/m ends up with silver this time, all the more it's like 2009.

  8. #568

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by zilam98 View Post
    that's what i've been saying this season. this season feels like 2009 all over again, with tessa's leg problems plus having to do a style of program that's not their usual classical romantic style. and if v/m ends up with silver this time, all the more it's like 2009.
    In 2009 they were third at WCh. And this season V-M competed at every competition of the season.
    I think OG results could be very different from 2013 WCh. In 2009 WCh D-Sh and B-A were first and second and D-W evn didnt get medal in LA.
    So this will be good chance for teams from Russia in Sochi.

  9. #569
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,411
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I think a world championship is pressure-packed if you are the reigning champions. Add home ice and I think the pressure could be unbearable at times. I think it would have been easier for V/M and Chan if the competition was in another country. As a fan of both teams I see some ugly remarks but not many and that is good. I'm impressed with the uber threads at this site. Finally, if Tessa is overweight then I'm the Queen of England. With all of the problems we have with girls dieting to death the whole notion that this beautiful, fit woman is heavy is ridiculous. AND the mistakes in the SD were not hers alone. She needs to be protected; not hung out to dry.

  10. #570
    Rooting for the Underdogs
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Politicking for P&B and V&M
    Posts
    1,630
    vCash
    887
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    I think a world championship is pressure-packed if you are the reigning champions. Add home ice and I think the pressure could be unbearable at times. I think it would have been easier for V/M and Chan if the competition was in another country. As a fan of both teams I see some ugly remarks but not many and that is good. I'm impressed with the uber threads at this site. Finally, if Tessa is overweight then I'm the Queen of England. With all of the problems we have with girls dieting to death the whole notion that this beautiful, fit woman is heavy is ridiculous. AND the mistakes in the SD were not hers alone. She needs to be protected; not hung out to dry.
    I would like someone to explain to me how this is fat: http://storage.canoe.ca/v1/dynamic_r...=1363105338060 She's tiny.

    Yes, Tessa does need to be protected rather than hung out to dry.

  11. #571
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    i saw this on twitter https://twitter.com/willowreader/sta...75659010961408 and i didnt know you can complain to the isu about judging
    sometimes i wonder what will happen if all of us complained about last night's results

  12. #572
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    The airport
    Posts
    1,242
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    AND the mistakes in the SD were not hers alone. She needs to be protected; not hung out to dry.
    Thank you. Suddenly it was all Tessa's fault because she was nervous and unsure. Again, she skated beautifully. And the way she recovered after her mistake was very impressive indeed.

  13. #573

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    582
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by Golightly View Post
    Thank you. Suddenly it was all Tessa's fault because she was nervous and unsure. Again, she skated beautifully. And the way she recovered after her mistake was very impressive indeed.
    Agreed. Heading to practice now, I'll be back with news later.

  14. #574

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Agreed. Heading to practice now, I'll be back with news later.
    Good luck!

  15. #575
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    kinda o/t but someone said on twitter that s/s were booed because they were ahead of d/r (honestly im so happy for d/r they're the only good thing that has happened so far in this year's worlds) i hope the same thing happens tomorow because being polite is boring the crowd is finally alive! and this is what i like so much about figure skating

  16. #576
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    11,012
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    I don't know the meaning in the article pani is talking about but to use a possible explanation. Today I heard a commentator describe the German pairs skating today in their FD as heavy and laboured and I know they weren't suggested Alyona go on a diet
    I agree with you- hopefully pani misunderstood a word with multiple meanings. I don't think anyone could consider Tessa to be anything but tiny.

  17. #577
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,801
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    i saw this on twitter https://twitter.com/willowreader/sta...75659010961408 and i didnt know you can complain to the isu about judging
    sometimes i wonder what will happen if all of us complained about last night's results
    Nothing. If this were gymnastics, then I guess V&M could have filed a protest to get their level 3 steps changed back to a level 4. It would be interesting to see something like that play out.

  18. #578

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    8,724
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1795
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I agree with you- hopefully pani misunderstood a word with multiple meanings. I don't think anyone could consider Tessa to be anything but tiny.
    Sorry, but no. Thats what rssian journalists talking about. I disagree with them and dont like they try to talk about Tessas weight.

  19. #579
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    155
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Agreed. Heading to practice now, I'll be back with news later.
    hey IoanaC, just a question for you. For the practices in Bud. Gardens, I have a ticket for the freedance and that means I can see the freedance and ladies LP practice if I choose earlier in the day. My seat for the actual competition is in the upper bowl but could I sit in the lower bowl if it doesn't seem full? Might be a dumb question but it's my first time! Looking at the live stream for the practices, the upper bowl seemed empty. And any news on traffic? I have a bit of a drive. Thank you!

  20. #580
    Banned Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    Posts
    420
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    thanks icenetwork for this gem
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

    this article really show the intelligence people on facebook have

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •