Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

vCash
    Where is the link to the schedule please!

vCash
    ^^^ I don't think the Skate Detroit schedule is online yet - it's being emailed to registered competitors. I will start a thread for 2013 Skate Detroit in the 2013-14 Kiss and Cry forum when the schedule is online.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    ^^^ I don't think the Skate Detroit schedule is online yet - it's being emailed to registered competitors. I will start a thread for 2013 Skate Detroit in the 2013-14 Kiss and Cry forum when the schedule is online.
    Ok Thank you!

Go Team SW Florida! =)
    At Great American Ballpark cheering on my Cincinnati Reds
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yfbg722 View Post
    Received a schedule for Detroit yesterday - senior pairs event will be two hours. No idea who's registered yet but sounds like lots of teams. I'm excited!
    Quote Originally Posted by jkl View Post
    Two hours of Senior Pairs! Oh my foolish heart is so happy...........
    This makes my heart happy too! I can't wait to go to Detroit and see some summer skating!
    An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

"I guess I'm just...I'm not used to someone putting me first." -Emma, Once Upon a Time, episode 2x3, Lady of the Lake

vCash
    Does anyone have a wrap up of all the Senior Pair short program scores at the local competitions so far?
    Haven't seen a post on that and am curious because many of them have competed.

I'm not going to get into specifics, but it's certainly frozen over.
    vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Impromptu View Post
    Thanks this was great! I wish it was divided into SP scores and FS scores separately so we can compare each without math lol but it was good to see. So C/S and D/C are the two big ones missing that I can see. Can't wait to see more maybe at Detroit?

vCash
    Chris Knerim had to have surgery a few days ago after a training accident on his ankle. Britney Simpson also had to have shoulder surgery. We need these teams to stay healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chachacha View Post
    Chris Knerim had to have surgery a few days ago after a training accident on his ankle. Britney Simpson also had to have shoulder surgery. We need these teams to stay healthy.
    Agreed. This is a setback for C/S this is the time when the heavy training happens. They really had momentum from last year and evidently skated a great SP at Broadmoor. Hope he's not off the ice for to long because i see them as the team to beat at Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Agreed. This is a setback for C/S this is the time when the heavy training happens. They really had momentum from last year and evidently skated a great SP at Broadmoor. Hope he's not off the ice for to long because i see them as the team to beat at Nationals.
    I think you mean S/K, Jammers?

Anyway, it would be great to know what type of ankle surgery this would be. It sounds pretty ominous! Could it be something arthroscopic which would be relatively minor or did he break a bone? They are turning into my favorite team. I probably jinxed them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    I think you mean S/K, Jammers?

Anyway, it would be great to know what type of ankle surgery this would be. It sounds pretty ominous! Could it be something arthroscopic which would be relatively minor or did he break a bone? They are turning into my favorite team. I probably jinxed them.
    It was a broken bone

vCash
    So sorry to hear of these injuries. Wishing both Simpson and Knerim speedy recoveries for their surgeries

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by halffull View Post
    So sorry to hear of these injuries. Wishing both Simpson and Knerim speedy recoveries for their surgeries
    The friend I have there said neither of these injuries was even in an article because the healing time does not effect either ones training time. With hearsay you never know but it was encouraging regardless. Simpson's surgery tightened things up and is already rehabbing and Knerim's injury is done and will be back into a boot in four weeks. My understanding is he will be at the rink daily training and working on arms (as a guy I would think this would be torture lol but needed) this may result in an even higher component score which I know both teams are focused on. I hope they achieve their goals!!
    THE BIG NEWS OF THIS INFORMATION IS HOW HIGH S/K"s SP SCORE WAS AT BROADMOOR which if I am not wrong would have given them fourth at World's I am excited with what we are seeing from these new teams. Can't wait to see D/C and C/S when do those teams compete next???? It would be nice to see how these two teams would measure up. We are seeing some awesome things so far.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    So will S/K be ready for their GP events? Hoping so!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Scimeca/Knierim's first GP is Cup of China, Nov. 7-9, so hopefully yes.

I believe Denney/Coughlin plan to compete August 2-3 at the Colorado Championships. Castelli/Shnapir have registered to compete in the Quebec Summer Championships near Montreal Aug. 8-11.

AFAIK, Lindsay Davis/Rockne Brubaker are scheduled to show their programs in exhibition this weekend at Skate Milwaukee, July 12-13.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Scimeca/Knierim's first GP is Cup of China, Nov. 7-9, so hopefully yes.

I believe Denney/Coughlin plan to compete August 2-3 at the Colorado Championships. Castelli/Shnapir have registered to compete in the Quebec Summer Championships near Montreal Aug. 8-11.

AFAIK, Lindsay Davis/Rockne Brubaker are scheduled to show their programs in exhibition this weekend at Skate Milwaukee, July 12-13.
    Heard Scimeca/Knerim's timeline is 4 weeks to competition readiness for FS short has been done with broadmoor with MEGA score! Also Simpson/Blackmer same time.which is way before November but not sure about competing before then. I'm thinking Champs Camp is their fist time for long programs. Denny/Coughlin are August too but not sure how their training is going either. and Castelli/Snapir are August as well and I am most excited about those three teams.
    Davdi/Brubaker from the show they did was not thrilled at all but maybe with more time things will rock for them one never knows. Also heard Donlon/Seroff had a rocking short their first go out. Will be an interesting August! Where is Champs Camp? and can anyone watch or do they sell tickets? and is there a link for Davis/Brubacker competition this weekend?

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    He'll be ready in four weeks after a broken bone? That's good news!

Champs Camp in Colorado Springs is not open to the public, but if you have a few extra thousand dollars you can attend!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post

Champs Camp in Colorado Springs is not open to the public, but if you have a few extra thousand dollars you can attend!
    Ah ya no extra thousands of dollars hanging around me...trying to save for Nationals don't want to miss this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post

Perhaps it was a small bone in his foot and thus not as consequential?

vCash
    Klopstock and Johnson, who were training under Meno/Sandd have split. He appears to be auditioning for shows and stepping away from competition.

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast