Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I wouldn't be surprised if it is D/C. In an interview Caydee did after the Olympics it sounded like she and John wouldn't be sticking around together. But if they retire before Worlds I will be really ticked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    I'll bet it's D/C. Alexa Scimeca has just tweeted a couple things in the last few days about her & Chris being more in love than ever and how they're looking forward to the new season along with their coach. So it can't be them. I doubt it's Z/B. And I do think with John's injury last year and his age, the likelihood of him & Caydee making it to 2018 is pretty low.

I really, really hope it's not C/S. As we watch this Olympics, they're getting so much better and starting to come into their own, I really hope they keep going now and don't retire or split. They're just now starting to reach their potential, finally!! But with their history and Simon being already 26, they've probably considered retiring. I just really, really hope they don't.

Recently there was an article on Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier in a FL newspaper, linked to here somewhere--anyhow, in it, their rink director mentioned the possibility of Denney/Frazier making Worlds this year due to "retirements." I was thinking--there must be something being talked about in skating circles, otherwise why would she say that?

johndockley92, can't you give us some clue??? . . . I hate this suspense. :-(
    I imagine its D/C. That whole partnership was building toward this Olympics and with the young talent (K/O, little Denney & Brandon and Z/B who already took their Olympic berth) coming up and C/S now decisively unseating them as the definitive US #1, there's no reason to stay. I do hope they go to Worlds because with the way C/S are skating, we could possibly go 6-7 and clinch a third pairs spot in a depleted field. Then they can go away forever. Sorry, respect the consistency but I never need to see another D/C program as long as I live.

I don't see S/K splitting unless they break up as an off-ice couple. Alexa is intense and I think missing the Olympic team has her ready to be out for blood at Nats next year, not pack it in. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll leave their coach.

I doubt C/S will retire. Yes, they're 26 and 23 but look at the ages of the top 5 pair teams after the Olympic SP. They have established them as the clear U.S. #1 and will get deserved respect internationally going forward after these solid Olympic performances at the Olympics. And Worlds is in Boston in 2016. I think we'll see them 2 more seasons at least and wouldn't be surprised to sneak in for a World bronze.

Good luck to the US Pairs today!

vCash
    To be honest i see many teams that can pass up Z/B in the next couple years. If D/C stay together S/K, K/O, and even younger teams like Denny/Brandon and LeDuc/Leng.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    I would not miss D/C - although yesterday during Pairs SP I was musing on how much I used to like Denney and Barrett together. Denney and her catlike landings and her fug posture used to be really exciting back before she was (unsuccessfully) repackaged to be Caitlin.
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauren329 View Post
    I don't see S/K splitting unless they break up as an off-ice couple. Alexa is intense and I think missing the Olympic team has her ready to be out for blood at Nats next year, not pack it in. Unfortunately, I don't think they'll leave their coach.

I think you're right. This week Alexa tweeted a picture of her, Chris & Dalilah which was titled "Team Dalilah" and said how excited they all are for next season. I'm probably reading into it way too much, but I took that as possibly an answer to critics (like myself!) who have suggested they leave Sappenfield. At any rate, doesn't look like they're going anywhere. My hope now is that they get better choreography, at least, next season.

Is anyone else a wee bit surprised that we haven't heard of a Davis/Brubaker breakup yet?? Maybe Rockne's too busy cheering on Stefania. :-)

vCash
    Rockne is one lucky guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clairecloutier View Post
    Is anyone else a wee bit surprised that we haven't heard of a Davis/Brubaker breakup yet?? Maybe Rockne's too busy cheering on Stefania. :-)
    It could be funding-related. IIRC in the past we start hearing about a number of splits after the last cheque of the season goes out. I think everyone here would be absolutely stunned if they ended up staying together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Rockne is one lucky guy.
    He really is!! It was so cute in the K&C when she kissed her engagement ring and then blew him a kiss.

vCash
    In Vancouver we had D/B at 13 and E/L at 10 right? So we moved up to 12 and 9 this year. That is progress in the right direction at least!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    In Vancouver we had D/B at 13 and E/L at 10 right? So we moved up to 12 and 9 this year. That is progress in the right direction at least!!
    Hah, how glass half full! It's been a rough quad overall, starting with the Yankowskas/Coughlin split. Not sure I'm optimistic about the upcoming one either.

vCash
    S/K still have the most potential of all the US Pairs teams if they can get their shit together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    S/K still have the most potential of all the US Pairs teams if they can get their shit together.
    Not if they stay with Sappenfeld. U.S. pairs issues are complicated, but the lack of truly strong U.S. pairs coaches is a good place to start. Nicks is retired. Who else do you feel confident about?

vCash
    If Pang/Tong, Bazarova/Larionov, and Savchenko/Szolkowy retire, that could help US teams move up a tiny bit. I really don't see a lot of amazing young Russian teams ready to take over for the current top 3 that would be better than, say, Kayne/O'Shea or Denney/Frazier. Also I don't see any Canadian teams ready to take over for D/R and MT/M, although they may stick it out for a few more years.

vCash
    Watch out for the young Chinese pair teams. They'll be on the move...up!

vCash
    I forgot. It could very well be D/B going to splitsville.

Re US pairs - slow, painful growth seems to be the rule over the past several years. But, I was proud that C/S were going for 2 sets of SBS triples and a throw Quad this season along w/ challenging choreography. They've exceeded expectation at the Olympics.

I'd like to see, as Jammers put it, S/K get their shit together. I'm also fond of K/O - loads of potential there; he is strong, flexible, can jump and she's a little diva. I think those teams could pass Z/B.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Not if they stay with Sappenfeld. U.S. pairs issues are complicated, but the lack of truly strong U.S. pairs coaches is a good place to start. Nicks is retired. Who else do you feel confident about?
    That's a great point. ITA that S/K have loads of potential, but Sappenfeld probably isn't capable to bring them further by herself. But I don't even know where else they could go.

Please just tell me it's not D/S. I know they said before nationals that they wanted to continue on, but...it needs to be reaffirmed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post

Please just tell me it's not D/S. I know they said before nationals that they wanted to continue on, but...it needs to be reaffirmed.
    I saw a pic of them together taken yesterday at Skating Club of Boston, so hopefully they are keeping at it. Castelli/Shnapir certainly had a number of rough, rough years and staying together appears to have paid off (considering the Olympics are a pretty big accomplishment). But, to be honest, Donlan/Speroff both have jump issues; it's not like one is all the dead weight. They might as well stick it out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I forgot. It could very well be D/B going to splitsville.

Re US pairs - slow, painful growth seems to be the rule over the past several years. But, I was proud that C/S were going for 2 sets of SBS triples and a throw Quad this season along w/ challenging choreography. They've exceeded expectation at the Olympics.

I'd like to see, as Jammers put it, S/K get their shit together. I'm also fond of K/O - loads of potential there; he is strong, flexible, can jump and she's a little diva. I think those teams could pass Z/B.
    I'm going to assume you mean D/C (unless we've gone back in time to 2010 )

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I saw a pic of them together taken yesterday at Skating Club of Boston, so hopefully they are keeping at it. Castelli/Shnapir certainly had a number of rough, rough years and staying together appears to have paid off (considering the Olympics are a pretty big accomplishment). But, to be honest, Donlan/Speroff both have jump issues; it's not like one is all the dead weight. They might as well stick it out.
    I actually think Speroff has been pretty consistent with his jumping this season. IIRC the only jump error I remember is the popped axel at Nationals. I really hope that D/S stay together, they improved soo much this year, I am sure Nationals was a huge dissapointment for them especially not placing high enough to go to Four Continents.

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I'm going to assume you mean D/C (unless we've gone back in time to 2010 )
    I think olympic meant Davis/Brubaker.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast