Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

vCash
    I find TheIronLady's comments to be humorous.
    Are they really that different from comments people make at the skating rinks?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    I guess I considered it "picking on Elena" because I do not see such bad problems with Radionova's line. I'll try to answer with hopefully more substance than before.
    I think the examples you chose are not the best examples of what Radionova's line is at the moment. Her LP ( I use Junior Worlds as an example) shows her lines to better advantage http://youtu.be/BnlHq18c0Fk
    There are quite a few nice positions coming out of jumps, and in spins. There are finished gestures that are well coordinated with music throughout. There is no balletic extension in every move, and she can work on that; she is barely 14. What I see, and what is, I believe, a better indication of things to come, is the desire to give meaning, to "present" a gesture in music. I think a good line often comes from that, because there is a desire to let a gesture speak expressively; an unfinished gesture cannot "speak". I am not going to veer off into criticizing Seniors now; but Radionova is hardly the worst offender.
    The examples you give. One is an EX, which I discard; an EX of a- then- 13-year-old is not an indicator of anything.
    The SP is more problematic. I am not too fond of it; it is busy and rather chaotic. I fault choreographer; as for the style- I imagine it's supposed to be more "modern dance/ sci-fi theme", so a broken line might be allowed and even desirable. The problem as I see it is that there are so many small gestures that they need to be rushed; thus they never reach their most expressive point before they are changed. Hopefully next year Elena is given smth. that will allow her to work on extention. I would not panic, though, until she is 18-19 ( or at least not until she enters Senior circuit full-time, which is not until 2014-15 if I remember right).
    Apart from Radionova's case, though- I wish line and precision of movement were given more advantage in PCS; but let's start with Seniors.
    Articulate and thoughtful as always!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Articulate and thoughtful as always!
    You are very kind, but I am not so sure we are not being punked here. Am going around thinking- "Do I have to take the bait and be so damn earnest about it" Worlds tomorrow, YAY!
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Melt the ice and they will drown.
    That's hilarious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Willy View Post
    Melt the ice and they will drown.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmar_F2cBow

Or have Sasha jump on it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I find TheIronLady's comments to be humorous.
    Are they really that different from comments people make at the skating rinks?
    I think Maggie is funny also.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123