Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

vCash
    Re-posting this Middle Atlantics SP report from the Kiss and Cry, plus scores:
    Quote Originally Posted by nylynnr View Post
    Very high-quality pairs short program event. One of Donlan & Speroff's better programs, nice triple toes; fully rotated, +1's and one judge assessed +2. Lovely lift and throw. Lost points on BiDS, which gained just base level. Leng & LeDuc also excellent with triple toes, double twist, nice throw triple Salchow. CalalangSidhu solid with nice lateral 3tw and good 3Sals [ETA: and throw 3Lz]. I thought all three better here, than at Skate Detroit.
    1 Donlan/Speroff 63.39 [36.64 TES/26.75 PCS]
    2 Leng/LeDuc 58.59 [34.54/24.05]
    3 Calalang/Sidhu 57.21 [34.91/22.30]
    4 Shaughnessy/Morgan 48.67 [26.67/22.00]
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-07-2013 at 04:34 AM.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the fine details, Sylvia, I just renewed my subscription so I could see for myself. Unfortunately there are no videos as of yet; hopefully someone will post some soon.

citius, altius, fortius

vCash
    Very happy for D/S!
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    L/L and Calalang / Sidhu look strong as well.

Might it just come to pass that pairs will NOT be the weakest discipline at Nationals

vCash
    Someone sent me the Middle Atlantics FS scores for the U.S. pairs:

1 Calalang/Sidhu 107.77 [58.65 TES/49.12 PCS]
    2 Leng/LeDuc 105.34 [57.10/50.24 -2]
    3 Donlan/Speroff 100.60 [49.68/53.92 -3]
    4 ISR team
    5 Shaughnessy/Morgan 79.97 [39.97/42.00 -2][/QUOTE]

According to a report posted in Kiss and Cry, C/S skated cleanly, L/L were good overall with problems on both throws, and D/S had a fall (by both) on a lift as well as a fall on a throw but landed their jumps. If I receive any additional details, I will post.

Pairs Scoretracker is updated: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isnít every four years, itís every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Someone sent me the Middle Atlantics FS scores for the U.S. pairs:

1 Calalang/Sidhu 107.77 [58.65 TES/49.12 PCS]
    2 Leng/LeDuc 105.34 [57.10/50.24 -2]
    3 Donlan/Speroff 100.60 [49.68/53.92 -3]
    4 ISR team
    5 Shaughnessy/Morgan 79.97 [39.97/42.00 -2]

According to a report posted in Kiss and Cry, C/S skated cleanly, L/L were good overall with problems on both throws, and D/S had a fall (by both) on a lift as well as a fall on a throw but landed their jumps. If I receive any additional details, I will post.

Pairs Scoretracker is updated: http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/s...-pairs-scores/
    Sylvia, according to your score tracker, Baga/Toth have reportedly split. Is that older information from the discussion way upthread or does that come from newer information? I didn't remember seeing that when checking your chart before ...

vCash
    Hearsay info about Baga/Toth's split was mentioned in other threads last month (Programs thread in GSD and the Cranberry Open thread in Kiss and Cry). They are no longer listed in USFS' International Selection Pool (ISP) so I think their split can be considered official.

vCash
    Hearsay info about Baga/Toth's split was mentioned in other threads last month (Programs thread in GSD and the Cranberry Open thread in Kiss and Cry). They are no longer listed in USFS' International Selection Pool (ISP) so I think their split can be considered official.
    Thanks. I remember reading it as rumor in GSD somewhere; wasn't sure if it was here or in another thread. But the fact that they are no longer listed in the ISP is stronger evidence. Too bad!

vCash
    Kiri Baga explains how she reached her difficult decision to stop skating pairs in her new journal entry: http://www.figureskatersonline.com/k...a/journal.html

vCash
    Has Taylor yet made any comment on what his plans are (i.e., is he searching for another partner)?

vCash
    Re-posting what I just now posted in the K&C forum (in regards to Donlan & Speroff btw):

Thanks so much for the report and especially for the video!

I LOVE the costumes, oh my, the first thing I thought of was the drawing of Oksana Baiul that a fan gave me over a decade ago: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a3...666/oksana.jpg

Seriously, the music, the costumes, the skaters were sublime. They could've been skating to "Swan Lake"....

Okay, enough of my shallow observations, the skating itself was splendid (fully rotated sbs jumps, alas), pointed toes, perfect posture, high split-3-twist, and then out of nowhere BAM ! Scared the beejeezes out of me (she had just made it all the way to the top; slo-mo looked like she might've slightly bonked her head as well ). Which makes it all the more I M P R E S S I V E when they both got up and went right into another lift that covered the entire ice (what trust both partners have to have in each other to do that).

I know it has been said before, but I would like to say it again ~ pairs girls are TOUGH! 'nuff said. I mean look at 84 year old Dick Button, back when he was 73 yrs. old he skated on a small pond located on his property and fell. He had to have brain surgery, permanently lost hearing in one of his ears, had blood cots, a concussion, was in the hospital for months, and has never fully recovered. Not to mention Elena Bereznyha's heroic story. Just makes me appreciate ALL skaters so much more.

vCash
    Mentioned in the Middle Atlantics competition thread in Kiss and Cry but not in this thread yet... these 2 fancam videos were posted on TSL's FB page this past weekend:

Donlan/Speroff's 3rd place FS: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=400609190061055

Leng/LeDuc's 2nd place FS: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=400620406726600

ETA info passed along to me:
    Calalang/Sidhu landed their sbs 3S and were credited with 2A+1T (- GOE); also landed both throws (3S & 3Lz) successfully in the 2nd half.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-10-2013 at 05:32 AM.

vCash
    Re-posting what I just now posted in the K&C Forum:

I enjoyed reading the IN article, thanks Sylvia for posting it.

Now to the real reason I'm here this AM (but will be back for the Ladies FS at 2PM PST) ~ Castelli & Schnapir ~ I say FORGET the throw-4S! Seriously, you don't need it, and it only messes everything else up, especially the important sbs jumps, et al. I recall seeing you two live last year at Skate America (as well as D/C), and honest to God you two are just as good (mayhap even better; your 3twist is bigger than every other US pair and for that matter the world) as Denney&Coughlin. Both powerful, consistent (when not going for the throw 4S), fast, and polished. If you two want to make the Olympic Team *drop* the throw 4S and instead go for consistency and polished programs every time out. Otherwise you'll be off the podium like what happened in previous years when you two went for that darn throw 4S. Jmho.

vCash
    ^^^ Maybe you should edit your post next time? I hadn't gotten around to posting the Salt Lake Senior B pairs event recaps here yet... here they are:

Short Program article

Free Skate article

Denney/Coughlin won the silver and Kayne/O'Shea the bronze in their second international together!

SP protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...4/SEGM005.html
    FS protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...4/SEGM006.html
    Last edited by Sylvia; 09-14-2013 at 06:28 PM.

vCash
    ^^^ Maybe you should edit your post next time? I hadn't gotten around to posting the Salt Lake Senior B pairs event recaps here yet... here they are:

Short Program article

Free Skate article

Denney/Coughlin won the silver and Kayne/O'Shea the bronze in their second international together!

SP protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...4/SEGM005.html
    FS protocols: http://www.usfigureskating.org/leade...4/SEGM006.html
    Looking at the protocols and the results, the biggest revelation for me was K/O! I'm pleasantly surprised by how pleased international judges are with their skating. They had a fall, UR and missed some levels but got a decent score.

I'm hoping that C/S get it together. They've got the components, but need to make the SBS jumps work (I hope this doesn't develop into a problem for them again)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NadineWhite View Post
    Re-posting what I just now posted in the K&C Forum:

I enjoyed reading the IN article, thanks Sylvia for posting it.

Now to the real reason I'm here this AM (but will be back for the Ladies FS at 2PM PST) ~ Castelli & Schnapir ~ I say FORGET the throw-4S! Seriously, you don't need it, and it only messes everything else up, especially the important sbs jumps, et al. I recall seeing you two live last year at Skate America (as well as D/C), and honest to God you two are just as good (mayhap even better; your 3twist is bigger than every other US pair and for that matter the world) as Denney&Coughlin. Both powerful, consistent (when not going for the throw 4S), fast, and polished. If you two want to make the Olympic Team *drop* the throw 4S and instead go for consistency and polished programs every time out. Otherwise you'll be off the podium like what happened in previous years when you two went for that darn throw 4S. Jmho.
    You do realize skaters fall from triple throws as well, they may as well try it if they have it, it's worth 8 points.

vCash
    If it's a choice between a throw 2A+ or throw 4S in the FS, I'd say Castelli/Shnapir should go for the quad!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by olympic View Post
    Looking at the protocols and the results, the biggest revelation for me was K/O! I'm pleasantly surprised by how pleased international judges are with their skating. They had a fall, UR and missed some levels but got a decent score.

I'm hoping that C/S get it together. They've got the components, but need to make the SBS jumps work (I hope this doesn't develop into a problem for them again)
    Kayne/O'Shea's freeskate is impressive. I'm also happy to see the scores, but not really surprised after seeing them compete. The beginning of the Don Quixote program is very impressive and the ending is also excellent. They have incorporated many of the classic moves straight from the ballet and Kayne's posture is impressive. I'm thinking those qualities will hold them in good stead with international judges. I am most impressed by their ability to compete. Their practices were not nearly as impressive as their competitive performances.

vCash
    BTW, I see that D/C are doing a 2x-2t-2t instead of a 2x-2x seq. I assume that the 3 jump combo gets more points?

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    2A+2A SEQ has a base of 3.3x2x.8, or 5.28 (or 5.81 in the second half). 2x/2T/2T has a base of 3.3+1.1+1.1, or 5.5 (or 6.05 in the second half). The difference is a not a lot.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast