Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Zhang/Bartholomay or Denney/Coughlin

Which team will they choose for the Olympics?

vCash
    What a pairs final group! The over score for D/C PCS is ridiculous.. I hope Z/B don't get screwed but I have a feeling that they will be Olympic alternates..

vCash
    I actually don't dislike Denney/Coughlin, but I really hope the team is Castelli/Shnapir and Zhang/Bartholomay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bronwynsings View Post
    I actually don't dislike Denney/Coughlin, but I really hope the team is Castelli/Shnapir and Zhang/Bartholomay.
    No one of the US pairs are medal contenders so I hope they stick with the top 2 finishers at Nationals: one pair that won the short program and have a huge quad element, and the other that skated two clean skates with full difficulty.

vCash
    Same here.

D/C are not my fav. team, but they seem like nice people.

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    seeing new posts in this thread I keep expecting to see news that Lindsay Davis is on partnersearch
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Reality TV's Bytch
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post
    seeing new posts in this thread I keep expecting to see news that Lindsay Davis is on partnersearch
    Or Rockne Brubaker.

vCash
    Is there any chance Rockne might team up with his previous partner again? I think I read somewhere she had been thinking of doing pairs again (I might be wrong and I can't remember where I read it if it wasn't here!)
    “What’s on the revengenda this evening?” – Nolan Ross

vCash
    Oh boy...

@USFigureSkating: Remember, this is not an Olympic trials. The Olympic team will be chosen and announced in two press conferences tomorrow. #Boston2014

vCash
    Oh boy...
    That's concerning.....

vCash
    Oh boy...
    Not surprising; they are basically stating D/C will be on the team.. If the PCS over scoring of them is any indication..

vCash
    Look at the past medal records between the two teams, if you were the US Fed who would you send if a team medal were on the line?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Look at the past medal records between the two teams, if you were the US Fed who would you send if a team medal were on the line?
    Oh please. D/C skated at worlds once two years ago and placed 8th. They aren't Babilonia/Gardner or even Meno/Sand. D/C haven't been around long enough, nor are they medal contenders, to warrant any royal treatment. The top two should go, and if they don't, I suspect there will be an uproar. If D/C wanted to earn a spot, they should have skated better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway2 View Post
    Oh please. D/C skated at worlds once two years ago and placed 8th. They aren't Babilonia/Gardner or even Meno/Sand. D/C haven't been around long enough, nor are they medal contenders, to warrant any royal treatment. The top two should go, and if they don't, I suspect there will be an uproar. If D/C wanted to earn a spot, they should have skated better.
    ^ This! I see no reason to put D/C on the team over anyone else if they didn't skate well enough here.

vCash
    I'm dreading the post-Nationals splits. Some rough skates out there today, but I really love so many of the teams.

vCash
    They'll give the nod to Z&B. I really doubt USFSA will risk controversy for D&C's sake. I don't think they'd even do it for Ashley, let alone D&C.
    "Marge, if you're going to get mad at me every time I do something stupid, then I guess I'm just going to have to stop doing stupid things!" - Homer Simpson in the Mr. Plow episode

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheylana View Post
    They'll give the nod to Z&B. I really doubt USFSA will risk controversy for D&C's sake. I don't think they'd even do it for Ashley, let alone D&C.
    I so hope you are right. I seem to remember last Olympics Caydee and Jeremy were the US favs, and finished below Evora and Ladwig so I see no reason for D/C to get the nod here. Z/B was gutsy and heartwarming. They should get to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw7wONeFrTo

vCash
    Maybe you got your wish. Who thinks U.S. fed will send Caydee and John instead? At this turn of events, I do feel sorry for John after he fought so hard to come back from that injury. But I absolutely love the way Zhang/ Bartholomay skated. Z/B are not a huge fave of mine but their performance was quite thrilling -- the stuff dreams are made of. They weren't thinking about anything but laying it down on competition ice the way they have been doing everyday in practice. Kudos also to Marissa and Simon for going out there with strength and excitement on their home ice and retaining their title.

What an exciting U.S. Championships this has been and still is! Thanks BTW to the skaters and to their coaches, and NOT to USFS nor to NBC, nor to icenetwork.
    Last edited by aftershocks; 01-11-2014 at 11:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I think the team event makes the decision a lot more complicated. Without it, I'd say definitely send the top 2 (C/S and Z/B), since no medal is on the line, but with the team competition, a medal IS on the line. D/C is overall the more proven team when it comes to consistency, plus more of an international rep, which is what Team USA is looking for for the team comp. Both C/S and Z/B have had meltdown-level performances on the GP that saw their scores drop significantly, whereas D/C even when they make mistakes tend to stay in the midst of things - I think it's too risky to send 2 teams like the former, and including a relatively a more solid team like D/C makes sense strategically.

In any case, I'm not really a fan of either D/C (won't rehash all the reasons other posters have noted) or Z/B (their elements seem really tiny, both live and on TV; but serious props for skating lights out at this event), so I'll be fine with whatever the decision. I can just see the argument for either decision.

vCash
    I would like to say that as an armchair fan I really enjoyed the pairs competition, which I usually find less interesting than the other disciplines in the US. But I liked watching C/S win again, and I also really enjoyed Z/B's performance. I found D/C's not very interesting...the only emotion shown was smiling, smiling, smiling to serious music...lifts were less compelling than other teams' IMO...and I hope that Z/B are named to the Olympic team.

Page 39 of 48 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast