Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by personwhoishere View Post
    Kinda funny, I grew up in New Jersey -just moved to southern NY a little under a year ago- and I've never been to the Short Hills Mall.
    You should definitely come to SH. When you say Southern NY, I am assuming you don't mean the city or boroughs. Ar you near Woodbury Commons? Best outlet mall anywhere! However, you do pay tax on clothing/shoes. I always forget that when I go there. You see the mark downs on the tags then forget you have to pay about 7% more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    PS - I can't decide what the best mall in the States is, enclosed mall I mean, Crystals at CityCenter in Vegas or the Mall at Short Hills? I'm leaning towards Short Hills... plus NJ just legalized marriage equality, even more incentive to visit!
    Crystals has great labels and even better jewelry stores, but it's kinda dead. There's not a lot of good dining options either.

I'm going to have to check out Short Hills, maybe get a car service next time I visit Manhattan. I'm paying 9% sales tax in Beverly HIlls and it's killing me.

I just got some great clothes at the Bloomingdales Friends & Family event -- 20% on top of sale prices.

I'm totally addicted to Vince right now, spent about a grand on a hoodie, two henleys, a sweater and a jacket (all on sale, too). They're so soft. Yes, they're made in China but I still love them.

Also loving this new brand Cohesive & Co. It's so So-Cal and all their knits are so comfortable. I also can never turn down a knit with elbow pads!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    I'm totally addicted to Vince right now, spent about a grand on a hoodie, two henleys, a sweater and a jacket (all on sale, too). They're so soft. Yes, they're made in China but I still love them.
    I've been addicted to Vince for 5 or 6 years now. They make the BEST sweaters, tees, silk shirts. I hate to admit, I have a lot of it. It's a CA company. I love the relaxed, yet polished vibe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cruisin View Post
    There is a Legal Seafood, a Cheesecake Factory, Joe's American Bar & Grill, Papa Razzi (an Italian restaurant), Qdoba, Au bon Pain, and a Starbucks. All spread out, and mostly sit down restaurants. And some of the department stores have cafes.

When you come, let me know. I can certainly meet you at the mall. If you don't mind hanging around a 61 year old lady

Just his Bloomingdales for their Friends & Family. got both of these for the Holidays:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...%20FURSTENBERG With black tights and ankle boots. I love DVF, fits me really well and I love the '70s vibe.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...%3Dted%20baker Had to have it taken in in the hips. British sizing, had to go up to a 4 for the waist.

Neither one was terribly $$$, especially after the 20% discount!
    Age is only a number my dear! If you know style and fabulous then it doesn't matter at any age! I'd kill to spend an hour with the likes of Jane Fonda and she's older than that!

That mall is going to have to wait for a while. I haven't done much in the last week with this sinus surgery knocking me on my rear end. That being said, I'll check and see if there are any black Friday deals to be had
    Kyle

vCash
    Age is only a number my dear! If you know style and fabulous then it doesn't matter at any age! I'd kill to spend an hour with the likes of Jane Fonda and she's older than that!

That mall is going to have to wait for a while. I haven't done much in the last week with this sinus surgery knocking me on my rear end. That being said, I'll check and see if there are any black Friday deals to be had
    Sinus surgery! does not sound fun. I hope you are feeling better very soon. You definitely deserve a treat after going through that!

Thanks, I do know style, I do know fabulous, I also know how to be trendy without trying to look 20.

vCash
    Sinus surgery! does not sound fun. I hope you are feeling better very soon. You definitely deserve a treat after going through that!

Thanks, I do know style, I do know fabulous, I also know how to be trendy without trying to look 20.
    I still have to head down to Holt Renfrew to pick up that Gucci shirt i ordered!

I'm 27 and I can't even look like I'm 20 anymore, nor do I want to! That being said, maybe I need to if I want to attract a guy anytime soon.

Here's hoping I heal up fully soon!
    Kyle

vCash
    That's a good thing!
    I hope I do, too.

vCash
    I think it's a very good thing!

I'm still waiting for HBC to announce their Canadian store locations. They say they want to open 7-8. Two in in the GTA, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, I really hope to everything that Edmonton is in line for a Saks. We desperately need it. Holts here is good for what it is, but it's so unbearably tiny. They need to expand in the worst possible way.

I love Nordstrom, I really do, but for what I am interested in, I could live without them being here.
    Kyle

vCash
    I think it's a very good thing!

I'm still waiting for HBC to announce their Canadian store locations. They say they want to open 7-8. Two in in the GTA, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, I really hope to everything that Edmonton is in line for a Saks. We desperately need it. Holts here is good for what it is, but it's so unbearably tiny. They need to expand in the worst possible way.

I love Nordstrom, I really do, but for what I am interested in, I could live without them being here.
    I love Nordstrom for shoes. However, clothing is another story. They never get enough of any collections and they get very small size selections. Oh, and another thing Nordstrom is great for: They have a line of workout wear called Zella. The designer was with Lululemon. The styles are similar, the fabrics are more substantial, and the fit is better. And, they are half the price!

I am hoping that HBC can do some contemporizing with Saks. We have a big store in SH, but a lot of what they get is either $$$ or matronly. I prefer Neiman Marcus, in that category. Of all department stores, I like Bloomingdales best. They carry most of the labels that Saks & NM carry, but they get much more selection. They also have a great rewards program, and are constantly running sales.
    Last edited by cruisin; 11-26-2013 at 02:20 PM.

vCash
    Kylet3 - just a reference, but if you want to shop everything luxury go to Hong Kong (particularly Tsim Sha Tsui). Every designer label at your fingertips, and multiple locations abound. In Vancouver (where I'm from), we made enough of a fuss about having two Starbucks kitty corner. I remember seeing two Zegna in the same mall and two LVs in the same city block...

That being said, my wardrobe is not filled with anything luxurious. My kitchen, on the other hand...

vCash
    Hong Kong would be fantastic I'm sure! It's not on my list for travel destinations really, but I'm sure it'd be phenomenal just the same

I've only ever been to Nordstrom's flagship in Seattle which of course is amazing and the one at The Grove in LA. The one at the Grove in LA wasn't great because that one was in the middle of renovations, that being said, the shoe department was fantastic but the clothing selection left a little bit to be desired.

I do think Neiman Marcus does definitely have an edge over Saks Fifth Avenue. From what I've seen they have more designer selection and more variety within the designers that they do carry, but with the city I'm in having one of the smallest Holt Renfrew stores and no sign of Nordstrom, the news that Saks was coming to Canada and the sheer number of locations that they plan makes me think that my city is in line for it at some point.

I absolutely adore Holt Renfrew and the one in Calgary is amazing, but that's three hours away and I don't have a vehicle. The one here is literally about 3-4 times smaller and doesn't have the selection that Calgary does, so I believe Saks coming here would exactly be what Edmonton needs, there is a market here for it, it's just taken far too long for people to realize it.
    Kyle

vCash
    Being Canadian, and close to Vancouver, Holt Renfrew is my indulgence too. I just bought a Michael Kors bag there as a treat. There's something about walking around downtown swinging the pink Holt's shopping bag that I find very uplifting and inspiring!

vCash
    The Holt Renfrew at the Pacific Centre I've only been in a couple times, but I know it's an absolutely awesome building. The clear glass structure and modern elegance to it is very chic!

I hear you, especially in Edmonton, because the city is so blue collar (there is money here but the white collar money in Alberta is in Calgary, we have the blue collar and rig-pig money here ), it is really a special feeling whenever I come out of Holts with the pink bags. That being said, I fear Saks and Nordstrom might be overestimating what their power will be once they do get into the market here. Target vastly overestimated what they thought was going to be success and now they are paying for it dearly. I haven't spent a single dime inside of Target since they opened in Canada. They make me miss Zellers which makes me . Their selection and stock are terrible, prices are out to lunch and customer service is non-existent.

I know it's comparing Apples and Oranges but I desperately want to see Nordstrom, Saks and Holt Renfrew all succeed. Competition is important and necessary in terms of offering up variety. That being said Saks won't have more than 7 or 8 full stores and Nordstrom no more than 10 stores I believe, which of course is a hell of a lot less than Target. If Saks can really up the ante against Holts, then I believe we will all be better for it here. I adore Holts, believe me I adore it, but I also know Saks is a leading name and world famous, so if we could get that here and have it offer the same things it does in the States, then holla! I'm all for it Nordstrom, don't get me wrong, I love it too, I love that it stands so strongly for LGBT rights, but they just don't have the same things that Saks and Holts do. If I had to vote for 2/3, I'm always picking Saks and Holt Renfrew.
    Kyle

vCash
    Hong Kong would be fantastic I'm sure! It's not on my list for travel destinations really, but I'm sure it'd be phenomenal just the same

I've only ever been to Nordstrom's flagship in Seattle which of course is amazing and the one at The Grove in LA. The one at the Grove in LA wasn't great because that one was in the middle of renovations, that being said, the shoe department was fantastic but the clothing selection left a little bit to be desired..
    Renovations are done at The Grove -- I was just there.

There's a restaurant now on the second level.

The men's section is kinda a mess now. Just a ton of long racks with no real rhyme or reason. I'm not sure if that's the permanent layout, but it was hard to find stuff. The floor staff has a few hotties though, if you're into such things.

I personally prefer Bloomingdales -- both the one in Century City and Santa Monica have great selection.

The new Santa Monica Place has Burberry, Louis Vuitton, All Saints (though the flagship store in Beverly Hills is better), Coach, Kitson, Nordstrom, Niketown, CB2 and a lot more. The old Promenade section has the standbys: Banana Republic, The Gap, Urban Outfitters. The surrounding streets house REI, West Elm, Pottery Barn, etc. It's total one-stop shopping.

vCash
    Bloomingdale's and Macys are great stores, don't get me wrong, but they just don't have what I'm into in terms of labels and such.

Hmm, that's disappointing to hear about the Grove. When I was there, the men's section was still a mess, I was going to ask about Dolce & Gabbana (which I know isn't in all stores but thought would be there) but there was nothing that I could find and asking anyone would have been hopeless. So I just bought a purple Burberry polo to celebrate Prop 8 being officially dead.

I've also heard South Coast Plaza is one of the IT malls in Southern California as well. I've heard about it multiple times but never actually been there strangely enough.

Sounds like that one in Santa Monica is pretty good too
    Kyle

vCash
    Bloomingdale's and Macys are great stores, don't get me wrong, but they just don't have what I'm into in terms of labels and such.
    Macy's I agree. Especially since Federated (Now Macy's corporate) bought Bloomingdales a few years ago. They really put everything into Bloomingdales and have let Macy's kind of flounder (at least in their suburban stores). The Macy's, in Short Hills was more upscale before Macy's owned Bloomingdales. Now, clothing is all over the place, dressing rooms are not cleaned up, sales personnel are horrible, and the merchandise has gone way down. Bloomingdales, on the other hand, has just gotten better and better. Not sure what labels you're looking for, Bloomingdales has pretty much what Saks and NM have. At least the labels I'm interested in: DVF, Theory, Burberry, Marc Jacobs, Equipment, Vince, AG, Joe's Jeans, J Brand, CoH, Current Elliot, Shoes: Stuart Weitzman, Via Spiga, Marc Jacobs, and of course Frye Boots! Have you ever worn Vince for men? It is awesome! More casual clothing, but well styled and great fit. Theory makes great men's suits, very European fit and great fabric. The web site does ship to Canada, FYI. But, the web site doesn't always get what the stores get. Especially the better stores: NYC & SH. Keep in mind that SH also has all of the high end free standing stores: Channel, Gucci, Fendi, Dolce & Gabbana, Zegna, Loro Piana, LV, Cartier, Hermes, etc.

vCash
    The Bloomingdales out here in Los Angeles are large and well-stocked.

They had more Vince than the Vince store (note, there's two standalone Vince stores just a few miles from each other -- one at The Grove and one on Melrose).

In addition to the brands cruisin listed, they have tons of John Varvatos, Michael Kors, Jack Spade, and regional brands I really like including Sol Angeles and Cohesive & Company, which I previously mentioned.

Vince fits great on me. I don't like wearing heavy knits so their stuff is warm and still shows off the body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by all_empty View Post
    The Bloomingdales out here in Los Angeles are large and well-stocked.

They had more Vince than the Vince store (note, there's two standalone Vince stores just a few miles from each other -- one at The Grove and one on Melrose).
    That is pretty typical for Vince. There was a free standing store in SH, it closed because they didn't have as much or get things as early as Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus. The manager of the Vince store, in SH, told me that the owner/founder didn't want freestanding retail stores and fought hard to not do it. But, he was out voted. Consequently, their freestanding stores are treated like distant cousins , the department stores get better treatment. Have you see the new Vince shoe line? Fabulous! There is a pair of booties I'm eyeing http://www.vince.com/joanna-ankle-st...invt/vnc5178l1 Also, if you like vince silk shirts, have you tried Equipment? A little more fitted under the arm, great colors and prints!

In addition to the brands cruisin listed, they have tons of John Varvatos, Michael Kors, Jack Spade, and regional brands I really like including Sol Angeles and Cohesive & Company, which I previously mentioned.
    Yes, our Bloomingdales has All Saints, Ted Baker, Reiss, and The Kooples. Do the west coast stores get the Brit lines too? In shoes they have Prada, Fendi, Gucci, Ferragamo, Brian Atwood.
    Last edited by cruisin; 11-27-2013 at 10:40 PM.

vCash
    What I like is Italian clothing. Dolce and Gabbana, Gucci, Prada, and Versace are my favorites. That being said I do quite enjoy Burberry as well. It's "luxury" not not quite as expensive as the other brands. That's why Macy's and Bloomingdales don't really work for me. Again, they have some fantastic items, but I like what I like. I'm in Edmonton. People here get excited about a new Wal-Mart or Target opening. It's a very blue-collar city so the luxury market really isn't that large. The Holt Renfrew here is one of the smallest so it's difficult, but I try and indulge when I can
    Kyle

Prick Admin
    vCash
    When it comes to clothes, I want quality and value for money. Don't see the point in paying a premium price for an Italian brand which produces all its clothes in sweat shops in low cost economies.

I also don't like clothes where the brand name or logo is visible. Biggest con in fashion ever has been getting people to pay for the privilege of being walking billboards.
    To think that fun is simple fun, while earnest things are earnest, proves all too plain that neither one thou truthfully discernest.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast