Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Oh please. D/C skated at worlds once two years ago and placed 8th. They aren't Babilonia/Gardner or even Meno/Sand. D/C haven't been around long enough, nor are they medal contenders, to warrant any royal treatment. The top two should go, and if they don't, I suspect there will be an uproar. If D/C wanted to earn a spot, they should have skated better.
    D/C were not just '8th two years ago' but relevant this year and last'. It's not like Z/B were the national champs this year; they barely beat the 3rd place team with the two best programs they've ever done. They finished behind D/C all year.

Z/B and D/C have both been together since 2011 yet D/C have already been national champs, 5x grand prix medal winners and 4C silver medalists.

Z/B have beat D/C by .29 points at this year's nationals....they have one national bronze and no international medals.

That's probably what prompted the tweet not to be surprised at who's going to the Olympics. It would be nice if the world was "fair" but they will sent whoever they think will win the most medals for the USA end of story. It may be Z/B it may not. Either way both team can certainly stay until 2018.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    I've always loved how Madeline sets herself apart from the rest of the pack by having pointed toes & fingers, a straight back, and verve! And both she & Max set themselves apart from all the rest by "finishing" everything off in Tano style.

CONGRATULATIONS MADELINE & MAX ~ 2014 JR. NATIONAL PAIR CHAMPIONS!
    That's due to her ballet training...love her!

vCash
    I'm still thrilled that Marissa and Simon defended their title, though, they're my favorite US pair team and I loooooove their Bond program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Kiri did a beautiful, musical and spirited SP at Nationals and I also miss her as a Pairs Skater. May she find a great partner and go far, she is very talented.
    I believe Kiri chose to end the partnership because she prefers singles to pairs.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    If DC get it, if I were Rochne and McLaughlin, I would be upset. In 2010, They were even on the Olympic posters yet they had a bad nationals and did not make the team. Why is DC different from them? If you did not do it for R&M, why do it now?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondie12 View Post
    If DC get it, if I were Rochne and McLaughlin, I would be upset. In 2010, They were even on the Olympic posters yet they had a bad nationals and did not make the team. Why is DC different from them? If you did not do it for R&M, why do it now?
    But they were 5th that year, weren't they? They didn't only just miss out.
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    I'd send C/S and D/C to the Olympics. Take all the season's showings into account and no way does Z/B stack up over D/C. And I say this as somebody who likes Z/B's programs and skating and dislikes that of D/C. But like or dislike, D/C simply have a better chance of placing well, probably top 8. If Z/B go, I foresee them ending up no better than placement 12-15.

vCash
    True they will be 12-15 on an International stage. Look at Worlds last year S/K mushed C/S because of the look and artistry alone. International judging is totally different than US judging. C/S did a horrible FS program embarrassing and their "short (spin off the ice two foot landing of the sal?) clean" scores not well internationally cause it is easy big throw sal but usually two footed and spin/jump issues. D/C are consistent, experienced, and better liked on that stage...apparently S/K too 9th in the World for a reason...even with mistakes in the short S/K Internationally could beat C/S or Z/B just because of that style. D/C because of known factor and consistency.

Z/B are a team like D/C they will get there but there is not that special factor between them they are like brother and sister and their track record this year has been disastrous. They can skate clean but style artistry love looks line...that the International stage is looking for even lights out it is not there all though they are fun and exciting and can be clean or can be totally off depending but are kind of blocky. D/C are more liked and have what the International judges believe have paid their dues on an International stage already. Also no ones talked about the spots for pairs we need to hang on to.

vCash
    C/S and Z/B are the Olympic team!!

vCash
    Delete

vCash
    Yay for Z/B

vCash
    Zhang/Bartholomay and Castelli/Shnapir

for Denney/Coughlin

I forgot about Scimeca/Knierem until someone mentioned them in a previous post. Coming in to Nats, I thought they would make the team, but after the SP... Hopefully they will continue to get stronger and keep competing. They have so much potential.

vCash
    I hope C/S are up to the challenge of performing all four programs because Z/B won't come close to getting the US team to a medal with a personal best of 55.83 sp, 114.32 fs and 168.42 total.

Z/B won't crack the top 10 in the individuals but the federation should have thought about the team more when selecting the team.

vCash
    I'm glad that the Olympic Team was chosen fair & square by Nationals Results, as it has always been done so in the past. This is what makes me proud to be an American because we go by the RESULTS, nothing else, we are a FAIR country. This is what sets us apart from all the rest. jmho.

vCash
    I'm glad that the Olympic Team was chosen fair & square by Nationals Results, as it has always been done so in the past. This is what makes me proud to be an American because we go by the RESULTS, nothing else, we are a FAIR country. This is what sets us apart from all the rest. jmho.
    Tell that to Mirai....I think she's an American...

vCash
    The rest of the world is corrupt then? And I thought you've been going on and on about how Mirai wasn't chosen because she's Asian, and that the USFSA is racist?!

vCash
    Canada was quite fair in picking their team. No surprises. They went with the medalists.

vCash
    If they went by nationals results only for ladies they would be ignoring published selection criteria. If you compare the podium to the criteria for pairs there was no reason to deviate. D/C were greatly hurt by not competing last season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    Z/B are a team like D/C they will get there but there is not that special factor between them they are like brother and sister and their track record this year has been disastrous. They can skate clean but style artistry love looks line...that the International stage is looking for even lights out it is not there all though they are fun and exciting and can be clean or can be totally off depending but are kind of blocky.
    Onto slightly more quantifiable problems, one of the issues with Z/B that stood out negatively was their lack of ice coverage in the long. They almost never got near the corners of the rink, nor were they particularly fast. Am sure Peterson is a smart coach and will eventually have them fix these issues in time, but as of right now, I think this is something that will hurt their PCS scores internationally. They did everything cleanly in both program, though, and it's hard to argue with how well they skated in Boston.

vCash
    Outraged that Denny and Coughlin weren't chosen! This committee wasn't thinking about the team event obviously! One good skate from the other team doesn't mean they'll do it on the big stage.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast