Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

vCash
    Hmm that's a good point. If it really did bother her, I'm sure they'd edit it out, you're right.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Where are you getting this made-up back story from?
    What was made up? That seems like what happened. Jenny had clearly told David something privately, nothing I can remember ever reading about either in an article or on here. Then David went and blurted it out during the interview. I wouldn't say he was laughing at her expense as that seems more cruel than what he was doing but he certainly seemed to be sharing a secret that Jenny had not let everyone else in on. I'm sure it's no big deal because Jenny would have edited it out or something but I would probably be a little miffed if someone did that without checking with me first, mainly because I know it could make me look bad.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

In a cubbyhole next to Lauren Sheehan's bedazzler
    vCash
    Jenny edits all their podcasts. If she was offended enough to want it omitted, she would have cut it. End of story.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    What was made up? That seems like what happened. Jenny had clearly told David something privately, nothing I can remember ever reading about either in an article or on here. Then David went and blurted it out during the interview. I wouldn't say he was laughing at her expense as that seems more cruel than what he was doing but he certainly seemed to be sharing a secret that Jenny had not let everyone else in on. I'm sure it's no big deal because Jenny would have edited it out or something but I would probably be a little miffed if someone did that without checking with me first, mainly because I know it could make me look bad.
    how did you know he didn't check with her first?

vCash
    I did not see that pewter medal throwing out thing to be a big deal really. I honestly thought it was kinda cool. I am sure it did happen. Didn't Elvis Stoyko do the same thing? I know Svetlana Khorkina threw out one of her olympic medals. Anyway it happened and it is a great story.

Anyway I think that Dave does a great job with the site with the writing and comments. Jenny does the editing. I don't think she was offended by her comments otherwise she would have deleted it. She did not seem upset at all. I personally would much rather watch something real, rather then just polish over everything. Kudos to Jenny and Dave for a healthy dose or reality!

Anyway slam me if you want to , give me those pathetic negative points, I got enough of them and was amused lol.

They have part three of the interview up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6GirFsRkvc

Elaine looks great very cool interview seems well grounded.

Top Secret FSU Witness Protection Location
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWarhol View Post
    how did you know he didn't check with her first?
    Perhaps he did. Jenny apparently does do all the final editing so she would have taken it out, no doubt. A bunch of fuss over nothing. Nothing to see here folks, moving on...
    Last edited by BigB08822; 03-13-2013 at 02:22 AM.
    -Brian
    "Michelle would never be caught with sausage grease staining her Vera Wang." - rfisher

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigB08822 View Post
    Perhaps he did. Jenny apparently does do all the final editing so she would have taken it out, no doubt. A bunch of fuss over nothing. Nothing to see here folks, moving on...
    Very true

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIronLady View Post
    Where are you getting this made-up back story from?
    It's not backstory it comes from kirks reaction completely but if she was offended or didn't like it It would have been edited out but her reaction was totally about a secret getting out- to me

vCash
    Jenny won 2 pewter medals in her career. I wonder which one she chucked?

Blergh
    vCash
    I love how real they all are in the interview. I absolutely love with Elaine Zayak, especially after this interview. I hope she's reading this and knows how much fans appreciate her candidness and are wuz-robbing her almost 30 years after 1984.

Banned Member
    vCash
    Pewter medals..... it is a consolation prize, like being a "runner up" to the podium. When you are given one, you do not get on the podium, you stand on the side of it for the pictures.

As a recipient of US pewter medals myself (I have 4 of them!) I can tell you that getting one sometimes feels WONDERFUL, like when you are 4th out of large competition group. However, once I got a 4th place in a group of four skaters.... getting this medal did not warm my heart, and it was AWFUL.

In any event, I NEVER threw out any of the medals I ever received from even small, local competitions ... they make LOVELY Christmas tree ornaments later in life .....

vCash
    Comment re Elaine at '94 US Nats: I loved her comeback, I love her, but... I've never been able to get over that awful Pebbles Flintstone pony tail she sported in 1994.
    "I hit him with my shoes... if he had given me the medal like I told him to, I wouldn't have had to hit him!" -- 8-year-old Rhoda Penmark in "The Bad Seed"

vCash
    Do you people really think she threw out her medal? as in gone forever? I don't think so. She was just having a diva moment, which I like. And from the interviews they seems to like divas, especially Russian divas, so I'm sure Jenny doesn't have an issue joking about her reaction to winning a pewter medal.
    Smoke a ciggy and have some fun!!!

vCash
    This story of the tossed pewter is a human reaction, and we see analogous things among highly driven and successful people in all fields. Jenny always conducted herself with outward respect and showed everyone kindness and a smile, and I think that's what's interesting. She could have acted ridiculous and miserable in public like I think some other skaters have. It is a hard job being a top American figure skater.

vCash
    The full 1 hour 22 min interview is up on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAlLabjukps

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12