Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

vCash
    love this program for them

vCash
    I'm rooting for Marissa and Simon this year. Despite being the National champions, IMO they're underdogs to make the Olympic team. This SP has some nice choreographic moments, but I hate the music choice with the watered-down, lyric-free versions of such popular songs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    This video of Leng/LeDuc popped up late - HD, up-close of their SP from Skate Detroit. You get to see some of the nice detail and nuances! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NlhstPdZfU

I like the curve she makes out of the 2twist. She really sinks that blade into the ice. Godness.

She needs a bit more energy though.He kind of overshadows her.

vCash
    Really liked Marissa and Simon's SP! They looked comfortable and pretty sharp for August. Definitely see improvement in Simon and I agree Marissa is a .
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    ^count me in as one who's impressed by C/S. A little spin-out by him on the SBS 3sal, but otherwise they look smoother, sharper and everything is so well-done choreographically. Definitely in the mix for the US Olympic team.

Looking at the protocols, they only got a LV 1 on the FW, though. Their marks would've been a couple points higher if they got a higher level. That's obviously going to get worked on for their next competition(s)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post

Thanks for posting this!

All I can say is WOW, W O W, W-O-W!!!

Seriously, "Black Magic Woman" was made for Ms. Castelli, now I know why she & Simon are my mom's favorites. Mom was blown away by them at 2012 Skate America, the first time she saw them skate, they are powerful & dynamic in person, as shown here too.

Thus far they are the very best I've seen of US pairs this summer. Easy to see why they are US National Champs. And I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them repeat as such in 2014. They are that good.

Proof that sticking it out and staying together for 7+ years yields well-deserved results in the end.

GOOOO CASTELLI & SCHNAPIR, MAKE THAT OLYMPIC TEAM!!!

vCash
    ^count me in as one who's impressed by C/S. A little spin-out by him on the SBS 3sal, but otherwise they look smoother, sharper and everything is so well-done choreographically. Definitely in the mix for the US Olympic team.

Looking at the protocols, they only got a LV 1 on the FW, though. Their marks would've been a couple points higher if they got a higher level. That's obviously going to get worked on for their next competition(s)
    I love the music but the program seems the same as last years pink panther. Not sure we will see tons of improvement when they are next to our whole pairs field it's tough this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    love this program for them
    Same here! If the other teams want the National title, they're going to have fight C/S for it. Pairs is going to be quite the battle this season.

Great program, interesting choreography that suits their style, and nice elements!

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    I'm rooting for Marissa and Simon this year. Despite being the National champions, IMO they're underdogs to make the Olympic team. This SP has some nice choreographic moments, but I hate the music choice with the watered-down, lyric-free versions of such popular songs.
    Agree that in this case lyrics could have enhanced the program, but at least they used instrumental portions of the original songs rather than some muzak-y orchestral cover of the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    I love the music but the program seems the same as last years pink panther. Not sure we will see tons of improvement when they are next to our whole pairs field it's tough this year.
    Since you made the comparison, I watched them side by side. Other than the black costumes and the order and layout of the first two elements, I failed to see any similarities. Different entrances to all of their elements, different connecting moves, different choreo, different positions. I suppose they are both upbeat, non-classical programs, but other than that, I don't think they're the same at all.

Loved Castelli's coupe position in their lift, and overall I like this program a lot and think they look pretty sharp for August.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_muslimah View Post
    Same here! If the other teams want the National title, they're going to have fight C/S for it. Pairs is going to be quite the battle this season.
    Did you imagine that US pairs would ever be riveting (at least on a National level) ?

vCash

Great program, interesting choreography that suits their style, and nice elements!
    Love Marissa and Simons new program! Great choice for them! Lots of energy, powerful and so nice to see a team go outside the box and do something different! It will just get better as the season progresses!

vCash
    If the other teams want the National title, they're going to have fight C/S for it. Pairs is going to be quite the battle this season.
    Let's not forget that Denny/Coughlin scored 67 pts in their SP a week ago, and Scimeca/Knierim scored 65 pts in their SP in June. These three teams all have a good shot at winning Nationals.

vCash
    Eh, he still looks stiff as a board to me.

vCash
    According to TanithandBenFan's post in the Kiss and Cry, Castelli/Shnapir aren't doing the free skate in Montreal today. They're scheduled for Cranberry Open next weekend so perhaps they will debut their Skyfall program then.

BTW, it's nice to see that Caitlin Fields has progressed well enough with her new Canadian partner, Sebastian Arcieri, that Skate Canada has assigned them to the JGP in Kosice, Slovakia (her first-ever international).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post
    Let's not forget that Denny/Coughlin scored 67 pts in their SP a week ago, and Scimeca/Knierim scored 65 pts in their SP in June. These three teams all have a good shot at winning Nationals.
    In addition, lets not forget that four other teams scored over 60 points in their SP at Skate Detroit. Zhang/Bartholomay scored 65, Donlan/Speroff scored 62 points, Leng/Leduc scored 61 points and Kayne/Oshea also scored 61 points. Davis/Brubaker were close at 58 points as well.

Add Denney/Frazier into the mix and it will be a very exciting pairs event at Nationals.

vCash
    Very impressed by Castelli & Shnapir's SP, as well as the way they skated it. Marcotte does a wonderful job choreographing for them. That 3 sal throw is one of the best in the world and it's too bad they don't have another reliable throw triple to match it. But all their experience together has paid off, they are skating with a new level of composure, it seems. Castelli is really lovely in lifts and has great energy.
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 08-12-2013 at 07:48 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    In addition, lets not forget that four other teams scored over 60 points in their SP at Skate Detroit. Zhang/Bartholomay scored 65, Donlan/Speroff scored 62 points, Leng/Leduc scored 61 points and Kayne/Oshea also scored 61 points. Davis/Brubaker were close at 58 points as well.

Add Denney/Frazier into the mix and it will be a very exciting pairs event at Nationals.
    I would also say that C/S's SP score would've been a couple point higher had it been at Skate Detroit

vCash
    I would also say that C/S's SP score would've been a couple point higher had it been at Skate Detroit
    Curious. What do you base this on? The L1 on steps "hurt" the score in Montreal, but Suidek is known as a fair and good caller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Curious. What do you base this on? The L1 on steps "hurt" the score in Montreal, but Suidek is known as a fair and good caller.
    I'm assuming that this was an international competition for C/S, in a sense. I don't think they were skating in front of a panel of US judges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madm View Post

Raise a great point and in my book both D/C and S/K have the beauty and consistency and better programs C/S program is basically the same type of program as last year would have been nice to see them stretch themselves. I think the fight is going to be from 3rd to 7th this year.
    For the team competition at Olympics do they take the third team placed at Nationals???

Page 20 of 48 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast