Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Apparently from someone on FF (I think they saw it live). They said the twizzles were a disaster and that Tessa nearly took out Scott. If that's the case I can hardly complain, just so upset they didn't put out their best.
    It didn't look that bad on the feed... more like a bit out of sync and then they got it back.

vCash
    Well to find the silver lining for myself, at least I can watch the FD live now, knowing it's over. If it were close I would have been way too nervous...

vCash
    The point difference is 3.25. I think we know what that means. It isn't going to happen for them this year. Stings for this to happen at home but I´m just hoping now that they know where they stand (or won't stand) it means they can relax and give us all a Carmen to be proud of.

Bit of a downer here tonight but not much you can do at this point

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bbkenn View Post
    I don't think it is over by any means.
    Well Carmen hasn't beaten Notre Dame this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    It didn't look that bad on the feed... more like a bit out of sync and then they got it back.
    It didn't to me either, but if that's what it looked like live then…

vCash
    del
    Last edited by pani; 03-15-2013 at 10:47 AM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    It's a big deal because it will affect their strategy for next year (if they don't retire). If they had a nice cushion from the transitions and choreo from Carmen then they'd be more willing to risk a difficult program.

vCash
    it wasn't a disaster. The first set of twizzles had Tessa out of sync with Scott. She had troubles, but she got it back for the 2nd and 3rd sets. The rest of hte program was lovely. It wasn't overly bad, just enough to notice and when D/W skated so cleanly, any little mistake by V/M was going to be pounced upon by the judges.

My favourite program of hte night had to be Weaver/Poje. They brought it, even if their levels weren't up to the top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Of cause at this moment i need to read about how D-W are amazing and about there masterpiece choreo. Sorry, i didnt go to any other thread, because i didnt want to read this. And you a V-M big fan - no question.
    Sorry, i need to be away from this thread no, because now sap5 and other DW ubers will come and start celebration in V-M thread.
    Why they go to his stupid 4CC? And now this cost her health.
    Enjoy your ugly favorite skater, i dont want to see this
    I'm sorry Pani. I feel pretty bad right now too. Not really for me, but for Tessa and Scott they must be so gutted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volunteer View Post
    I haven't yet seen their performance - too nervous to watch, but do you think there's something going on affecting their training/performance levels? I'm getting this sinking feeling that they are the surprise retirement announcement. I'm not intending to start rumors, but what the heck is going on? Hopefully no one slips in between 1st and second.
    But that's the thing, aside from the first twizzle sequence it was a brilliant skate. The step sequence baffles me!! I expected a 75 because there was that mistake. Scoring error? it's as if the judges scored D/W high because they expected V/M to be better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by puglover View Post
    Well - my love this year is their Carmen and if this frees them up and takes the pressure off for them to present Carmen to their full potential - I guess for me it will have been a great year.
    I like your perspective on this. I feel the same way. I just want them to feel freedom and joy on the ice. They are one of the great teams, and no result will ever change that.

vCash
    walei, sorry, not agreeing that D/W's SD is better choreographed and I don't think they skated it perfectly either. Fast, hell yes. But that's the norm for them. Many of their fast moves were never finished, their lines were off at times but they do sell it. However, it does not.a.thing.for.me. I realize that the judges love them, but they have been getting the benefit of the doubt when they make mistakes for the past few years as in no fricken deductions at all. V/M however, have to be absolutely perfect and even then the judges find a reason to mark them down. I mean in what bizarre universe are D/W ever better in PCS than V/M. I can tell you that it certainly isn't that way in mine.

That being said, I'm off to get another glass of wine. Yeah, maybe I should get some cheese to go with it. I'm am ticked.

Oh yeah, one last thing -- how are some people finding the protocols/levels already?
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Got home and I just watched it on TV. Yeah, the twizzles were clearly off and Scott slid on his twizzle at the end of straight-line. Clear errors. The PCS don't indicate that they're being written off by the judges.

Reports all week have indicated some type of errors on the twizzles--don't know what that's all about.

That said, their end worked for me finally.

Oh well, looking forward to a brilliant free dance by V&M!

vCash
    It's prob my emotions right now. I love them so much and I don't want them to retire, but maybe that would be best than them getting embarrassed like this. I just saw a pic on twitter and it just made me even more upset.

vCash
    pani, if D/W ubers invade this space and try to rub our noses into the mess that are the SD results, I will tell them, in very impolite language, to vacate the premises. That's a promise you can take to the bank. I've had it up to HERE with that garbage. I don't invade THEIR threads that way and I'm not going to put up with it in here either.

Yeah, I'm still ticked. I really need that glass of wine.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    professordeb,

I'm watching on cbc and Debbie (and most commentators) see the levels when the scores are being tabulated. Debbie first mentioned the twizzles and that they would lose a level. She then said a review had been called for the step sequence and it went from a 4 to a 3.Any bets as to who called for the review

vCash
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure that call for a review was likely from an American who doesn't like V/M and has said so publicly.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    walei, sorry, not agreeing that D/W's SD is better choreographed and I don't think they skated it perfectly either. Fast, hell yes. But that's the norm for them. Many of their fast moves were never finished, their lines were off at times but they do sell it. However, it does not.a.thing.for.me. I realize that the judges love them, but they have been getting the benefit of the doubt when they make mistakes for the past few years as in no fricken deductions at all. V/M however, have to be absolutely perfect and even then the judges find a reason to mark them down. I mean in what bizarre universe are D/W ever better in PCS than V/M. I can tell you that it certainly isn't that way in mine.

That being said, I'm off to get another glass of wine. Yeah, maybe I should get some cheese to go with it. I'm am ticked.

Oh yeah, one last thing -- how are some people finding the protocols/levels already?
    Well I guess what I'm trying to say is, a seemingly perfect skate with all level 4's from D/W only gets about 0.5 higher in PCS than a botched effort from V/M (for their standards). I know PCS should be scored separately from TES but somehow I was expecting a bigger PCS gap based on judges' love towards D/W for whatever reasons I can't understand this season. I know it's a long shot now and D/W will have to make mistakes in the FD for V/M to have a chance to defend their title. But weirder things have happened in figure skating...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    professordeb,

I'm watching on cbc and Debbie (and most commentators) see the levels when the scores are being tabulated. Debbie first mentioned the twizzles and that they would lose a level. She then said a review had been called for the step sequence and it went from a 4 to a 3.Any bets as to who called for the review
    Judy Blumberg. I can't stand her!

vCash
    Yeah, I'm still ticked. I really need that glass of wine.
    ((((professordeb))))
    I'm so sad that they didn't skate to their full potential.

There's not much we can really do with the judge's interpretation of PCS, so I try my best not to get ticked off.

I'll join you with a glass of wine...white or red?

vCash

Profdeb- totally agree with you - I don't understand why VM have to be ultra perfect and DW don't.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast