Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Tarah Kayne is very pretty, so is her dress. Those are 2 points in PCS, and rightfully so.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    2A+2A SEQ has a base of 3.3x2x.8, or 5.28 (or 5.81 in the second half). 2x/2T/2T has a base of 3.3+1.1+1.1, or 5.5 (or 6.05 in the second half). The difference is a not a lot.
    A 2A+2T+2T has has the base value of 3.3+1.3+1.3=5.9, so the bump in base value is 0.62 point. Not much, but better than nothing. And if it means that Caydee has to do one less 2A, I think the better (Caydee and John has very different 2A techniques, which promotes bad unison).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    You do realize skaters fall from triple throws as well, they may as well try it if they have it, it's worth 8 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    If it's a choice between a throw 2A+ or throw 4S in the FS, I'd say Castelli/Shnapir should go for the quad!

Comments taken into consideration, but I still say without a doubt that Castelli/Schnapir should *NOT* go for the throw-quad. I am emphatic on that point. Otherwise they will definitely be off the Olympic Team, finito, and will have to wait another loooong 4 years to try again. History proves me right: they went for it at the 2011 & 2012 US Nationals respectively, and it messed up everything else, resulting in them dropping to 5th place both years.

Whereas a clean solid stylish performance with sbs triple jumps, humongous split 3twist, and difficult lifts will get them on the podium, and did so last season ~ first time they ever medalled on the GP (bronze at NHK Trophy, not to mention bronze at 4CC), and of course secured them their first US National Title.

They've never landed the throw-quad in competition, not even in a little B competition, and I guarantee you they won't at US Nationals (where 2 spots for the Olympic Team are on the line), and is considered thee most stressful event for skaters, especially in a country that has lots of contenders. The PRESSURE is out of this world I've heard from many skaters because to even go to the Olympics one has to get past Nationals first, after that it's pretty much icing on the cake at the Olympics.

I will say no more on the subject, and just hope they go for consistency over riskiness to secure a spot on the Olympic Team. After that anything goes; the world will be their oyster at the Olympics, and they'll have nothing to lose, literally. Jmho.

vCash
    Unless Castelli & Shnapir can treat the quad throw as if it were just another element, and not focus on it too much mentally, it may continue to disrupt their program. The week prior to SLC they had worked with Marcotte again and she made significant changes to the FS. Absorbing those changes, plus trying the quad throw, may have put a bit too much pressure on the performance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Comments taken into consideration, but I still say without a doubt that Castelli/Schnapir should *NOT* go for the throw-quad. I am emphatic on that point. Otherwise they will definitely be off the Olympic Team, finito, and will have to wait another loooong 4 years to try again. History proves me right: they went for it at the 2011 & 2012 US Nationals respectively, and it messed up everything else, resulting in them dropping to 5th place both years.

They've never landed the throw-quad in competition, not even in a little B competition, and I guarantee you they won't at US Nationals (where 2 spots for the Olympic Team are on the line), and is considered thee most stressful event for skaters, especially in a country that has lots of contenders. The PRESSURE is out of this world I've heard from many skaters because to even go to the Olympics one has to get past Nationals first, after that it's pretty much icing on the cake at the Olympics.
    Um, they've tried the Th4S all of, what, twice in competition now? I think it's worthwhile to keep trying it through the fall comps to see what happens. Especially if their spins continue to be as bad as they've been.
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    Forget the throw quad, Simon has to learn how to do a sbs jump cleanly. I know people have set the bar so low for them that anything other than a total bellyflop from him on a jump is considered a success, but that's not going to cut it at worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Forget the throw quad, Simon has to learn how to do a sbs jump cleanly. I know people have set the bar so low for them that anything other than a total bellyflop from him on a jump is considered a success, but that's not going to cut it at worlds.
    And it did not cut it at World's given the scores from S/K Internationally. S/K have a beautiful short excited to see their long and I bet they are ready to go for their senior B warm-up competition. They have a lot of pressure after that injury but seeing Salt Lake they will do beyond regardless of what they do components are huge, and their look is amazing. Also given the stakes this year it seems cLean beautiful components and a story with a standing O ending, those are the teams that will go to the Olympics. It is still C/S choice and let's face it competition it fierce but no one else can decide it for them if they want to go for it then they should. IF they feel good about their program without then so be it but two "James Bond programs?" K/O do it for short then C/S do it for FS it's weird? but interesting seeing them together.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    It seemed like he was on the road to doing SBS jumps cleanly, but started to falter recently.

vCash
    D/C LP from the 2013 International Classic!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWNhU5DTBs

Dare I say, I think they found a good way to hide Caydee's lack of extension in the lifts, but overall she moves better. They also seem to have a little more power, and developed better overall presentation. Not bad!

vCash
    Thanks for the link. I liked that more than I expected to. Excellent unison on the sbs spin. I thought for the most part Caydee is looking fairly graceful. I'm still not a huge fan of her lift positions though that last lift is quite intriguing. It's always nice to see something new and fresh. John seems to be fully recovered. Looks to me like the US is going to have a nice battle for the top spot this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    I'm still not a huge fan of her lift positions though that last lift is quite intriguing.
    Yes! I love that last lift, and it's so much better than some of the positions they've attempted in the past. They're looking strong for early in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Yes. Denney/Frazier were listed as the Worlds alternate pair behind Zhang/Bartholomay on the Entries list.

No, my hearsay information is that Middleton is teaming up with Anthony Evans from Texas, who turns 21 in May and will no longer be ISU Junior age-eligible.

ETA: Takai/Johnson (N4) are also JGP age-eligible.
    Are there any images of Caydee with her new Pasrtner?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    Are there any images of Caydee with her new Pasrtner?
    The "Denney" mention above was about Caydee's younger sister Haven. She skates with Brandon Frazier in Florida and they won the junior world championship this spring. Caydee Denney is still skating with John Coughlin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgobluegirl View Post
    The "Denney" mention above was about Caydee's younger sister Haven. She skates with Brandon Frazier in Florida and they won the junior world championship this spring. Caydee Denney is still skating with John Coughlin.
    COOL!!! Are there any photos or Images of Denney/Frazer? BTW. why does that Guys name sound familar?

vCash
    Haven Denney and Brandon Frazier's official site has many pictures of them: http://www.havendenneyandbrandonfraz...o-Gallery.html

They will make their senior international debut at Ondrej Nepela Trophy in Bratislava, Slovakia, in early October.

ETA: Denney/Frazier were signed up to compete their senior programs in the Ellenton, Florida club comp., but they didn't compete their SP yesterday; FS is scheduled for tonight.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-21-2013 at 11:38 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FSWer View Post
    BTW. why does that Guys name sound familar?
    Maybe because Brendan Fraser (notice the different spelling) is a rather famous actor?

vCash
    Really looking forward to what will hopefully be a solid international debut for Davis/Brubaker at Nebelhorn this coming week. I have no particular "favorites" amongst the US pairs. Simply hoping for some strong outings from an increasingly deep field of teams. Would be great to see some positive momentum from the group as a whole this season internationally.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leapfrogonice View Post
    Really looking forward to what will hopefully be a solid international debut for Davis/Brubaker at Nebelhorn this coming week. I have no particular "favorites" amongst the US pairs. Simply hoping for some strong outings from an increasingly deep field of teams. Would be great to see some positive momentum from the group as a whole this season internationally.
    Bold mine.

ITA

In fact, Before the 2013 US International Classic, I wasn't that fond of D/C and was hoping we would have the US team for Sochi consist of C/S and S/K. But D/C have made enough improvements for my taste to not mind if they made the team.

vCash
    i agree with leapfrogice and olympic. I'm very hopeful at all the promising teams who will fight it out at US Nationals. Please may they all skate their best.

vCash
    Alexa Scimeca & Chris Knierim have debuted a new official site: http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/

New journal entry about their eventful summer: http://figureskatersonline.com/scimeca-knierim/journal/ (ETA: plus a pre-departure entry added on 9/30)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-30-2013 at 04:09 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast