Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well, as of now, they will both need to move up a couple of places in order for the US to have 2 spots at the Olympics. Don't they?

vCash
    Doesn't it have to be a combined total of 28? Which means they are close, but okay.

Unless I have the number wrong...

vCash
    Yes, combined 28, so 12th (S/K) and 13th (C/S) is fine at the moment.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    I'm pretty sure it is 28 and aren't they at 25? Hopefully they will stay same or improve in long.

vCash
    S&K have so much potential. Which they probably won't reach with their current coach. I hope they at least go elsewhere for choreo next season.

vCash
    Right now they are under the 28 they need to keep two spots but it's still to close for the comfort. And i agree about S&K they do have a lot of potential but their coach is not know for her choreography. This is by far her most artistic team but she doesn't know what to do with them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    S&K have so much potential. Which they probably won't reach with their current coach. I hope they at least go elsewhere for choreo next season.
    I think S/K deserve huge kudos for skating so well for the first Worlds outing after an injury and only one year together. There should be a bigger lead over C/S and I would not be surprised to see them pass C/S next year. Hopefully USFSA will push them to get some outside choreo. I have not been this excited about a US pair in forever.

vCash
    ^I think C/S and S/K are fine for retaining 2 spots for the US. The combined total needed is 28 and right now they are no. 12 and 13 = 25. Sad to see Simon bite it on the SBS 3sal. If he had been clean like he has been all season, their SP mark would've been around 59 points and they would be in the top 10. *Sigh* It looked like S/K got dinged a little for her landing on the throw 3flip (did she touch down? I re-watched but I couldn't really tell) and I think Chris UR'd the SBS 3sal?

Anyway, they have a sizable lead over both the British and no. 2 Italian pairs. They would have to really mess up horribly to lose 2 spots (oh wait, we're talking about US pairs, aren't we? LOL)

vCash
    Where did you see the event? I am a subscriber to Ice Network but don't see it on there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith17 View Post
    Where did you see the event? I am a subscriber to Ice Network but don't see it on there.
    There are some feeds listed in the TV section of this website. The men's is on right now. I'm watching Latvian tv.

vCash
    Thanks!

vCash
    Just watched C/S & S/K sps on youtube. Not bad at all.

They both have HUMONGOUS 3twists (should receive +GOE), and if Simon hadn't fallen on his sbs jump they would definitely be a few points ahead of where they are at now, and except for that slight forward landing on the throw 3S by Alexa they too would be ahead by at least a point. Btw C/S's throw 3S was OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD!!!!

It's definitely going to be a dogfight for the two teams that make the Olympics next year. And if John hadn't sustained that hip injury & subsequent surgery afterwards, I would have had him & Caydee ahead by a mile! Now, however, I'm not so sure. IF they skate like they skated before the surgery, then *definitely* 210% they're on the team, as they are miles ahead of everyone else. But if they're not quite up to par because of John's hip then all bets are off.

Then again I'm thinking how McLaughlin & Brubaker were considered a sure thing, then look what happened! So either way all bets are off. Seriously, whomever wants it the most will be the victor, after all to the victor go the spoils.

My only regret, I wish the Americans (and for that matter the world) had a truly magnificent artistic team in the vein of G&G. *sigh* This is why I haven't been interested in pairs (except for the Americans) in over a decade. I do like power pairs and big jumps, twists, et al, but if only there was one that truly had it all. The artistic qualities of Donlan/Speroff combined wth the power of D/C, C/S, S/K. Hmmm, I'm thinking Aaron/Settlage are the ones, they combine both exquisitely. Fingers crossed for when they finally enter seniors.

GOOOOOOOOOOO C/S & S/K, EARN 2 SPOTS FOR THE OLYMPICS NEXT YEAR!!!

vCash
    According to what's being said on the World's Pairs SP thread, the U. S. has already qualified 2 entries for the Olympics. This is because they are among the 16 that made it to the free program.

Edit: After rereading--They could only lose the 2 spots if Kemp/King overtake both of them.
    Last edited by Jessica; 03-13-2013 at 11:31 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    There are some feeds listed in the TV section of this website. The men's is on right now. I'm watching Latvian tv.
    Do you have a link?? Please??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdonavan View Post
    Do you have a link?? Please??
    Please check the threads on the TV alert page.

vCash
    I think that the original choreography of Scimeca and Knierim's short program was fantastic: it fit their style very well and brilliantly camouflaged their greatest weakness by making it look like a deliberate choice that augmented the mood and tone of the music. It takes a skilled choreographer to do that - but moreover, a clever choreographer who understands both her skaters and her judges. However, the program requires a quiet confidence and Scimeca/Knierim seemed shaky today; they weren't into their knees and ankles, which often happens when skaters get nervous. They seemed rushed, which also contributed to the program not working to its full potential. to Scimeca for hanging onto the 3FTh: very few girls could have landed that thing on one foot. (They both contributed to the of the takeoff, but the landing was all her.)

Looking at the PCS, both U.S. pairs would have to have a meltdown of epic proportions to both move behind Kemp and King (who should be very, very proud of their short program): Scimeca and Knierim have four points on Kemp and King and Castelli and Shnapir have over 6.5 points on Kemp and King in PCS alone. That says quite a bit about the judges' opinions of the three teams. Of course, ice is slippery.

vCash
    Well Alexa & Chris will most definitely finish in the top 10 at their first Worlds!

They blew the Italians away and rightfully so. However, I feel kinda bad for C/S, they did everything they could, but really need that throw 4S in order to make a move on the big stage. Jmho.

Great job by both American pair teams though, and they both earned 2 spots for next year's Olympics, Yippee!

vCash
    From Twitter:

Lynn Rutherford ‏@LynnRutherford
    Mixed zone-Dalilah Sappenfield revealed Vancouver choreographer Mark Pillay will likely do ScimecaKnierim FS for next season. #FSWorlds13

vCash
    Pillay choreographed Dornbush's "With or Without You"/U2 SP this season. More info about him on this club's site: http://www.vancouverskatingclub.ca/mark_pillay.html
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Pillay choreographed Dornbush's "With or Without You"/U2 SP this season. More info about him on this club's site: http://www.vancouverskatingclub.ca/mark_pillay.html
    Thanks Sylvia. I love the choreo for Dornbush's SP. Excited to see what Pillay comes up with for Scimeca/Knierim.
    Are there any other of his programs that are available on youtube, would you know?
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast