Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Didn't Zueva say the same thing about Tessa's original Farrucas skirt when she was struggling with her legs?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    oooh where?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    So annoyed at the hypocritical people that post about V/M fans in other parts of this forum.
    I think i am going to stay in here with you all. I just can't take people putting down V&M and V&M fans at this time. It is really sad that some feel the need to do that.

Thanks for the reports Judy and The Accordion.
    Last edited by Bournekraatzfan; 03-15-2013 at 04:03 AM.

vCash
    It's a competition. We need thick skin.

CARMEN

vCash
    First of all, this is to answer one of Pani's comments: the audience were most certainly not behind D&W, although they did cheer for them. They were heart and soul with Tessa and Scott, and the disappointment was palpable after their marks. People were almost anesthetized, they couldn't get excited for any of the skaters in the last group. They all got polite applause and that's about it. Except maybe for the Shibutanis, who were also supported by the many American fans. I think Judy and Miriam and other people who were there can confirm it.
    Second of all, I agree with Judy: D&W just did better tonight, and handled their nerves better. If it hadn't been for that damn twizzle, I really believe Tessa and Scott would have won the SD. Maybe not by much, but they would have been first. The beginning was great, the polka, excellent, they had wonderful energy, and then the mistake just took it all away. The step sequence wasn't as good as in practice, it fell a bit flat, and it was enough to lose those essential points.

The press conference was a heartbreaking exercise in putting up a brave face... They almost never stop smiling, but when they did, they looked absolutely crushed. All the teams were asked how they felt about their performance. Meryl and Charlie were pleased (obviously) and Charlie thanked the coaches for giving them a great program that fit them so well. Scott said they were very pleased with how they skated and that they did everything as they had practiced... He thanked the audience for the wonderful support and said "it's a night we're going to remember" (there's more than one meaning here, I think...) They were then asked if they weren't a bit disappointed with the result. Scott said he wouldn't call it a disappointment, but that, yeah, they hadn't planned to be in second after the SD. There was another question for Tessa, about why she changed the dress, and she replied that sometimes she needs something new, a fresh idea, when the program becomes second nature - apparently the dress had been made from the beginning of the season, but she decided to wear it only now.
    The final question was about the FD, and how they are going to approach it. Tessa said they love Carmen, they've been trying to do something new, to blend new elements and interesting connecting moves, and to challenge themselves. She said they're very proud of the program and hope they will skate it perfectly on Saturday.

I'm very happy that none of the journalists who asked questions emphasized the disappointment and the fact that expectations had been so high. It was kind and respectful towards Tessa and Scott. I think people could see how heartbroken they were, despite the cheerful mask.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    First of all, this is to answer one of Pani's comments: the audience were most certainly not behind D&W, although they did cheer for them. They were heart and soul with Tessa and Scott, and the disappointment was palpable after their marks. People were almost anesthetized, they couldn't get excited for any of the skaters in the last group. They all got polite applause and that's about it. Except maybe for the Shibutanis, who were also supported by the many American fans. I think Judy and Miriam and other people who were there can confirm it.
    Second of all, I agree with Judy: D&W just did better tonight, and handled their nerves better. If it hadn't been for that damn twizzle, I really believe Tessa and Scott would have won the SD. Maybe not by much, but they would have been first. The beginning was great, the polka, excellent, they had wonderful energy, and then the mistake just took it all away. The step sequence wasn't as good as in practice, it fell a bit flat, and it was enough to lose those essential points.

The press conference was a heartbreaking exercise in putting up a brave face... They almost never stop smiling, but when they did, they looked absolutely crushed. All the teams were asked how they felt about their performance. Meryl and Charlie were pleased (obviously) and Charlie thanked the coaches for giving them a great program that fit them so well. Scott said they were very pleased with how they skated and that they did everything as they had practiced... He thanked the audience for the wonderful support and said "it's a night we're going to remember" (there's more than one meaning here, I think...) They were then asked if they weren't a bit disappointed with the result. Scott said he wouldn't call it a disappointment, but that, yeah, they hadn't planned to be in second after the SD. There was another question for Tessa, about why she changed the dress, and she replied that sometimes she needs something new, a fresh idea, when the program becomes second nature - apparently the dress had been made from the beginning of the season, but she decided to wear it only now.
    The final question was about the FD, and how they are going to approach it. Tessa said they love Carmen, they've been trying to do something new, to blend new elements and interesting connecting moves, and to challenge themselves. She said they're very proud of the program and hope they will skate it perfectly on Saturday.

I'm very happy that none of the journalists who asked questions emphasized the disappointment and the fact that expectations had been so high. It was kind and respectful towards Tessa and Scott. I think people could see how heartbroken they were, despite the cheerful mask.
    Thank you so much for that report.
    At this point, all I want is for them to skate the FD to their full potential and be completely at peace with themselves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    I think i am going to stay in here with you all. I just can't take people putting down V&M and V&M at this time. It is really sad that some feel the need to do that.

Thanks for the reports Judy and The Accordion.
    This is the best place to be tonight.

vCash
    IoanaC, thank you for sharing that with us. I am happy to hear that the journalists were respectful in their questions. And that is so nice that Scott thanked the fans. Thse two appreciate their communities so much.
    Did you see tessa and scott with any family and/or friends tonight? I just hope they get big hugs and kisses from the people around them.

Speaking of which, (((Tessa & Scott))) (((V&M thread family)))

vCash
    Thank you IoanaC

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    This is the best place to be tonight.
    Yes it is.

And whoops! I meant to say V&M and V&M fans. We take quite a beating here sometimes, and as much as i try not to let it get to me, it does. It is nice to be with friends

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    what i dont understand is how can one set a WR by only getting a lvl 3 on the yp sequence

vCash
    ((((Ioana)))) I was thinking of you and all the other V/M fans there live tonight. And gosh all their family and friends there too . The pressure was just too much and I'm so proud of them. I hope they're not too hard on themselves.

vCash
    Did you see tessa and scott with any family and/or friends tonight? I just hope they get big hugs and kisses from the people around them.
    No, I didn't. I sat numbly through the final group of skaters and then I went to the media center for the press conf. During the draw for the FD Tessa and Scott sat with the Germans (Zhiganshina and Gazsi). Scott was goofing around with Gazsi, they seemed very friendly.

DDtpdx, for them to skate Carmen to its full potential is my biggest wish too, but I doubt they're going to be at peace any time soon (about this result). Scott was grinning, when he probably just wanted to smash a wall or something, and Tessa just seemed numb. They broke my heart. I'm glad they have a day off to recover a bit.

vCash
    Just had a chance to catch up. My nerves were going crazy and I knew in my gut before watching that something would go awry. So proud of Tessa for holding onto those twizzles, though, and can't wait for Carmen on Saturday!

Banned Member
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    No, I didn't. I sat numbly through the final group of skaters and then I went to the media center for the press conf. During the draw for the FD Tessa and Scott sat with the Germans (Zhiganshina and Gazsi). Scott was goofing around with Gazsi, they seemed very friendly.

DDtpdx, for them to skate Carmen to its full potential is my biggest wish too, but I doubt they're going to be at peace any time soon (about this result). Scott was grinning, when he probably just wanted to smash a wall or something, and Tessa just seemed numb. They broke my heart. I'm glad they have a day off to recover a bit.
    lol i would love to see a picture with him and the germans

vCash
    Thank you so much, IoanaC. You are really wonderful about providing us with info and impressions.

Nice to see you back, elle123

vCash
    Thank you so much, IoanaC. You are really wonderful about providing us with info and impressions.

Nice to see you back, elle123
    Thanks BKfan! I wish it were under better circumstances, my friend! That being said, with their imminent retirement, I'm going to focus on the positives instead of dwelling in the negatives.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by elle123 View Post
    Thanks BKfan! I wish it were under better circumstances, my friend! That being said, with their imminent retirement, I'm going to focus on the positives instead of dwelling in the negatives.
    I will try to do the same. It is nice to have your positive energy around here at this time
    I can't wait to hear your thoughts on their FD.

vCash
    With V&M, even if they had skated lights out and ended the evening in first there would still have been nasty barbs thrown their way and the way of their fans. I've become so numb and used to all the crap that comes along with being a fan of V&M. I learned a long time ago to stick mainly with this V&M thread.

I wish someone could hypnotize Tessa and Scott so that they can take everything in stride and stop letting everything get to them. It just seems that no matter where they are competing, the stress and expectations get to them and this time being at home didn't seem to calm them as it did in Vancouver or even in practice in London.

I hope they can skate Carmen the way it deserves to be skated and end the competition on a high note. (((((((V&M)))))))

Something positive is that I was thinking of V&M earlier and realized that they have medalled at every World Championships since 2008. Whether 1st or 2nd, Scott and Tessa will collect their 6th consecutive World medal Saturday night. Not bad at all considering everything that they have been through and continue to go through (be put through).

Thanks to everyone who was in London and took the time to give us updates. It must have been a difficult evening and I hope for once V&M can forget last night (at least for Saturday night) and just relax.

ETA:
    I think if Tessa is having an issue with her legs again it's because of the overtraining. It makes me sick that V&M keep pushing themselves trying to find ways to make up the points all season. IMO there was nothing wrong with their programs (except for that original lift in the SD at Skate Canada), it's just that the judges favor a different style.

Also, trying to push the sport and advance it seems to be lost on these judges (at this in this quadrennial) so why bother with another "Carmen."

If Tessa is having issues with her legs then I wonder will backing off from the overtraining and the crazy difficult content will help once she is has a chance to rest during the off season. I love that V&M brought us Carmen and have a FD for the ages that will be talked about long after this season has ended but at what cost?

I hope the retirement rumors aren't true (no matter who it might be) and if they aren't then I can't see V&M doing another "Carmen." It hasn't been fully appreciated by the judges. I realize it's too soon to talk new programs but V&M, if they are staying in and are serious about wanting a second Olympic title should/will stick to what the judges are responding to and stop killing themselves for nothing.
    Last edited by Carmen Ovsiannikov; 03-15-2013 at 05:51 AM.

vCash
    Carmen O., I agree with everything you said, except that I don't think Tessa's legs are such a big issue now. I know her problems will never go away, but I believe she's managing them. If she were in pain, she couldn't skate so superbly in practices. The big issue is, in my opinion, nerves. They really do need to learn to control them and not get overwhelmed in competition, otherwise they don't stand a chance next season.

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast