Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

vCash
    [Christmas Day] Video: With 43 days left to go before the 2014 Olympic Winter Games in Sochi, TODAY’s Natalie Morales talks to U.S. figure skater pair Simon Shnapir and Marissa Castelli about preparing to compete.
    Link: http://today.com/sochi/olympic-ice-s...chi-2D11803331

Scimeca/Knierim's journal entry written on Christmas Day: http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/journal/
    Photo of the Vail show cast (iS/K & Aaron/Settlage were the 2 pairs): http://pic.twitter.com/xeabexAQBx
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Q&A: Simon Shnapir & Marissa Castelli: http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/a...issa-castelli/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Twitter:

WCVB-TV Boston ‏@WCVB 1h
    Video: Local figure skaters discuss security concerns at Olympic games http://on.wcvb.com/19Fi0lL
    Reporter talks to Simon and Marissa.

vCash
    Local Florida TV news report on the same topic: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...n-for-olympics
    American pair, Nate Bartholomay and Felicia Zhang are hoping to qualify for the Olympics. They're heading to Nationals next week.

After three years of practice, they're not going to let the attacks deter them. They feel confident, they will be safe with security forces working together.

"I have full faith in our federation. They know what we need and what we need to do best to compete at the Olympic games," said Zhang.

Bartholomay said, "In that regard, we also really trust the Russians skating federation to really provide support and top level security for an event like this."

vCash
    Is there an updated list of competitors in each discipline? The U.S. fed, IN, and event websites are not easy to navigate.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Icenetwork tweeted this link to bookmark for eventual results:

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

None of the links are active yet.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    I may have missed this, but why are Zaitsev and Stevens not skating at Nationals - I don't see their names on the roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxfan View Post
    I may have missed this, but why are Zaitsev and Stevens not skating at Nationals - I don't see their names on the roster.
    The sectionals thread said they withdrew, but no more information.

vCash
    Thank you for the quick reply - too bad about Zaitsev and Stevens.

vCash
    I believe both Zaitsev and Stevens were dealing with injuries.

vCash
    Nationals isn't the same without Divette. I believe she and Stevens are still together though; just healing some injuries and aiming for 2018. I always liked them together, but worried he was just a placeholder for her. It looks like they are sticking it out though, so that's encouraging.

vCash
    Sorry to hear that Zaitsev and Stevens are dealing with injuries. Had they been planning to compete in Junior pairs at Nationals this season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershocks View Post
    Sorry to hear that Zaitsev and Stevens are dealing with injuries. Had they been planning to compete in Junior pairs at Nationals this season?
    Yes, they entered Mids as juniors but withdrew the day before the SP.

vCash
    Maddy (aka Madeline Aaron) & Max (Settlage) are in 1st place after the Jr. Pairs SP!

Here's hoping they can keep it up and finally win the Jr. Pairs Title. *crossing fingers*

http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...s/results.html

vCash
    I'm sure I am missing something, but is there a reason Kiri Baga and Taylor Toth aren't competing this year? I didn't see any news of a breakup, are they dealing with injuries?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post
    I'm sure I am missing something, but is there a reason Kiri Baga and Taylor Toth aren't competing this year? I didn't see any news of a breakup, are they dealing with injuries?
    The split this past summer. Kiri is competing in senior ladies in Boston. Don't know what Taylor is up to.

vCash
    Thank you for the info! Sad we won't be seeing them this year...I liked Kiri as a pairs skater....

vCash
    Copied & pasted from my post over in the K&C Forum:

Thank the Good Lord for IN! Just now watched the Jr. Pairs FS replay, and was blown away by Maddy & Max per usual, and they have now added Jr. National Pair Champions to their other title of Novice National Pair Champions as well.

Can't wait till they enter Seniors next year (Max is aged out of Jrs. now anyway). And what a way to complete their Jr. career. Oops, not quite yet, they still have Jr. Worlds to go to this year.

I've always loved how Madeline sets herself apart from the rest of the pack by having pointed toes & fingers, a straight back, and verve! And both she & Max set themselves apart from all the rest by "finishing" everything off in Tano style.

CONGRATULATIONS MADELINE & MAX ~ 2014 JR. NATIONAL PAIR CHAMPIONS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeeky View Post
    Thank you for the info! Sad we won't be seeing them this year...I liked Kiri as a pairs skater....
    Kiri did a beautiful, musical and spirited SP at Nationals and I also miss her as a Pairs Skater. May she find a great partner and go far, she is very talented.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Any links on YouTube for the pairs SP by any chance?

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast