Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Radionova's Lines

Possibly Elena Radionova has the worst leg lines since Surya Bonaly. Do you think time, effort, and pressure from judges will help her correct this? Or are terrible knees and lines going to become an acceptable thing-- as long as you have the jumps?

Elena Radionova JGPF 2012 Gala

Elena Radionova 2013 Russian Nationals SP

vCash
    Are you going to make a thread for every Russian female skater She skates like a child because she still is a child but even then I find her skating and lines vastly superior to anything the woman Surya showed us. Wait until this girl goes through puberty to judge her potential.

Mad for mangelwurzels
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcg View Post
    She skates like a child because she still is a child ..........Wait until this girl goes through puberty to judge her potential.
    I think that says it all really.
    I hear outside a million panicking birds, and know even out there comfort is done with; it has shattered even the stars, this creature at last come home to me.

vCash
    Yes, a different thread devoted to a flaw in every Russian.

I look at Radionova, and I compare her to this 13 year old vision of elegance, Serafima Sakhanovich, and it makes me think 14 year old Radionova is hopeless. Sakhanovich reminds me of a young Oksana Baiul. I hope Radionova will improve her leg line, but I fear she may get away with untidiness under present judging trends.

Sakhanovich 2013 FS Russian Nationals

vCash
    I strongly disagree with having a go at a THIRTEEN YEAR OLD who has many years to strengthen and develop. For some people it is a natural phenomenon. For others it takes work.

vCash
    I'm not having "a go at her." I'm giving my opinion of her line. She is 14, and she is also the junior world champion. She is hardly some child I am picking on to be cruel.

vCash
    You are not having a go at her? REALLY? She is a 14 year old girl, she has plenty of time develop whatever needs to be developed.

By the way, you started one thread about Lipnitskaya, one about Radionova, do you enjoy picking on 14 years olds? What about finding some skater who is already senior? Or at least someone who is not a 14 year old child?

vCash
    I'm sure Lipinski and Kwan were already critiqued and scrutinized when they were 13-14.

This is a skating forum, and people discuss and criticize skaters.

vCash
    Radinova has the potential for better lines than Sahnovich IMO, Serafima has short legs already at 13, Elena's are maybe too long at the moment but she will grow into them and long limbs are never a bad thing. If she can learn to fully straighten her knees Radionova can be like a Ballanchine ballerina on ice, already she is fantastic.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    I look at Radionova, and I compare her to this 13 year old vision of elegance, Serafima Sakhanovich, and it makes me think 14 year old Radionova is hopeless.
    Well... everyone was hyping Sotnikova before she even made it to the seniors. Nobody was supposed to beat her scores. Then Lipnitskaya came along and everyone was like OMG, what a beautiful skater, with such gorgeous spins! But before she even made her senior GP debut, everyone decided she was a crap skater with no elegance or musicality, and that Radionova was the real star. In fact I remember many people complimenting Radionova's lines and her use of the music, but I guess she doesn't even get a month to bask in her glory! Now she is a crap skater too, and Sakhonovich is the elegant one... let's see how long that lasts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pinky166 View Post
    Radinova has the potential for better lines than Sahnovich IMO, Serafima has short legs already at 13, Elena's are maybe too long at the moment but she will grow into them and long limbs are never a bad thing. If she can learn to fully straighten her knees Radionova can be like a Ballanchine ballerina on ice, already she is fantastic.
    Sasha had magnificent line without long legs and Chrstina Gao even today still looks pretty gangly (though she's improving) with them. I don't think it's necessarily about leg length. The flexibility of the back, neck length and use of head, posture, toe point, solidity of core (ie, ability to stay centered while free leg is moving), and use of arms all are part of it. But long legs help if you have other points too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post

I look at Radionova, and I compare her to this 13 year old vision of elegance, Serafima Sakhanovich, and it makes me think 14 year old Radionova is hopeless.

Sakhanovich 2013 FS Russian Nationals
    ahhh... your too late: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8QL0QPfWTs

vCash
    I think Radionova has pretty good transitions

vCash
    This thread is just bizzare. I don't see how Radionova's alleged lack of lines is so prominent that it warrants an individual thread devoted just to it. I've regularly seen lines that are much worse than Radionova's.

vCash
    If you were a young skater with big dreams wouldn't you want to know this? There is no time like the present to try and begin to correct it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cachoo View Post
    If you were a young skater with big dreams wouldn't you want to know this? There is no time like the present to try and begin to correct it.
    How is this thread going to help young Radionova?

I have seen many grown up skaters with really bad lines. Why is there no thread about them?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    I'm sure Lipinski and Kwan were already critiqued and scrutinized when they were 13-14.

They were critiqued long after they were 13-14 also, on this board, but I don't recall an individual thread with the sole purpose of criticizing ONE part of their skating (for example- "Tara's lines" or Michelle's "leg position"- not that anything was wrong with her leg position )

When Michelle and Tara were 13-14, we were not on chatboards, but I don't recall anyone commenting on the TV criticizing ONE part of their skating. Actually at that young age, most comments about them were glowing, and it was understood that they will develop as more complete skaters. I don't see that kind of understanding here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    This thread is just bizzare. I don't see how Radionova's alleged lack of lines is so prominent that it warrants an individual thread devoted just to it. I've regularly seen lines that are much worse than Radionova's.
    This is the second thread in trash can by the OP dedicated to a young Russian female skater dedicated to one aspect of their skating. The other was for Julia and her "floppy" arms and gloves. We're it not for the reaction this thread is getting I suspect it would have been the second in a series :p. I suppose trashcan is the place for it but they are really stupid and pointless threads even for this location.

vCash
    hm...

vCash
    She is so great and so spectacular she has the potential to become even greater and more spectacular and should experiment with all different kinds if choreo to see what makes her most spectacular.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast