Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    Well for what ever reasons Rockne and Lindsay did what they did. Look at Scimeca and Kneirim there new short program is the same music he used with His former partner, Andrea Poabst, papa can you hear me? Very tacky as well regardless if new choreographer or not, but for whatever reason Rockne and Chris and the new partners dont care how there former partners feel. Very unfortunate and I'm with analia, bad karma for sure. But to each there own.
    Do we know that Lindsay had a say, or not, in what was used? She may have been ok with it all.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellH View Post
    Bad Karma? Denney/Coughlin, anyone?
    two snaps and a hey!
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    OMG. What is with this poster-generated drama regarding MBM and D/B??? She made a decision to move on to battle her personal demons. Rockne moved on, found a new partner and decided to keep the music. In a recent IN article, he acknowledges that and states that their team retooled some of the choreography to make it fitting for 2 adults. MBM gives an interview that it hurts to see he kept the music. I'm sorry for her difficulties, but, grow up - In adult life, people move on and do what is best for them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    OMG. What is with this poster-generated drama regarding MBM and D/B??? She made a decision to move on to battle her personal demons. Rockne moved on, found a new partner and decided to keep the music. In a recent IN article, he acknowledges that and states that their team retooled some of the choreography to make it fitting for 2 adults. MBM gives an interview that it hurts to see he kept the music. I'm sorry for her difficulties, but, grow up - In adult life, people move on and do what is best for them
    Seriously!

vCash
    Well for what ever reasons Rockne and Lindsay did what they did. Look at Scimeca and Kneirim there new short program is the same music he used with His former partner, Andrea Poabst, papa can you hear me?
    Maybe he likes skating to that piece of music.

Very tacky as well regardless if new choreographer or not, but for whatever reason Rockne and Chris and the new partners dont care how there former partners feel.
    How do you know what Rockne, Chris, and their partners feel? Did they all individually tell you they don't care about the ex-partners?
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    Maybe he likes skating to that piece of music.

How do you know what Rockne, Chris, and their partners feel? Did they all individually tell you they don't care about the ex-partners?
    This is a forum! Lol just chiming in and commenting like everyone else! Relax

vCash
    This is a forum! Lol just chiming in and commenting like everyone else! Relax
    There's a difference, which you seem to have missed, between giving opinions on an issue and making unsupported declarations about people's intentions and feelings. I somehow don't think you would be LOLing or telling people to relax if you were the subject of the second kind of remark.
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

vCash
    Da Capo Aria

'A' section: He is meeeeeaaaaannnnn!!!!

'B' section: For he has betrayed the sanctity of their sacred union.

Ritornello: He is meeeaaaaannnnn!!!! (To be sung with many flourishes and ornamentations which are traditionally improvised)

Where is Handel when you need him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by overedge View Post
    There's a difference, which you seem to have missed, between giving opinions on an issue and making unsupported declarations about people's intentions and feelings. I somehow don't think you would be LOLing or telling people to relax if you were the subject of the second kind of remark.
    I made the comment and lolling based on your reaction. IMO what Rockne and Chris chose to do along with coaches and new partners Could be hurtful to MBM and Andrea. That is for sure Not a lolling matter. But it's only my opinion.

vCash
    Mary Beth left the partnership for personal reasons, leaving Rockne partnerless at the start of last season. Did she communicate to Rockne that she didn't want him to use the music and choreo for a possible new partnership? We don't know, but it's likely that her attention was focused on her personal issues and she didn't give a thought to what she was leaving behind.

Does anyone think Rockne was hurt when Mary Beth left? He probably was, to some extent, but he's an adult and kept his personal feelings to himself.

Now Mary Beth says she is hurt that Rockne went ahead and used the music and choreo with his new partner. She doesn't seem to recognize that she walked abruptly away from the partnership, and Rockne has had to pick up the pieces and move ahead as quickly and efficiently as he possibly could, with the Olympic season in the balance. It makes a lot of sense that he's reusing the music and choreo, since it saves time and money. He certainly isn't doing it to upset Mary Beth.

All I can say is that I am glad that Rockne now has a mature partner.

vCash
    I made the comment and lolling based on your reaction. IMO what Rockne and Chris chose to do along with coaches and new partners Could be hurtful to MBM and Andrea. That is for sure Not a lolling matter. But it's only my opinion.
    "Rockne and Chris and the new partners dont care how there former partners feel" is not an opinion, it's a statement.

vCash
    Here is the link of Poabst and Kneirim show their 2011 short program on there bio, which was the same music he now is using with Scimeca.

http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/de...d=40231&mode=P
    Have you seen the Broadmoor short program from S/K? Watch before you comment you will be shocked I was. It is not a Junior program from years ago. There are not words for the beauty it contains so I would be interested in your comments after seeing it and then watching it.

Interesting point...although totally different years apart, different cut of music, and totally different choreography. Also the team above was junior. Not comparable at all??? Rockne using same music same cut same choreography same level and used year after..seeing any difference???
    No one is saying you should never skate to something you skated to before it is often done with shorts sometimes used three years in a row but at least have the class to change music cuts use it a few years after from different years and maybe if you used it in Novice try it in Senior or Junior second year around.
    ..weak comparison.

Also D/B they are not placing high I hope they do soon and things turn around for them...and it may work but not comparable at all. Have you seen S/K's short from Broadmoor I watched it. I have never in my life seen anything like it ever. Shocking and uncompilable to anything or anyone that has ever skated to this. Watch it and see. DO split screen with a Junior team and a Senior team and see? WOW it is so not the same thing.

S/K still hold the highest short score so hmm something is different and uncompilable with D/B but everyone has to fight for their spot and obviously it is their choice what and when they skate to something either team.

I think it is strategic on D/B's part and could be smart but if Rockne had skated to music in Junior and really liked it recut the music and totally different cuts and choreography and now is going to use it for the Olympic year with Davis that would be cool with me I would never remember the Junior program anyway?
    That is not what happened at all. Again I still say you have to make the choice and Rockne said there has been a huge amount of positive feedback so this is maybe according to the IN article the best move for them. I could be wrong there for sure. Maybe this is their moment to shine. It could work out totally rockin. Who knows with skating and US Pairs??

Obviously there is a reason it is his and theirs alone to make ...we should not judge them and they should have their choice. These are just opinions but bad form bringing up S/K and especially since they are obviously on fire getting standing O from Judges At Broadmoor for their short I heard and then from what I saw I am still in shock so thanks for the enthusiasm to watch it.it cost me money but I'd pay it again...wow S/K just WOW.
    If that was D/B's deal and they wanted to use music from three years ago Junior then hit it. If you have not watched S/K you should not any Senior short comes close yet this year thanks again. Just Wow.

vCash
    To this I agree that hey they decided that and others do other stuff relaxing and moving on and let it be. That is what they decided. Now lets have a US Pair season WHOOOOOOO!!!!

vCash
    S/K i think will be the next great US Pairs team. D/C even when they skate clean don't seem to be able to break into that elite group of teams because overall they lack the skating skills of S/K. Caydee has to many weaknesses compared to the top Pairs ladies.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by figureit View Post
    Have you seen the Broadmoor short program from S/K? Watch before you comment you will be shocked I was. It is not a Junior program from years ago. There are not words for the beauty it contains so I would be interested in your comments after seeing it and then watching it.

Interesting point...although totally different years apart, different cut of music, and totally different choreography. Also the team above was junior. Not comparable at all??? Rockne using same music same cut same choreography same level and used year after..seeing any difference???
    No one is saying you should never skate to something you skated to before it is often done with shorts sometimes used three years in a row but at least have the class to change music cuts use it a few years after from different years and maybe if you used it in Novice try it in Senior or Junior second year around.
    ..weak comparison.

Also D/B they are not placing high I hope they do soon and things turn around for them...and it may work but not comparable at all. Have you seen S/K's short from Broadmoor I watched it. I have never in my life seen anything like it ever. Shocking and uncompilable to anything or anyone that has ever skated to this. Watch it and see. DO split screen with a Junior team and a Senior team and see? WOW it is so not the same thing.

S/K still hold the highest short score so hmm something is different and uncompilable with D/B but everyone has to fight for their spot and obviously it is their choice what and when they skate to something either team.

I think it is strategic on D/B's part and could be smart but if Rockne had skated to music in Junior and really liked it recut the music and totally different cuts and choreography and now is going to use it for the Olympic year with Davis that would be cool with me I would never remember the Junior program anyway?
    That is not what happened at all. Again I still say you have to make the choice and Rockne said there has been a huge amount of positive feedback so this is maybe according to the IN article the best move for them. I could be wrong there for sure. Maybe this is their moment to shine. It could work out totally rockin. Who knows with skating and US Pairs??

Obviously there is a reason it is his and theirs alone to make ...we should not judge them and they should have their choice. These are just opinions but bad form bringing up S/K and especially since they are obviously on fire getting standing O from Judges At Broadmoor for their short I heard and then from what I saw I am still in shock so thanks for the enthusiasm to watch it.it cost me money but I'd pay it again...wow S/K just WOW.
    If that was D/B's deal and they wanted to use music from three years ago Junior then hit it. If you have not watched S/K you should not any Senior short comes close yet this year thanks again. Just Wow.
    To answer your question, yes I saw the short actually live and was there in person for the Broadmoor Open. The program is very nice and they should do very well. My statements of re using music or programs when used in previous partnerships are to each there own. And Best of luck to all the us pairs team I think the us has a lot of talented teams with potential to do great things.

vCash
    Re-using something your helped create, or even created on your own, happens a lot in my line work. Without all this additional hand-wringing and woe is me to accompany it . Not sure why this comment rubs me the wrong way since it should be perfectly ok to say watching a program you worked on is hard. Somehow, taking that additional step and saying this makes you lose respect for a former partner is very off-putting, however.

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ioana View Post
    Re-using something your helped create, or even created on your own, happens a lot in my line work. Without all this additional hand-wringing and woe is me to accompany it . Not sure why this comment rubs me the wrong way since it should be perfectly ok to say watching a program you worked on is hard. Somehow, taking that additional step and saying this makes you lose respect for a former partner is very off-putting, however.
    I think there might be a difference here, though. When you are employed by someone else to do the work, you legally have no claim to the project (as seen repeatedly in patent case law). I'm not sure MBM would have made the comments she did if this had been looked at more from a business perspective and there had been a mutual agreement to deal with the financial issues. At least it sounds as if she might have been a bit blind-sided by it and consequently had, IMO, an emotional reaction. I also still cut her a little slack for her youth.

vCash
    This isn't the first time this happened-- I remember a US ice dancer using music from Chicago for a FD one season with one partner, and the same cuts and choreography with a different partner for the next. It was a timing issue for them, IIRC. I'm not going to judge. I don't know what happened behind the scenes, and without disrespecting Mary Beth, I can say that Rockne is a gentleman. I have a hard time believing that there is any malice behind the decision to use the program.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Pairs scoretracker has been updated: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/

I heard that Aaron/Settlage scored well in their Junior exhibition at Colorado Championships this past weekend (50+ in SP, 90+ in FS) but since I don't have official confirmation of their scores, they're not listed in Scoretracker yet.

ETA that National champs Marissa Castelli/Simon Shnapir are scheduled to debut their programs at the Quebec Summer Championships near Montreal this coming weekend - I've started an event thread in the Kiss and Cry.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 08-05-2013 at 06:16 PM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    When MBM was interviewed by Dave and Jenny, I remember her going on about much she loved that program. I can see why he would be inclined to reuse it, but I'm for Mary Beth.
    Well, it is sad.....but she had to make a choice for herself, and she did. Did she expect everyone else to not touch anything that was "hers". I certainly understand her being sad. But she chose to leave (for good reason) and her "heartbreak" is a little over the top. How's about a bit of compassion for the situation she left her partner in.
    DH - and that's just my opinion

Page 17 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast