Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Who is the choreographer of the short dance? Zueva?

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    theres so much politking in this year's worlds i cant
    d/w scores are so inflated
    so is patrick chan (i dont understand how their performance are record breaking performance)
    and now b/s are above p/b
    and how the hell is katelyn osmond fourth

wtf is happening omg

vCash
    protocols are up

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SD_Scores.pdf

-they actually got L4 for both YP sequences (D/W got 1 L3 and 1 L4)
    -and we already know about the L3's for the twizzles and SS
    -but it appears they got hammered by one of the judges on PCS
    Last edited by ddtpdx; 03-15-2013 at 02:03 AM.

Banned Member
    forever wishing i had access to the crack TAT smoked when she said D/W should've won 2012 worlds ;)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    walei, sorry, not agreeing that D/W's SD is better choreographed and I don't think they skated it perfectly either. Fast, hell yes. But that's the norm for them. Many of their fast moves were never finished, their lines were off at times but they do sell it. However, it does not.a.thing.for.me. I realize that the judges love them, but they have been getting the benefit of the doubt when they make mistakes for the past few years as in no fricken deductions at all. V/M however, have to be absolutely perfect and even then the judges find a reason to mark them down. I mean in what bizarre universe are D/W ever better in PCS than V/M. I can tell you that it certainly isn't that way in mine.

That being said, I'm off to get another glass of wine. Yeah, maybe I should get some cheese to go with it. I'm am ticked.

Oh yeah, one last thing -- how are some people finding the protocols/levels already?

honestly i thought they could be faster
    they look like they were struggling in the step sequence

vCash
    Last edited by iggie; 03-15-2013 at 02:12 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    ((((professordeb))))
    I'm so sad that they didn't skate to their full potential.

There's not much we can really do with the judge's interpretation of PCS, so I try my best not to get ticked off.

I'll join you with a glass of wine...white or red?
    white. im allergic to red

vCash
    Did you see them cover their ears so they could not hear D/W's scores? Maybe they did that for some other scores as well, but I'd think at their level they would not need to do that. I feel bad for Tessa. Great performance but her legs have to be asking for some relief at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ddtpdx View Post
    protocols are up

http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc..._SD_Scores.pdf

-they actually got L4 for both YP sequences (D/W got 1 L3 and 1 L4)
    -and we already know about the L3's for the twizzles and SS
    -but it appears they got hammered by one of the judges on PCS
    I thought the Yankee polka was the best section.

Banned Member
    vCash
    I thought the fight was over long before V/M stepped on ice. Just look at D/W's score. They didn't skate their best, yet were rewarded a world record score. Somehow whatever D/W did are golden. I don't understand this, and don't want to. For me V/M have always been the obvious superior, they personalize grace on ice, have undeniable chemistry and bring innovation into ice dance. A piece of medal won't change anything. They are already OGM for Christ's sake. So everyone cheer up and just enjoy the best Carman comming up.

vCash
    Hmm. I've just watched it on Eurosport in high definition twice. The only obvious issue was the twizzles, but I don't know, the whole thing did seem to fall a little flat. However I'm seeing plenty of comments over on GS (I know, why do I go there?) that B/S should actually have beaten them. I mean, come on, what the actual f*** is that about?

The most amusing aspect of the Eurosport broadcast was that the clueless one still thinks they have a shot. I'm afraid Scott's look said different. I just want to hug them.

vCash
    I am on my 3rd small glass of white. I had two dry ones and my third was supposed to be a peach wine -- but it isn't. Yet another thing going wrong this evening.

OK, looking at the protocols cause I'm a numbers geek.
    V/M got level 4 on both their YP -- first time this season. Yipeeee
    That means that V/M got one more mark on the YP overall since D/W got a level 3 on one of theirs. Both got GOE of 1.0

Lost marks on
    STw -- lost 1 mark on the base and .93 on GOE for that element
    NtMiSt3 compared to NtCiSt4 -- lost 1.5 in the base and .29 in GOE for that element
    SO, V/M started with a lower base level by .5, got lower GOE by 1.22 and hosed on the PCS. Yeah, the judges were just as harsh on V/M as the caller. I'm looking at the GOE for D/W, nothing lower than 2 on anything by any judge. V/M, OTOH, have a couple of 0 for GOE on their STw, quite a few 1's, lots of 2 and the only love of 3 came on their RoLi.

The PCS -- there's a joke! and has been for the past few years. Sorry, D/W don't have better SS than V/M -- faster, yes; better, no.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Just want to stick up for sap5. I think sap5 is always very good at being respectful of the fact that this is the V&M thread. Please do not lump them in with the trolls.

vCash
    The performance was not the disaster that I was expecting - I don't care what angle you're at, the talk of Scott wiping out Tessa on the twizzles is pure exaggeration. About the comments on GS - they've been bashing Canadian skaters for a long time and at every opportunity - if you're going to go read, you'd better have a thick skin.
    Carmen is going to be such a joy to watch. I'd rather watch ice dancing over speed skating any day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyskate View Post
    Did you see them cover their ears so they could not hear D/W's scores? Maybe they did that for some other scores as well, but I'd think at their level they would not need to do that. I feel bad for Tessa. Great performance but her legs have to be asking for some relief at this point.
    Can you just leave them alone and not spread rumors. I believe you're the same person that said Scott was too controlling of Tessa?

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 03-15-2013 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    I don't know if this has been mentioned here - I'm too drained to read everyone's posts - but Tessa's face was really tense during the warmup. It made me nervous for them. I do think there's some ongoing issue, but I don't expect we'll hear about it for awhile. Kurt alluded to his at home loss when he said he knows how it feels. Maybe he'll go down and give her a hug.

vCash
    I knew it was over when D/W marks came up. They skated well but I wasn't as 'wowed' with it as I have been earlier in the season. It didn't deserve that score, sorry I don't know what is going on. V/M(I don't know what the person was watching who said Tessa almost 'took out Scott'? Not even close?)well the obvious was the twizzle. Tracy immediately said 'twizzles are off'. You could tell she was like 'damn' They seemed a bit... not shaky but maybe nervous or maybe it was just me but they did not deserve that score. Again I don't know what is going on this season but it's a pile of garbage. These marks are crazy. Anyway the judges got what they wanted, a reason to give D/W the gold without having to 'take it' from V/M and offer up an excuse. V/M lost it and baring disaster there is no coming back. I agree with whoever said that it will affect what program they do next year and that's a damn shame. Carmen is epic and I hope they perform the crap out of it because years from now that is the program people will look back on and remember. Anyway with all of the great Canadian performances so far I knew something had to happen to someone eventually.

Anyway W/P, so proud of them! ...Yes I'm still proud of V/M too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    The performance was not the disaster that I was expecting... I'd rather watch ice dancing over speed skating any day.
    I agree with you!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    Carmen is going to be such a joy to watch. I'd rather watch ice dancing over speed skating any day.
    I hate to say it but I won't be able to enjoy watching Carmen knowing it's impossible to win. They went and changed the spin, and the footwork, and for what?

Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast