Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    They make it very clear that they are fast, fast, fast whereas V/M cover the same amount of ice in almost the same amount of time without looking like they are rushing. It's about the perspective that one team is faster than the other, and quite frankly, they aren't.
    I completely agree with this. And nowhere is it more obvious than when you see both teams on the ice, at the same time, i.e. in practice.
    Still, that doesn't change the fact that Tessa and Scott did make those mistakes last night. Without them, I am convinced they would have won the SD. The tiny difference in PCS confirms that.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    For the part I've bolded, I wish to respectfully disagree. D/W have made "small" errors in the past and NOT been penalized for them. They've been a tad off in their twizzles, no call, they've been off on footwork synchronocity, no call. They have more often than not been given the benefit of the doubt when they make small mistakes and their PCS don't suffer for it either. However, just about every time V/M make a minor mistake, they get dinged for it both in TES and PCS. I still think it's because the judges are blinded by the speed at which D/W perform most of their dances. They make it very clear that they are fast, fast, fast whereas V/M cover the same amount of ice in almost the same amount of time without looking like they are rushing. It's about the perspective that one team is faster than the other, and quite frankly, they aren't.
    ITA, and it is beyond frustrating. Like you said, D/W make small mistakes on things all of the time and no one says a word. They have all of the benefit of the doubt in the world. V/M are never given the benefit of the doubt; they get dinged on both the TES and PCS sides if they so much as have a finger out of place. It makes me so sick.

ETA: Last year, I was one of the ones who adamently felt that V/M needed to leave Igor and Marina. I changed my mind this fall, thinking it really didn't matter who they were with. Now, more firmly than ever, I think they need to get out of there. Clearly, whateve benefits there are to training with D/W are far outweighed by the disadvantages at this point. Like some of you have said up thread, I think going to Novi would be a very good thing. They would have the benefit of being Igor's number 1 team. He knows them as well as Marina does, and I think they would have all of the attention they needed out of him. Most importantly though, it would get them out of an environment that in no way seems to be working for them anymore.
    Last edited by aka_gerbil; 03-15-2013 at 02:51 PM.

vCash
    Vairsehovskay interview with Zoueva.
    Tessa looked havy at every practice and i asked Marina about this - she didnt belive in herself and try to not push ner leg after what happened at 4CC. we solved the problem, but Tessa insured
    Use google translation, please
    http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/29542/

vCash
    Hi, I'm back I watched Tessa & Scott yesterday (I didn't fall asleep! ).
    When the scores appeared, I was like - WAIT. WHAT. JUST. HAPPENED.
    I almost started crying. +Bobrova/Soloviev took 3rd place. Wtf is this shit.

Anyways, In my theory - it's gonna be too hard to get the gold. If D/W do all right they'll get ~112. V/M need to be 115+ scored. That's not real. I think they can win only if D/W goes wrong.

Hugs for you all and remember - the hope dies last. (these are very popular words in Latvia, it means - never give up, if it's not over yet.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    I think they only could go to Novi. Maybe Toronto, but isnt Tessas school is far away?
    I'm pretty sure that the University of Windsor has an online Ed program, if necessary Tessa can do that for a year

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6DEXnyQUUg

Was this posted here?

P.S. Tessa said:"We are so excited about this Carmen program, and it's hard to believe it's one of the last chances to perform it..."

So I'm pretty sure, they'll be in WTT.

vCash
    What I really hope is that they win the FD convincingly. Their Carmen is spectacular and it can bring down the house. If they perform to its potential, they can win the FD and this will set them up nicely going into Sochi. Remember last year, they seemed to lose favour despite winning the world championships, as there was a lot of talk about how D/W should have won the FD. The opposite can happen here.

D/W deserved to win the SD, but I am a little perplexed by how high the score was. They are a good team, but I really notice the lack of polish. Great consistency though.

BTW, with all this talk of V/M doing a ballet for Sochi, I just want to point out that the National Ballet is performing Romeo and Juliet in Toronto this week.... It's not far from London.

vCash
    Some of us were thinking about making a V/M forum, a place where we can post freely (and not worry about having our posts taken elsewhere so we can be mocked and made fun of). What do you guys think about this?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayii View Post
    Some of us were thinking about making a V/M forum, a place where we can post freely (and not worry about having our posts taken elsewhere so we can be mocked and made fun of). What do you guys think about this?
    Where are our posts being made fun of? I would like to see this for myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pani View Post
    Vairsehovskay interview with Zoueva.

Use google translation, please
    http://winter.sport-express.ru/figur...reviews/29542/
    Can someone please summarize the interview? I can't read in on my phone. I don't understand why Zueva can't wait until this competition ends to talk about them. The last thing they need before tomorrow is speculation about Tessa's health.

Prick Admin
    vCash
    How old are you?
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IoanaC View Post
    Can someone please summarize the interview? I can't read in on my phone. I don't understand why Zueva can't wait until this competition ends to talk about them. The last thing they need before tomorrow is speculation about Tessa's health.
    They say that with Tessa's health all' ok, my russian is not so good, but Marina said that Tessa is just psychologically shattered since 4cc, she is scared that pain can come back there, in Worlds.

Rooting for the Underdogs
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allezfred View Post
    How old are you?
    I don't think she was asking for permission or anything. I think she just wants to know if others might be interested in a forum just for V/M fans.

vCash
    This is a part with them (Google Translate):

Without sensationalism, of course, short dance has not done. First - quite sad for people in London - is that Virtue / Moir Americans lost 3.25. It is a lot to consider, as it was only recently that the two pairs are absolutely equal strength.

Tessa at practices looked hard and slow. In the competition it did not change at all. When I told about my impressions to coach Marina Zueva, she just sighed.

- I think it's not really the point, but in the uncertainty that has remained with Tessa from the tournament on four continents. She so cramped leg muscle, she and Scott had to stop. We, of course, immediately go to a doctor, had all the necessary examinations and procedures, that is, to fix the problem. But the fear remained.

For a woman who lived through such trouble, how Tessa skated in London is excellent.

vCash
    I think it is totally understandable that Tessa is scared after all she's been through. That said, she skated sensationally well. The way she recovered after the mistake on the twizzle was incredible and not many could have gotten back in synch like that. I do honestly believe she is the best ice dancer in the world.

vCash
    How old are you?
    I don't see how that's relevant to my question. But I get it. I appear immature or childish for being so "hurt" that V/M fans are being mocked, right? I can live with that.

I'm twenty-three by the way.

vCash
    Google translation
    Tessa looked at practices hard and slow. Competition did not change in perception. When I told him about his impressions coach couples Marina Zueva, she just sighed
    - I think it's not really the point, but in the uncertainty that has remained with Tessa from the tournament on four continents. She so cramped leg muscle, he and Charlie had to stop. We, of course, immediately go to a doctor, had all the necessary examinations and procedures, that is, to fix the problem. But the fear remained.
    For a man who lived through such trouble, Tessa skated in London is excellent. A similar phrase uttered on the way to the hotel my Canadian colleague, saying that for people who recently overcame a serious leg injury partner, French Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat skated just did very well. The only problem is that judges do not base their assessment of bonuses to overcome injuries and ills of life. Tessa and Scott were behind Davis / White, and French - are behind Bobrova and Soloviev.
    Maybe because this journalist is friend of Marina?
    Ioana, will you be at practice today?

vCash
    How old are you?
    Hi allezfred, I'm a new poster, but longtime reader. Just wondering why you would ask that question. You could send me a private message if you'd like to discuss further.

vCash
    I don't see how that's relevant to my question. But I get it. I appear immature or childish for being so "hurt" that V/M fans are being mocked, right? I can live with that.

I respect your idea of creating a new forum, but I think, this being a FS place, we all must develop a thicker skin? I¡m perfectly okay with ignoring sarcastic and mean-spirited comments as long as they are not posted here. I see some of you endlessly complain about Icenetwork when you know full well that those are pro-American boards and people aren't too complimentary towards V-M, so why go there at all? That's my point. I like it here very much because we mainly discuss and deconstruct their programs and their skating. I am not sure that would be the case in a new board where other people might feel like talking not just about skating but about personal stuff I am not at all comfortable with. But, again, it would be my choice not to join at all, you see? As everyone has the choice to simply ignore hurtful comments and focus on constructive criticism. Personally, I have always liked FSU. It is not perfect, but it's the best place to be for any figure skating fan.

Prick Admin
    vCash

Well, then act it. Some of you in this thread really need to get a grip. If following an ice dance team causes you this much angst, perhaps you all need a new hobby.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast