Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    What do you mean? If it was the dress I'll be seriously pissed off cuz it's not even as nice as the other one.

Bmcg I'm not disputing what you're saying since I didn't even see it, I'm more basing my comments on other people's comments. I'll take your word for it that people are overreacting.
    the dress might have been heavy with all that material but i don't think marina needs to make excuses for them.

vCash
    It is possible for the dress to cause a problem on the twizzles.
    This dress is slightly shorter but, more importantly, fluffier which can interfere with Tessa's ability to grab her skate cleanly (for the first set of twizzles).

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 03-15-2013 at 10:33 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    Well I'm going to end this emotionally draining night on a positive: The last time V&M skated a Jennifer Swan program in a season people where obsessing over her legs they went on to win the Olympics so
    I think that's key. I'm not particularly concerned about next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    As long as sap5 stays respectful, I have no problem with them -- or anyone else who is just a skating fan. However, sometimes we get D/W ubers visiting and I'd rather they just stayed out of here. There's a few posters -- and I think we all know who they are -- who come in here occasionally just to rub it in. I've decided I'm not putting up with it any longer. Not sure if that's the wine talking or not, but I've had it up to HERE with some of those holier-than-thou posters. They can just stay in their own uber's thread, thank you very much.
    Oh, i feel the same way about the particular posters you are referring to, you know I do. I just don't want sap5 lumped in with them, as they are a poster i feel is cognizant of the fact that our little community would like to use this thread to support V&M and I want sap5 to feel welcome here.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    This is funny, but today on Russian TV we had Ilia Tkachenko like commentator and his first word was - his was mistake becasue of Tessa havy skirt.
    Hm, maybe I'm overreacting then if even another skater picked up on that. But I am sure Tessa will own her mistake and not blame it on the dress.

What were Tkachenko's other impressions? He's a great dancer, so I'd be really interested to know what he said about V&M, D&W, P&B, B&S, and I&K.

vCash
    Hey guys just returned from the compeition. It is sport ... I agree about a different type of pressure and distractionand davis and white just did better tonight. Yes the title is lost but i expect to see an amazing carmen on saturday

vCash
    If the practice reports are to be believed, they've been having issues with their twizzles all week. So, why didn't Zoueva just now figure it out that it was due to the new dress?

Not that I particularly buy that theory.

vCash
    hey guys amazing article.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...kating-worlds/

I have to say. There is nothing I like more than an angry and determined scott. His responses were very well articulated without being offensive. Kudos to him. I truly believe saturday will be their day.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 03-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    Zoueva thinks VirtueMoir's twizzle error could be partially due to Virtue's new dress. Details to come in @Icenetwork recap #FSWorlds13
    This sounds ridiculous. I hope that it isn't true, because it would be a stupid mistake by all the team that works with team. And the another dress worked better with the music!!
    Tessa can't be perfect all the time, everyone makes mistakes.

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 03-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.

vCash
    Hello everyone! I am finally able to get on the Internet for a longer period of time since I arrived in London. And I was sad tonight after seeing the freedance live and wanted to come and connect with you VM Ubers - misery loves company?

A few things

I saw the practice today and it was so glorious seeing them in a less formal setting and just being able to see them live for that long! But I was worried because from what I could see - Tessa seemed so worried about the twizzle sequence and Scott seemed to be reassuring her a few times. Also the new dress is pretty but I definitely preferred the old one.

Like IonaC I was less impressed seeing D and W live. I have really enjoyed their short dance on my screen but live it was not as epic to me. That was true of the practice and tonight in competition.

However I am not bothered too much by DW's score because in all truth - if VM season's best for the SD was 75 - the score VM got tonight was generous. So it is all relative. Truthfully I thought VM would be lower with the mistakes / shakiness. It was good. It was lovely and I feel privileged to see them again. But it wasn't them at their best.

Watching it live - I have to say DW deserve to be in 1st place - and probably by about that amount.

I don't know what to hope the reason is for the less than their best though. I think they will feel terrible if it was the heavy dress that caused the issue because it could have been prevented and they will beat themselves up for the change. "If only we stuck with the other dress.."

On the other hand - I hope it isn't because Tessa's legs are just messed up more than we know. Because if that is the case - then that will be the case forever. They won't be able to beat DW who are so consistent if they can't do their own material the way they need to.

Another possible reason - the pressure of performing not only in front of their home country - but their home town.

And then I started wondering tonight on the bus back to the hotel if she was in a great deal of pain all season but persevered because of the home town Worlds. And then I started worrying they would call it quits after!

I just don't know what to think. But thank you to everyone in this thread because it feels better to be in here. I haven't gone to any of the other threads and I don't know if I will.

Here is what I am hoping. I am hoping it was just nerves and that the idea that it will be difficult if not impossible to win - that they will skate their free program with freedom and joy and hopefully no pain!

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    This is funny, but today on Russian TV we had Ilia Tkachenko like commentator and his first word was - his was mistake becasue of Tessa havy skirt.
    No matter now, but isnt V-M need a coach for help to made right choice for competition? And from all practice reports we heard - they had mistakes on twizzeles.
    So if this was new dress - why she let Tessa wear new dress for mist imprtant start in her carrer?

Cant even imaging, how they feel. I really wish Tessa said she had injury and will not skate in FD. DW will win in any case, but they will not beat V-M.
    no pani dont say that
    they're gonna skate the fd and they are going to OWN it
    even if they lose they are gonna go out there, bask in all the cheers and enjoy it
    it is they're last worlds no?

vCash
    So annoyed at the hypocritical people that post about V/M fans in other parts of this forum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PEZazzz View Post
    hey guys amazing article.
    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...kating-worlds/

I have to say. There is nothing I like more than an angry and determined scott. His responses were very well articulated without being offensive. Kudos to him. I truly believe saturday will be their day.
    Last time Tessa and Scott were this far back after SD was in GPF 2011 where Scott fell, and then put up the best performance IMO of FF that season. I had bad vibes about them all week but now I'm starting to feel positive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I just don't see how in the world a dress could affect a twizzle unless it was a really long dress that the girl tripped. So if Marina said that, it makes it seem like she's giving a ridiculous excuse for the mistake, like the time Johnny Weir said he bombed Torino because he missed the bus and his aura turned black. And I think Sandhu once said something about ghosts in his hotel room? And it's embarrassing for a coach to make excuses like that on behalf of a skater.
    Lol his aura turned back that's seriously funny!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Commentator asked him - who was better. He said - i like canadians more, i like there choreo more. He said he like D-W when they skated.
    The Russians are SO awesome in their support of V&M. Love him even more now.
    Not sure about B-S and I-K. He only said they are not friends.
    Love it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowkisses View Post
    no pani dont say that
    they're gonna skate the fd and they are going to OWN it
    even if they lose they are gonna go out there, bask in all the cheers and enjoy it
    it is they're last worlds no?
    Totally agree!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    Skating was a lot more popular back then. And while V&M's gold medal performance is still remembered, there were 12 other golds won by Canada at those Games--particularly one involving a bunch of men with sticks. But it's not like V&M are ignored. Skate Canada selected London for 10 Canadians and this year's Worlds for a reason.
    Exactly. Skating is not as popular thanks in large part to the judging. But to imply we don't love V/M and Chan is beyond ridiculous. Skating fans in Canada adore them but yes there's less of them around then back in the Elvis days, but for anyone to say otherwise just because we show respect to others who perform well don't know what they are talking about and it ticks me off. We love Scott and Tessa and all our skaters and we want it so badly for them, but when life happens it breaks our hearts as much as it does theirs.Scott and Tessa got a great crowd reaction but obviously we knew the error so it was a little deflating and D/W skated first so we showed them respect, so what? Pani I really wish you would stop bashing Canada everytime things don't go the way you think they should. Again we love V/M so give it up.

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast