Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Any chance that Donlan and Speroff will be added to the alternates list with their win in Slovakia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hippychick View Post
    Any chance that Donlan and Speroff will be added to the alternates list with their win in Slovakia.
    Ask our resident expert kwanfan1818 in the GP Assignments thread : http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...=1#post4007002
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    If I understand the GP Announcement correctly, Donlan and Speroff will be added to the alternates list, but not at the end of it, which they'd be by winning Ondrej Nepala; rather they'll be 3-7 4-8* couples away from being moved into the Top Five group from which alternates are chosen, based on their SB 38 from last season. Still, it's not very likely that they'll get a GP spot off the alternates list.

*This depends on whether teams with one or none get selected off the list. A team with none remains in the Top Five until it gets two. A team with one that gets a second opens up a spot for a new team. [ETA: I recalculated the number of selections before D/S could move into the Top Five, both worse-case and best-case scenarios and fixed it. The earliest they could be picked is 5th; the latest isn't never, but they could be bypassed for quite a while.]

They were not on the alternates list before Nepala, because didn't make the GP (total) minimum at Skate America (they were 4.16 shy), and they missed the GP SP TES minimum (20) -- new this year -- twice last (Skate America, Nebelhorn 2012) by less than a point. At Nepala, they exceeded the minimum by 12.83 points, or 64%
    Last edited by kwanfan1818; 10-05-2013 at 08:15 AM.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    For anyone who missed it in the K & C -

D/S LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SMn7ETOSUA

They seem to be gaining confidence and they skated with good speed / attack on most elements. I couldn't tell how well she landed the first throw jump ... except those SBS jumps. I'm not sure what they will ever be able to do about their jumps. Still, good score and the win might further bolster them. I'm also glad she pruned down the tutu; IMO the bigger tutu distracted from her beautiful extension

S/K LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_4eqd6fs0I

I braced for worse when I saw the score, but considering that he is coming off of injury, I was generally pleased by this performance. It's obvious they are working on PCS. The step-outs on the throw jumps were minute and they move across the ice with such natural ease. I was also worried that he might still be injured but it didn't appear that he struggled at all through the performance. I imagine they will work on just getting their consistency together for the GP series

vCash
    I actually think that D/S sbs jumps have improved tremendously this year. They have not had a UR call in their S/P on their 3 toes all year, and no falls. At midAtlantics they landed all jumps cleanly. Hopefully Nepala will serve as a confidence booster for them. While D/S are definitely amoung the weaker of the top US pairs jump wise I still don't think that any of the US teams can be called completely consistent. None of the US teams jumped well in the LP at Nepala and D/S were the only US team to both land their jumps in the SP, it seems like someone should celebrate that!

vCash
    Eloquently stated, hippychick, and I concur.

Here's to celebrating Gretchen Donlan & Andrew Speroff on their growing consistency. They've worked hard and it's paying off in big ways, YES!!!!

vCash
    Tweeted by USFS today:
    NEWS: Britney Simpson and Matthew Blackmer have withdrawn from 2013 Rostelecom Cup. They will be replaced by Lindsay Davis and @RockneBru86.

Simpson underwent rotator cuff and labral repair surgery in June and will not be fully healed in time for the event.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    GREAT NEWS for Lindsay & Rockne! YESSSSS! (thanks for posting it, Sylvia)

I really do love this pair, have since I heard they were first pairing up, and even moreso when I saw them skate at their most recent competition at the US International Classic. Love their costumes, music, choreography, moves, spins (yeah they're doing the reverse lasso lift!), and everything else in between. Here's hoping they skate clean and do well at Rostelecom Cup.

And I'm truly sorry to hear about Simpson/Blackmer, another favorite of mine since I first saw them skate "Titanic" (iconic performance imho), but it's wise to take time to heal Britney's injury properly and then come back fierce & fighting.

vCash
    Heads up:

Madeline Aaron & Max Settlage skate tomorrow (they already have a silver thus far on the JGP, here's hoping for the same or better results):

http://www.isuresults.com/results/jgpest2013/

GOOOOOOOOOOO MADELINE & MAX!!!!

ps: hopefully somebody puts up a youtube video tomorrow (crossing fingers)...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post

ps: hopefully somebody puts up a youtube video tomorrow (crossing fingers)...
    All the JGP videos get posted on this youtube channel almost immediately: http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP20...ure=g-high-crv

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Davis/Brubaker are on the ISU GP grid for Rostelecom Cup as of the 9 October iteration.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    ^ I think 5 US teams have 2 GP slots (D/C, S/K, C/S, Z/B and now D/B). That must be a record!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    All the JGP videos get posted on this youtube channel almost immediately: http://www.youtube.com/user/ISUJGP20...ure=g-high-crv
    Thanks, I can't wait!

vCash
    reese, you're right they just posted the first team's video, yeah, now Maddy & Max are up!

vCash
    I'm a bit surprised that D/B have two assignments. I just don't see them as contenders to even make the Olympic team.

vCash
    I do!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    ^ I think 5 US teams have 2 GP slots (D/C, S/K, C/S, Z/B and now D/B). That must be a record!
    Make it 6 pairs now! USFS just tweeted that Haven Denney/Brandon Frazier have accepted an invite to Skate Canada.

Skate America: Castelli/Shnapir, Denney/Coughlin, Zhang/Bartholomay
    Skate Canada: Davis/Brubaker, Denney/Frazier
    Cup of China: Scimeca/Knierim, Zhang/Bartholomay
    NHK Trophy: Castelli/Shnapir, Denney/Frazier
    TEB: Denney/Coughlin
    Rostelecom Cup: Davis/Brubaker, Scimeca/Knierim

Cup of Nice: Calalang/Sidhu, Leng/LeDuc
    Ice Challenge: TBA
    Last edited by Sylvia; 10-11-2013 at 05:54 PM.

vCash
    Is it possible for Kayne/ O'Shea to get a GP?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johndockley92 View Post
    Is it possible for Kayne/ O'Shea to get a GP?
    Yeah it's sad that a team that's superior to some of the teams getting GP assignments is stuck outside looking in. D/B should not have gotten two events while a team that has been far more impressive like K/S don't have any.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Yeah it's sad that a team that's superior to some of the teams getting GP assignments is stuck outside looking in. D/B should not have gotten two events while a team that has been far more impressive like K/S don't have any.
    Don't the host nations select alternate picks instead of the ISU? In the past, a big problem we've seen on occasion is that the hosts would pick "lesser" picks instead of the next best skaters in line in order to not make the field any more difficult for their own country's skaters. The point of the GP should be to have the absolute strongest fields possible, not to make it an invitational for the host nations. The ISU should be assigning the next highest scoring skaters to any available GP spots. Did Kayne/O'Shea's Sr B score get them on the alternates list? I forgot how it works exactly, but if it did, they should have been the next in line right?
    Last edited by stjeaskategym; 10-11-2013 at 08:35 PM.

Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast